It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18yrs old - too young to own guns - yet 16yrs old - Old enough to stipulate gun policy?? - madness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
a reply to: ketsuko

Is this why despite Columbine among other mass shootings didn't teach us its time to put security afforded to the adults in Washington in our schools. Our most precious assets in America are still unprotected in comparison. Is it because they are children and unlike adults, they don't deserve a safe place to grow.

So every school child in America needs a SS detail?

There was an armed school resource officer at Parkland, but thanks to administrative decisions coming from the Federal Gov. and filtering down through the schools and police dept. in Parkland, that resource officer did not take appropriate action to stop the shooting. So much for security for the children!

Then we found out that despite numerous warnings and referrals and calls to law enforcement over the years that would have, should have raised very serious red flags about the shooter ... nothing was done because no one wanted to put precious children in prison potentially.

So nothing was done about him ... until it was too late, and even after it was too late, none of the law enforcement on-site or arriving on scene were able or allowed by policy to take any action, and CHILDREN DIED as a result.

This was not as much a fault of the existing gun laws as we've been told and made to believe, but a failure of administrative government policy in both law enforcement and school discipline to identify and react appropriately to a well-known potential threat in their midst in favor of cooking their books for increased federal dollars! The gun control debate is simply a massive distraction from the *real* scandal.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They aren't old enough to hold office, or vote. So, no, not old enough to stipulate gun policy.

Still...they have you talking. Bravo 16 yr. olds!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Sixteen yr. old's protested the Vietnam War.

They were wrong then, too.

No, they were right to protest the Vietnam War. Problem was, the government wanted the war, so it didn't matter what the people wanted.

That's why they were beaten by police and shot by the National Guard.

If these kids today were protesting the debt based fiat currency system of the Federal Reserve Bank they would not be the media darlings they are now. They would be "a handful of rabble-rousers who didn't know what they were protesting."

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Then perhaps, just perhaps, they ought to look to their own behaviours as regards allowing, or worse, dismissing, bullying in the hallways and class rooms of those schools?

That, before marching against gun violence, will go a long ways towards reducing, dare I say even eliminating, many problems in schools.

But that doesn't grab headlines, or get clicks on you tube...does it?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You mean they'd be the TEA Party?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's not about the kids, it's about manipulating people's emotions.

Old people won't play the part, so the use kids who are easily influenced.

The first thing that needs address is this Smith Munt act bs.

If anyone has proof that any of the school shootings are real, I would like to see it.

And no, young and dumb kids who have zero life experience, pay zero property tax should not takepart in policy making by being lead to manipulate people.

Let's get that part straight. It is an ORGANIZED demonstration trying to remove gun rights.

Who organizes this behavior, the Nazis?

That's scarier than anything, that a group is organizing this.

They need identified and removed from the country.

link   

I was referring to metal detectors and locked doors. As for the 'resource officer' in my previous experience is these guys are either old and worn out or couldn't cut it as an officer.

link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Adults have more sense than emotional 16 year olds.

So of course the politicians will target children in order to push any government control program.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So of course the politicians will target children in order to push any government control program.

Not to mention, children trigger adult emotional centers and make you do things you might not ordinarily do. So emo children create emo adults.

It's mega manipulation.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All you have to do is watch the interview with David Hogg where his three favorite vocabulary words are "like," "f#ck," and either "sh!t" or "uh" and you're cured of the emo kid trigger though.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not to mention, children trigger adult emotional centers and make you do things you might not ordinarily do. So emo children create emo adults.

It's mega manipulation.

Or.....a lunatic came to their school, shot and killed their friends and they are having an emotional response to that. Maybe.

Or, they are just tools?

How can you denigrate teenagers living in a culture where it's the norm for crazies to shoot up schools, who are trying to be politically active?

Are you all really so scared your guns will be taken? As if that could ever happen?
edit on 3/24/2018 by Admitted because: missed a word.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It's not about the kids, it's about manipulating people's emotions.

Old people won't play the part, so the use kids who are easily influenced.

The first thing that needs address is this Smith Munt act bs.

If anyone has proof that any of the school shootings are real, I would like to see it.

And no, young and dumb kids who have zero life experience, pay zero property tax should not takepart in policy making by being lead to manipulate people.

Let's get that part straight. It is an ORGANIZED demonstration trying to remove gun rights.

Who organizes this behavior, the Nazis?

That's scarier than anything, that a group is organizing this.

They need identified and removed from the country.

Contact some of the parents who lost their children in mass shootings and tell them that their children never existed and/or still alive.

Rather than perpetuating disgusting and baseless conspiracy theories on obscure forums, why not blow the lid off of it?

My boss was in Vegas during the shooting, I could DM her so you can talk about how she actually didn't see dead bodies, people being shot, exploded heads, etc etc and how she has been paid off by the Illuminutty to push a false flag narrative.

Oh - while you're at it, you can tell her husband he actually didn't get shot, didn't have to get rushed to the hospital - it was all imaginary using crisis actors.

You people are straight up lunatics.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Throwing out ridiculous memes and the rights inability to legislate reasonable action to protect children is why these school shootings are occurring. I don't pretend to know the answers but I do know memes don't help anyone especially to those of us sending our children to school every day. Mental health and biometric trigger locks would be a moajor step in the right direction in my opinion.

ZOMG!

Memes posted at the AboveTopSecret forums are a leading cause of mass school shootings!!

edit on 24-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've heard it all in this thread.

One the kids have no right to be protected cause they are not old enough.

Two its the kid's fault for getting shot because they're bullies.

Third, it never happened it's all fake.

You guys listening to yourself. I hope none of you have kids because you would completely fail at parenting.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Oh, no doubt there is an emotional response to being in a school where there was a shooting, but what is being talked about is going way over your head.

These kids are being used. They're being used because they are kids and they are emotional.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Throwing out ridiculous memes and the rights inability to legislate reasonable action to protect children is why these school shootings are occurring. I don't pretend to know the answers but I do know memes don't help anyone especially to those of us sending our children to school every day. Mental health and biometric trigger locks would be a moajor step in the right direction in my opinion.

ZOMG!

Memes posted at the AboveTopSecret forums are a leading cause of mass school shootings!!

Do you really meme that?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

And you are employing hyperbole.

Why do kids snap?

That's what we should be discussing. Taking away a gun is just a band-aid to cover up the real problem: kids are snapping in ways that make them want to murder mass quantities of their peers.

That is the real problem, and that is what we should be addressing.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Well, guns kill people under 18 just as much as older people. So I’d say they have a vital interest

Do guns kill people under 18, or people under 18 with guns kill people under 18?!

link   
If the laws aren't changed to suit these kids, I wonder if any will go on a shooting rampage due to hurt feelings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join