It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Foundation Sees 1,200% Surge In Youth Membership, Donations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well the timing can not be ignored and neither can the surges happening simultaneously.

To put it simply looks like the 2af and other pro 2a are being out gunned at the moment.

Will it continue? The nkotb funding is large and their scripts are long.

Also it very much looks like the usa has lost veto power at the highest levels.

srry i am a realist

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Well the timing can not be ignored and neither can the surges happening simultaneously.

To put it simply looks like the 2af and other pro 2a are being out gunned at the moment.

Will it continue? The nkotb funding is large and their scripts are long.

Also it very much looks like the usa has lost veto power at the highest levels.

srry i am a realist

Gun rights groups are doing a lot of work, it's just not getting the media coverage gun control does. The media are mostly anti-gun types. Of course they're going to leave you with the impression they're winning, because that's what they want to believe. It's the same reason Hillary was a shoe-in in 2016. Their own wishful thinking clouded their objectivity and influenced their coverage.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: CB328

I know most of the youth in my neighborhood are clamoring to get their hands on a couple of pistols and a nice semi. Good for them.

Good for them? What kind of insane moron wants kids to have gun??? You won't think it's so good when they carjack you.

Why are you stereotyping good kids?

So all kids that want their own hunting rifle are going to car jack you?

A pistol is a good thing to have when hunting incase you screw up and end up having to climb a tree cause of what you shot at.

Can never go wrong with a backup weapon.

First time hunting hogs didn't have a backup weapon ended up treed for a few hours after shooting at the wrong pig, now I always have a handgun when hunting just in case.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I know pro gunner gorups are working on stuff and that they have no msm force except peeps like alan gottlieb and armed american radio, sons of liberty radio and such

That added with the 2 losses this yr by repubs is the basis for my conclusion that if pro2a does not get a big scotus win b4 elections then there will be many bans on favorite weapons and dems will be running the shows and not just by proxy through the current potus.

What can be done to counter at this time other than praying for scotus win and no more mass killings?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I know pro gunner gorups are working on stuff and that they have no msm force except peeps like alan gottlieb and armed american radio, sons of liberty radio and such

That added with the 2 losses this yr by repubs is the basis for my conclusion that

Including that one of those losses was to a pro-gun candidate? Along with zero evidence evidence gun control played a major role in the other race? If you're factoring that in, you're failing to understand the issue. Gun control had a highly publicized march. That doesn't translate into 2A folks being in trouble. Sorry, you're not being realistic. You got tricked by the media into thinking there is some huge movement toward massive change in gun legislation.

Even if Democrats won every seat up for re-election in November, the most they can have afterwards is 57 Senate seats. 59 counting the 2 Independents that caucus with them. That's not enough to overcome a filibuster. You're also forgetting that there are some pro-gun Democrats that vote with Republicans on some gun issues. After Sandy Hook, Harry Reid who was Senate Majority Leader at the time never even brought the proposed assault weapon ban up for a floor vote because he couldn't even get all the Democrats on board with it. These sweeping, over the top bans and restrictions don't fail because the NRA paid off the Republicans. They fail because Congress cares about getting re-elected and their constituents don't support those kinds of measures.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

lolers

Do you think dems really want anything to change now??????????

They just got 10 Christmases in 1 when the repub pres. signed a 2.6t spending bill that funded everything they asked for including new gun control measures.

The largest spending bill in history of the world. They can sleep in for the rest of the year and repubs will still be selling guns and losin votes.

peace out

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

That's a cute way to avoid responding to anything I said, which is what you've done pretty much the last 2 pages. Sorry you got tricked by the media.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say that those who Practice their 2nd Amendment Rights have an Obligation to Support Gun Rights Groups such as the NRA . There are Millions of Americans that Own Firearms , and do not Support or Care about the Mouthpieces at the NRA and their Propaganda in the Media . It's a Free Country , and they can say and Believe what they want , but they do not represent the Majority of Armed Americans who do not Wish to be put in the Public Spotlight to further Any Agenda .
edit on 25-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You've obviously never worked with teenagers. They have the attention span of a gnat. By November they will have something else to whine/witch about and will have forgotten that they were even signed up to vote.

If they wanted to do something for their demographic, why are they not out there making equal noise about so many of their peers being killed and maimed due to texting while driving. Far more death and destruction from that single cause than from mass school shootings. But NOOOOOO---they don't address the thing that could actually make a difference in their lives. It is more fun to try to take away my ability to defend myself and my family from bad guys. That's where the perks are! Free transport, free food, free t-shirts---who is doing that for the kids and adults killed and maimed by texting people?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Just like the women's march crowd won't take on a real issue like human trafficking across the border, where women and children are often exploited by cartels and smugglers. Or oppression of women in the Middle East and Africa. Nope, just gonna march for rights we already have and pretend we're oppressed in a country where we outnumber men and can do pretty much everything a man can do.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Keep 'em busy with tripe and maybe they won't think about the things that actually would matter and make a difference. Seems to be the plan for many issues.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I'm a constitutionalist . A person who loves the 2ed amendment and doesn't want the government taking anything from the people.

This being the way that you talk with your fellow citizens, whether they are on the left or not, is why no one wants to listen to people like me.

You are hurting our cause more than the gun grabbers. Please have respect for your fellow citizens.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm a constitutionalist . A person who loves the 2ed amendment and doesn't want the government taking anything from the people.

This being the way that you talk with your fellow citizens, whether they are on the left or not, is why no one wants to listen to people like me.

You are hurting our cause more than the gun grabbers. Please have respect for your fellow citizens.

I'm perfectly willing to have a decent conversation with anyone on this subject, and I have on these boards and in other places. When you come in making up a bunch of baseless theories, that doesn't scream "I'm here for serious discussion". When you post the kind of nonsense you did in a public forum, you're probably gonna get called out for it. If you're not prepared for that, I suggest you grow some thicker skin or just don't post baseless drivel like you did. If anything hurts the cause it's people posting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that make 2nd Amendment supporters look like lunatics.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
You've obviously never worked with teenagers. They have the attention span of a gnat. By November they will have something else to whine/witch about and will have forgotten that they were even signed up to vote.

If they wanted to do something for their demographic, why are they not out there making equal noise about so many of their peers being killed and maimed due to texting while driving. Far more death and destruction from that single cause than from mass school shootings. But NOOOOOO---they don't address the thing that could actually make a difference in their lives. It is more fun to try to take away my ability to defend myself and my family from bad guys. That's where the perks are! Free transport, free food, free t-shirts---who is doing that for the kids and adults killed and maimed by texting people?

I agree with much of your post.

I think any age peeps will do funny for the money even vote.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The difference i see in the new kids on the block and the nra is that new members of the nra are focused on buying guns while the other is focused on voting.

Voter turnout will likely be higher for the group registering new voters vs the group selling more guns and until the system collapses the pro voters have the right of way.

This is why much monies needs to be put into the pro 2a group and an equal effort to sign new voters while attempting to hide the repubs leadership abilities.

The current actions by repubs is likely to turn any rational thinking person away from the polls if their choice is antigun vs idiot.

There are simply not enough unregistered pro-2 for this to make a difference. The majority of Americans are for common sense gun control. I am for gun control measures and am also pro -2. i think any type of gun outlawed should be available to a well trained state militia. They should also be made available (on a rental / storage basis) where they can be shot for fun, for those who enjoy that.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

but why are you for gun control other than hitting your target?

the rates of death by gun are going down

personally i do not like the ar's and such and feel it brings a stupid ass mentality to the whole usa and i feel that we would be better served by putting forth a mo better profile of the average gun nutter. but that is my opinion and i am not in favor of forcefully inputing my will on the subject into everyones lives.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

The difference i see in the new kids on the block and the nra is that new members of the nra are focused on buying guns while the other is focused on voting.

Voter turnout will likely be higher for the group registering new voters vs the group selling more guns and until the system collapses the pro voters have the right of way.

This is why much monies needs to be put into the pro 2a group and an equal effort to sign new voters while attempting to hide the repubs leadership abilities.

The current actions by repubs is likely to turn any rational thinking person away from the polls if their choice is antigun vs idiot.

There are simply not enough unregistered pro-2 for this to make a difference. The majority of Americans are for common sense gun control. I am for gun control measures and am also pro -2. i think any type of gun outlawed should be available to a well trained state militia. They should also be made available (on a rental / storage basis) where they can be shot for fun, for those who enjoy that.

Citation needed for the bolded above.

I suppose its an impossible request, given there is no real definition of "common sense gun control" beyond people suggesting rules/laws already in place.

Side note: i don't ask this to be rude...but how do you reconcile being pro2nd while wanting limits on it? As a logical test of that viewpoint, would you believe we have a right to not have soldiers quartered in our homes, but there needs to be common sense restrictions to such a right?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
imo we should put the super semi's in the closet until we get raided or invaded by a strong force

imo we should duck under the current mess being put forth by anti gunners by not being so in yo face with our rights

imo we should learn that mentality is everything when it comes to protecting our rights.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

imo we should put the super semi's in the closet until we get raided or invaded by a strong force

imo we should duck under the current mess being put forth by anti gunners by not being so in yo face with our rights

imo we should learn that mentality is everything when it comes to protecting our rights.

You are right.

We should also curtail other rights similarly, so as to not upset others. Maybe if Hogg would stifle his 1st Amendment right, he can start a wave of action that will have us all give up our rights and not wave them in peoples faces.

Because there is only certain times and ways we should engage in rights. While we are at it, we should ask dogs to stop barking. Why effect our first amendment rights only? Lets spread that to other animals.

Sorry...i know that came across a bit rude. Its not my intent. I just think we forget what "rights" are.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You are right.

We should also curtail other rights similarly, so as to not upset others. Maybe if Hogg would stifle his 1st Amendment right, he can start a wave of action that will have us all give up our rights and not wave them in peoples faces.

Because there is only certain times and ways we should engage in rights. While we are at it, we should ask dogs to stop barking. Why effect our first amendment rights only? Lets spread that to other animals.

Sorry...i know that came across a bit rude. Its not my intent. I just think we forget what "rights" are.

Regarding the curtailing of 1st amendment protections on freedom of speech and expression, how would the Hollywood elite react if the government took the same approach to "common sense legislation" by banning certain violent films that use and glorify the use of firearms and mass killings? And if the response is that films do not kill people, or you cannot persuade someone to kill based upon a film or speech. Then I wonder why all those millions of $$$ go into marketing to convince people to see them if they are not easily manipulated by the "ad speech". Hollywood would never spend that much $$$ on convincing people (i.e. marketing and advertisements) if it did not work at all.

Restrict one right, then you risk restricting them all.

edit on 3/26/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join