It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think the Western world is still worth fighting for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

There seems to be way too many factions now thanks to non-stop corruption, old faction lives, new factions rise whom can be even more evil. Every time we get a little advance the one random faction internally always use it against us. Why bother with it when you don't belong to a certain group and they threaten to kill you when you don't help them?

We have so many different political parties all thanks to so called democracy which is like a soap opera/game of thrones. Different gangs, mafias, corrupt people who take your inventions for granted just to be on top of you and set you poor. Even police department or gov agency is separated into different factions by name and idea. Religious groups aren't even united either. Different Christians, Muslims, etc. How would you know who is evil or not in the name of Jesus? I mean look at ISIS/KKK as an example.

Don't forget different companies trying to survive in a monopoly of money from being bought out by the big guys. Just like Google bought out Nest. I always hate using Google Chrome, it uses too much CPU compare to Firefox.

Lets say you bring out some sort new alien technology, do you think everyone will just gang up on you and try to take it for granted leading to war just like the oilfield of Iraq? That is probably why aliens don't wanna come down and live with us.

So who would you fight for/with in the western world?
You really can't say the country anymore because it is divided into too many factions. Would you create your own and try to survive when SHTF like the medieval age?
edit on 24-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I think good ideas are worth fighting for, and the western world has learned a lot of ways to increase humanities standards of living.

When I hear “western world”, I think “ with all its good and bad.”

Well I don’t think the bad parts of western society are worth fighting for, but the good parts absolutely are.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Secular academia is worth fighting for. Leaving aside the dogma of the anti-intellectual crowd, human knowledge has been served well by the western world. Philosophy, religious studies, literature, art, science, math. Incredible stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Would you rather live under Sharia Law or obtain your Social Score in China? How about raise your daughters under Taliban rule? Or wash your clothes by hand in the sewage infested Ganges River? You have lots of alternatives to Western Civilization available to you. Just take advantage of whichever you prefer.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If we exclude the rogue anglo-american axis from the western world, then yes!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH(inhale)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Really, IMHO, the only piece of Western Civilization that is worth preserving is Italy. The rest of it is pretty much dross. I cant think of any place in the Western hemisphere worth preserving except maybe Montreal.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Question - Does anyone think the Western world is still worth fighting for?
Answer - Yes
Why? - Get off your arse and travel the world. For all it's flaws, you would not want to live in any of the other crappy alternatives.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

There is good. Nothing worth being stubborn over.

Tell me whats unique about it that makes it unrepeatable or even truly "new".

If the whole world died except for china:
China could theoretically repopulate the whole world and continue right where we left off.

Whats the purpose of the west? It became a totalitarian banana republic as a whole.

Our tech? We hire international talent.....see about our tech when the toilet paper money we use is worthless.
edit on 3 24 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You f@$ks don't know how good we have it. I'll fight for it. While you all sit on the sidelines complaining things are never good enough. Stay on the sidelines and remain insignificant leeches. Go put some daisies in your hair, insert your baby di#ks into some Chinese made panties and play patty cake with the rest of the dreamers. And stay out of my way. You can thank me by leaving an American flag on my grave.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Wow, lets argue.

No. You get out of our way. I am supposed to be content with running water and food?

Screw that and you guys. Thats been around since Carthage.

We do want more, you keep taking more and asking for more the next time you even look our way. Promises are lies with you guys and whats taken is never justified by what is offered in return.

Leave us alone and stop telling us what to do with increasing frequency.

Soon our descendants will be building luxurious tombs for yours in exchange for running water and food while our infrastructure continues to crumble.

S a D

edit on 3 24 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It is not just politics, deceit is common in this society, people cannot even comprehend they could be deceiving others or passing on information that is not correct. We live in a country that is ruled by deception. Ask yourself, is what you are doing for a living actually necessary? Is the path our society is on going in the right direction? Is our economy and Wall Street built on something that is real or is it all a big scam built on deception?

I haven't a clue how to fix this society. All the deceit is wound together like an extension cord is when you are trying to untangle it. Cutting the cord and splicing it together only makes things ugly and unsafe.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You wanna see a mess of different factions, check out the political landscape between 1910 and 1940 in the US. you had communists, nazis, capitalists, etc all with big official partys. Today we are just thin skinned and hyper partisan

The west is the best.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Apparently to some such as Germany , France, etc . not so much
Britian's Brexit may be a move back to sanity
Canada ? Not a chance.
Yet , no matter how hard the Progressive Liberals try to install foreign nonsense ,folks in the US still say yes.
Question answered.
Done
Next

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Question - Does anyone think the Western world is still worth fighting for?
Answer - Yes
Why? - Get off your arse and travel the world. For all it's flaws, you would not want to live in any of the other crappy alternatives.

Actually, if you truly do travel the world, you will find many, many places you would enjoy spending your life in.
To name a handful:
Norway, Japan, Hungary, New Zealand, Scotland (for now), Taiwan, Netherlands, etc

What America has is a diverse landscape. deserts, snowy mountains, tropics, etc. So its convenient for a multitude of different landscapes and features...but nothing China doesn't have, so its not like special or anything...just new and with a decent form of government

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Western world is all we have so YES it is worth fighting for in my opinion. What is the alternative? Some third world crap hole country or Communism? The Western world was just fine before countries tried to destroy it through immigration from incompatible areas of the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Content with running water and food? Do you live in America? Or a third world country? Asking so I can answer you correctly. Looks like you. I'm not getting in your way. Quite the opposite. That's beauty of western civilization. Do what you want, and let me do the same. The sky is the limit if you so choose to try. Yes, I'll fight for that idea. For you, for anyone who believes it's a human right to have that option. If all you have going for you is running water and food then you didn't try hard enough, it's your own damn fault. But the opportunities were there, you just didn't take advantage. And now it sounds you've lost faith due to your lack of drive. Sure, it's not perect, nothing is or ever will be, but not fighting for it because you didn't get all you wanted due to your own shortcomings is pathetic. What do you want btw?
edit on 24-3-2018 by Starhooker because: These damn sausage fingers

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Is that your one diagnosis and view on the world?

In all fairness I was just offering a counter argument.

Im all for not getting in peoples way. I am content with what I deserve since I get that much.

Your take on things may be a little off. I am just going off what you have offered here.

Who knows /cares.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Yeah, my takes often are. Thats one of many takes, but for this topic yes. I think i took your position as more of a statement, as in you didn't think it is worth fighting for, rather than a postulation. Living where I do, people often say how disheartened they are with the way things are and discount what it took to get here. They have it so good but talk so bad about the reasons they do have it good. My bad. One of those days. I see a lot of unappreciative people around here (my city). But someone has to fight to keep it going. I'm shutting up now
edit on 25-3-2018 by Starhooker because: None

top topics

join