It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation of what the: flag, star, trophy & lightening bolt are, how calculated/received, etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I looked around the board but I haven't been able to find out how some of these things are given out or obtained - or calculated. Is there a thread that explains this or a page?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and karma: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-3-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We have the FRESHMEN FORUM.... Everything about everything is there in a zillion threads.

Read the rules too in the Ts and Cs..... Explains a lot about what you can and can't post... and what happens if you do or dont

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you do something controversial , you get flagged. If your post seems bright, you get a star. If you are a little weird you have a lot of Karma.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I looked around the board but I haven't been able to find out how some of these things are given out or obtained - or calculated. Is there a thread that explains this or a page?

flags and stars are awarded by your fellow posters when they like what you post.

applause is awarded by mods when they like something particularly well.

the trophy is sort of a measure of cumulative content. i'm not sure what formula drives it.

the lightning bolt is your karma, and the formula in the first linked thread seems pretty close: ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts

ta da

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Stars are if you lose a barfight. That's what you are seeing.

Flags. That's 911 calls.

Lightning bolt. Is the speed of the ambulance.

Trophy. What you get if you survive.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Now that Hawking has passed, the position of Chief Stat Tallyer at ATS should be coming open.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"What difference , at this point , does it make?" - Hillary Clinton

edit on 3/24/18 by Gothmog because: correction

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

If you get enough flags you get a special pillow at the FEMA camp. That's all I know.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Your star count is how many times you've starred a post. The more you have, the more you have sucked up to someone. Some people have MILLIONS of 'em.

You accrue flags every 48 hours. You can either plant them to grow 3 bumper stickers and one clean flag pole, or use them in the furnace to cook raw ducks. They're a good source of flammable stuff, but you need 4 flags for every duck. Ducks are good for avoiding reading you posts the next day, after you've been drinking. I used all my ducks, and have to wait for one to respawn.

Lightening is zeus's was of warning you for not reading a post properly. The more you have, the closer you are to ragnarok and an inevitable slow death by shame.

The rest are randomly generated by algorithms based on how long you stare at a post trying to understand it.

Oh did you notice? One just went up by 4 points.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

flags and stars are awarded by your fellow posters when they like what you post.

applause is awarded by mods when they like something particularly well.

the trophy is sort of a measure of cumulative content. i'm not sure what formula drives it.

the lightning bolt is your karma, and the formula in the first linked thread seems pretty close: ((stars * 15) + (flags + applause) * 10)) / posts

ta da

Very helpful. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join