It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Democrats Part Three -- a New Star is Born

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: olaru12

Judging by our normal voter turnout maybe 10% of those kids will vote when old enough, so not really a problem yet.

The midterms in November will be interesting. Those kids have parents. A sleeping giant has awakened, and they're pissed.
Now Trump has caused a disaffection among some of his most ardent conservative supporters with his vote on the budget.

We will see....

Good maybe we will actually see INFORMED voters start to actually cast ballots on both sides

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Wayfarer

For all those who think this kid is the enemy,.. how many of you have been victim to school shootings. I would like to think surely someone should have the same perspective before passing judgement.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

You do not have to be a party to a particular situation to have a valid opinion of it.

If that where not the case we would all need to stop participating in conversations such as these. Most of us have not been president or won any kind of political office; many of us have not been to war; or are transgender ... and the vast vast majority of us will not be victims of mass shootings. This does not in itself disqualify our opinions on the subjects.

You are correct that you don't have to have experienced an event to have an (likely innacurate) opinion of it, but make no mistake, your opinion is a lot less valid than someone who has suffer through it.

That is not correct at all. There are a meriod of inputs that makes one opinion more or less valid on a subject. Participation can be one of them, but it could also be a hindrance as well.

For example a person who has studied viloninet crime for an adult life time will likely have a much more valid (accurate) opinion on the subject than last night's mugging victim. The victim may be able to offer a prospective that others might not be able to, but it is also likely that it will be clouded by the emotion of the incident and can be full of innacuicies.

Your example works in scenarios other than what we are discussing. In this case, you're arguing that you can potentially have a more valid opinion than someone who's own life was threatened by a scenario that you have no desire to change in any meaningful way.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

For all those who think this kid is the enemy,.. how many of you have been victim to a school shooting? I would like to think surely someone should have the same perspective before passing judgement.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

It does in no way make them the authority on guns or our rights, emotion does not equal knowledge.

I havent been a victim of a school shooting, but I have been in active combat much of my life and shot at more times than I can count. I currently have a fragment from an AK round still in my leg.

Why am I not anti-gun?

Your statement doesnt even make sense.

Your experience in combat is invalid, because these kids aren't trained to fight back, aren't equipped to fight back, and aren't in an environment that any sane person should expect to have to deal with being shot at. Another false equivalent.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Judging by our normal voter turnout maybe 10% of those kids will vote when old enough, so not really a problem yet.

The midterms in November will be interesting. Those kids have parents. A sleeping giant has awakened, and they're pissed.
Now Trump has caused a disaffection among some of his most ardent conservative supporters with his vote on the budget.

We will see....

The problem with using the people in that picture; or those participating in these discussions as a barometer for coming elections is that they/we do not represent the vast majority of voters.

The vast majority of voters spend a small fraction of their time thinking about any one political subject (or in most case any political subject at all). So it's almost impossible to know which way they are going to go.

That's why polling companies have had a hard time counting Trump supporters... because most Trunp supports (like most everyone else) hang up the phone when their asked to take a poll. The only people who stick around for those polls (who go to these protests, or talk endlessly about these subjects) are only a microcosm of the real world. We have gotten so caught up in the instant data of the internet that we don't see that.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

This is a false equivalent, because you're comparing something that actually happened to an (unsubstantiated) crackpot conspiracy theory.

Crackpot conspiracy theory huh?

Did you see the display today?

Yes, a school shooting happened.
Yes, law enforcement that failed on every level was not held accountable.
Yes, the fingers are pointed at the NRA.

What do you think the goal of today's March was? Are you gonna insist that it wasn't about demanding more gun control laws that chip away at the 2nd amendment?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You may be on to something.

I caught a snippet of his act yesterday.
At first glance of his pointed head,
before I knew what he was on about, or switched the channel,
I wanted to vomit. It was instinctive.
It is a sense I rely on pretty heavily.
His head is the sole memory of my watch duty on that day.

Yeah. This guy is a rock star. He is hungry for it.
The Big Top has parted her lips and bideth him cometh.
And they will pimp him, get him so hard his little head will explode so Watch Out.

Why do I need Liberty, when I have FAME?

Bitch.

Personally, I wish when I walk outside, there weren’t a zillion cars zooming around,
with no one using directionals
or the windshield. These persons don’t want, or need assault weapons.
They have cars.

# 948
edit on 25-3-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

For all those who think this kid is the enemy,.. how many of you have been victim to school shootings. I would like to think surely someone should have the same perspective before passing judgement.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

You do not have to be a party to a particular situation to have a valid opinion of it.

If that where not the case we would all need to stop participating in conversations such as these. Most of us have not been president or won any kind of political office; many of us have not been to war; or are transgender ... and the vast vast majority of us will not be victims of mass shootings. This does not in itself disqualify our opinions on the subjects.

You are correct that you don't have to have experienced an event to have an (likely innacurate) opinion of it, but make no mistake, your opinion is a lot less valid than someone who has suffer through it.

That is not correct at all. There are a meriod of inputs that makes one opinion more or less valid on a subject. Participation can be one of them, but it could also be a hindrance as well.

For example a person who has studied viloninet crime for an adult life time will likely have a much more valid (accurate) opinion on the subject than last night's mugging victim. The victim may be able to offer a prospective that others might not be able to, but it is also likely that it will be clouded by the emotion of the incident and can be full of innacuicies.

Your example works in scenarios other than what we are discussing. In this case, you're arguing that you can potentially have a more valid opinion than someone who's own life was threatened by a scenario that you have no desire to change in any meaningful way.

I have never argued that "I" could have a more valid opinion on a given subject. I, like your self, am just a schom on the internet.

My argument to you is that participating in a situation alone does not make someone and an authority on the subject ... and it certainly does not alone elevate ones opinions above all others.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Your post has entirely failed to contradict my assertion of a crackpot conspiracy theory. I see nothing other than people protesting that there is no meaningful effective gun control.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
David Hogg is an attention whore, he seems to love the spotlight. I'm sure if he becomes a politician he'll be just as corrupt as any other. I really hope people aren't actually falling for this child charlatan. My hopes aren't very high though. Pretty scummy they're parading this kid in front of the cameras as if he's some kind of idol.
Agreed.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

That's perhaps a better wording than previous. Sure, perhaps there are experts and scholars who have studied constitutional law and gun control their whole lives that may offer weighty opinions, but it would be the acme of foolishness to discount experiential witnesses as anything other than of the highest value.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

If you're ok with children being manipulated into an agenda in which they demand your civil liberties be removed...

Then carry on and celebrate your false moral superiority on social media.

They aren't being manipulated, they are demanding it for themselves. They don't wish to have to risk their lives just to get an education so the "adults" can keep their penis extensions. Anyone who sees ANYTHING wrong with what these kids are doing has, themselves, got an "agenda".

Last I checked, this event wasn't organized by 14-18 year olds. Moreover, the kids at Stoneman HS and other high schools across the nation that are pro-2nd amendment aren't even allowed to be interviewed. That's an agenda.

To insist that the constitution be altered is an agenda. Defending the document that this nation was founded on is not.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Your post has entirely failed to contradict my assertion of a crackpot conspiracy theory. I see nothing other than people protesting that there is no meaningful effective gun control.

You avoided my question. I'll ask it again.

What do you think the goal of today's March was? Are you gonna insist that it wasn't about demanding more gun control laws that chip away at the 2nd amendment?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You're being silly. I absolutely answered it. They want meaningful effective gun control (to quote my own god damn post above for goodness sake)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You're being silly. I absolutely answered it. They want meaningful effective gun control (to quote my own god damn post above for goodness sake)

And in your view what would constitute as "meaningful effective gun control"? I prefer dealing with specifics in this manner as it weeds out the BS.

In your opinion, what's the solution exactly? What laws should be enacted? Because protesting something without offering any sort of solution is pointless, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

To insist that the constitution be altered is an agenda. Defending the document that this nation was founded on is not.

It's called an "Amendment" for a reason mate.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

And in your view what would constitute as "meaningful effective gun control"? I prefer dealing with specifics in this manner as it weeds out the BS.

In your opinion, what's the solution exactly? What laws should be enacted? Because protesting something without offering any sort of solution is pointless, don't you think?

First, that's not how protests work. They serve to mobilize public awareness.

Second, while I appreciate the opportunity to offer my opinion (and I certainly have strong ones on this subject), it would be disrespectful of the OP who made this thread to discuss the gentlemen in question, so rather than derail into an ulterior discusion, if you'd like me to codify my approach then please make a new thread (or PM me a link to one of the myriad already created) and I'd be happy to share.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Now Trump has caused a bigly disaffection among some of his most ardent conservative supporters with his vote on the budget.

We will see....

Yeah, we get it. Progressives were pummled, along with their gender fluid agenda,
and so they are
latching onto any talking point feces that looks good crawling up a wall.

This is simply a way to parenthesize and focus every stunt they tried to garner hate-action
for the figurehead of their daily two minute hate, Trump. This is nothing but a protracted
recount and they know it. So do you.

Here’s my advice: Rather than sacking the Constitution, why not stick to going after Trump.
He is negotiable, flawed, has already sold out,
and this too will pass.

If you think the backlash against in-our-face progressive gender perverting filth was bad, just wait.

# 949

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

It's called an "Amendment" for a reason mate.

Know your history mate.

The first ten amendments ( or the Bill of Rights ) were created the same year the U.S. Constitution was ratified in response to Anti-federalist concerns that the U.S. would become a monarchy.

In effect, the Bill of Rights didn't "amend" or change anything about the Constitution. It merely outlined the specific civil rights that the Constitution didn't previously clarify.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The Elite's new poster boy for disarming the populace.

Soros is behind this. That alone should raise red flags in anyone who can think critically. Soros is the one funding BLM and AntiFA. If that alone doesn't tell you there is an agenda, then it's truly become hopeless. He doesn't fund things because he has a big heart and cares. He cares nothing about saving children. If he cared about children, him and his ilk would stop funding wars all over the world. It's about money and furthering anything that allows them tighter control on the unwashed masses.

Take a moment and read up on Soros and pay particular attention to the things he has said. Him and his buddies are looking to crash the economies of countries around the world and bring in a global system that benefits... him and his buddies.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The Constitution can still be changed, that's the point.

If you think otherwise then you have a fantasy viewpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join