It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush's statue has been the target of a vile act. (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Former President of the United States, has had his statue covered in blood by a cruel, and vile act on his name.
While I am not 'for' this type of message, if it is one, of hatred for the man, or, men, I feel everyone has a right to express themself , but not at this level. He was the President and deserves respect, but this type of hatred is wrong.

www.conspiracyplanet.com
George Herbert Walker Bush Statue Covered in Blood
by HOUSTON.INDYMEDIA.ORG
The Houston statue of former president, CIA director and unindicted war criminal George Herbert Walker Bush was coated with red 'blood,' according to Houston Indymedia.

It is unknown whether these were spontaneous stigmata signifying Bush's remorse at all the horror and bloodshed he has caused the rest of the world, or whether it was a "political" statement, or maybe a "performance art" piece by those who have not forgotten the iniquities of the Bush Crime Family.

Unlike the Baghdad statue of former Bush business partner Saddam Hussein, George "Poppy" Bush's statue, however, was not toppled.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think people are trying to send this family, the 'Bush family' a message! Stop the killings in Iraq! Does George Bush hate the Iraqi people the same way Hitler hated the jews?!
If enemies start coming across the border of the United States, and rage war against all that these men have done to the people in Iraq, it may be the result of thousands of lives lost in violence against their leader's plan for 'peace', that backfired into a war that is now made up of suicide bombs, beheadings, and point blank killings against Americans, and other countries, there to cover the war, or, just an innocent bystander.
The wars that have been placed there by two Presidents, George Bush Sr, and George Bush Jr.,may make the people feel like all they want is war and oil, and have become fed up with them, and this was sent as a message to stop the bloodshed.

Related News Links:
houston.indymedia.org

[edit on 17-2-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 17-2-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I Voted For The Article

But I'm voting against commentary that supports brownshirt tactics.

It was a tough call, but I think people should see what kinds of thugs oppose the war.

And how those who use crime to make their point make only the point that they are criminals who discredit their supposed causes by behaving like animals.

I will never support such vile thuggery.

By choosing a path of evil, they prove their cause wrong and motivated by hatred.

Here's hoping those who did this are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It is wrong but, isn't Bush doing the same thing Hitler did?
Didn't his grandfather help elect Hitler? Maybe this is innocent blood being shed or , it may be a bad sign as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I agree with you. if someone opposes the war, or,
his plans for the economy, they don't need to act
out in a vicious manner. That is kind of like calling
the kettle black, you could say. You fight war with
kindness I believe anyway.I believe kindness and civility could help stop this war, and that kindness always helps, and doesn't hinder people through language barriers, or race, it makes them come together rather. That is my opinion anyway. Thank You for your words and your vote.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Quitting While Ahead

Originally posted by realorritt:
It is wrong but, isn't Bush doing the same thing Hitler did?

You were doing very well up to the fourth word in that sentence.

When you say something is "wrong, but" you are telling your reader you are about to justify something you just said was wrong.

It's just wrong. And it's okay to just admit that it is.

Everything after that contradicts your own words.

As for the Bush/Hitler comparison, I happen to have studied what Hitler did for several years.

Your statement suggests you don't know what Hitler did -- or even what Bush did, and thus discredits your insulting and defamatory comparison.

I recommend sticking with honest scholarship and leaving the insulting propagandisms to those unable to think coherently.

I think you're better than this, and urge you to reflect it in your posts.

Footnote

Edit: This is harsh criticism, but it is honest. You are a writer and a scholar, but when you start invoking Hitler, you're gunning for a Godwin Award.

Good journalism does not include that sort of rhetoric. I recommend reporting the story and soliciting comments.

That was why I hesitated to vote for the story: the commentary. The story should be told, and you're free to comment as you see fit.

But if you continue to use inappropriate Nazi-invocations, I will never vote for you again.

This is nothing personal -- I'm sure you're a fine human being. But I despise lies and name-calling, and urge a more reasoned assessment of the situation.

I truly do not mean to offend, but I don't have time for weasel words. Please just try to be reasonably objective in presenting news.

Sincerely and with warm regards,

Majic

[edit on 2/17/2005 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Honestly you have not offended me at all. I learn from people all over this forum, and you have become one I have learned something from, so, how can I be angry with someone who has went out of their way to teach me the proper way to do something? I am not a bias person really, sometimes I am thoug.lol but really, I am always open for constructive criticism, and I thank You.
Also, whoever wants to take credit for this story can, I ruined it. so sorry.
Oh and Majic...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I am never submitting news again.

I am so mad at myself for not thinking.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Lost In The Translation

Originally posted by realorritt
I am never submitting news again.
I am so mad at myself for not thinking.

I hope this isn't true, and am concerned I am being misinterpreted.

I have only the harshest words for inappropriate use of Hitler and Nazis to a topic.

However, I do not want to have any part in discouraging you from submitting articles. That wasn't my intent at all.

I'm just recommending some circumspection on the commentary.

It need not agree with my opinions at all. I'm just saying the Hitler business ruins what could be a very important topic.

Please: Keep writing!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Please someone explain to me why a president should automatically be respected?
A man is in a position that allows him to kill, destroy, invade, take away YOUR freedom...Any one else would be in jail already.
In some circles he would be called a mobster.
Takin care of business on the public front for those with enough cash to have control of those in control.

Yes someone needs to send a mesage, not to Bush and co., but to the general public;
WAKE UP!! and smellthefknrottn#einthewhitehouse, and No.10

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's simple, it's an act of vandalism, you know, destruction of public property, ect..... no more, or no less.....it's illegal, I do believe.....

why should it be seen any different if it's a stutue of a former president or the vandalism of school property, or bridges, or whatever else stupid kids decide to write on, tear up, basically destroy?

By the way, can you PROVE that these people were opponents of Bush, and not just a bunch of drunken kids screwing around.....who knows, maybe if they look around a little they'll find a member of one of the gangs laying somewhere dead, I mean, the blood had to come from somewhere didn't it?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
right. Sorry, I don't feel like posting here, I did not do this right, I messed up, and after 2 days of no sleep I wonder why.lol

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Bush Versus Carrie

Originally posted by dawnstar
By the way, can you PROVE that these people were opponents of Bush, and not just a bunch of drunken kids screwing around.....who knows, maybe if they look around a little they'll find a member of one of the gangs laying somewhere dead, I mean, the blood had to come from somewhere didn't it?

The danger with this tactic is that this may make Bush Sr.'s psychic powers go haywire.

Next story we'll we will be how he locked a bunch of high school kids in the gym using telekinesis and burned it down.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I voted against this submission because I felt it was a piece of "hate" propaganda. The sources for this story were of the same type.

I voted against the piece and not the writer. This was not a newsworthy news item IMHO.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Please reply to any posts here I no longer am replying.
I have been called or seen maybe s biased.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The liberal, leftist, complete idiots that wrote the article are most likely the vandals here. Daily I am amazed at the complete ignorance of the left. I will personally make sure the vile subhuman trash that did this pay for it, each and every one of them. Be afraid, be very afraid.................

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Those Long And Sleepless Nights

Originally posted by realorritt:
right. Sorry, I don't feel like posting here, I did not do this right, I messed up,
and after 2 days of no sleep I wonder why.lol

Rest up! ATS will still be here when you get back.

Unless the government packs everything up and makes it disappear ala The X-Files, of course.

But either way, please come back when you're rested and refreshed and keep the news coming!

I doubt I would have seen this story if you hadn't posted it, and I'm grateful you went to the effort.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Can anyone say, "Bout time"?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
anyone who is imortalized for going to war should expect peaceful people to show their horror for war.

statues have been pulled down and defaced throughout history, the victor always decides who'se statue getst to stand.

art is art, to destroy is to create.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Justifying Crime And Other Shameful Conduct

Originally posted by Chaosica:
to destroy is to create

Other quotes in the same vein:

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength." --George Orwell, 1984

Any justification for thuggery is thuggery.

If you truly value art, then create some.

Vandalism is crime, not art.

If the same thugs who did this decided to practice the same kind of "art" on your house because they didn't like what your house represents (perhaps it's too bourgeois for them), you would realize just how regrettably foolish and morally bereft your statement is.

I recommend giving some more thought to what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by Majic: "It was a tough call, but I think people should see what kinds of thugs oppose the war."

I agree that this kind of act was done by thugs but I stronly disagree with the statement that people who oppose the war are thugs.

I believe there are thugs who support the war as well as oppose it. To label people "thugs" just because they oppose the war is going a bit far in profiling people who do not believe in war. I take offence in being consisdered a "thug" just becasue I oppose the war.

IF voting were open I would vote for this article.

<<   2 >>

join