It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter Congratulates ‘President Schumer’ on Spending Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, I'm with Ann on this one. Trump's got no balls by not vetoing the Omnibus spending bill. Many of Trump's supporters, including myself, are disappointed. The $1.3 trillion Omnibus spending bill is over 2200 pages long and like Ben Shapiro stated, is a "crap sandwich." Did any "RINO" even bother reading it? Trump claimed he was "forced" to sign it, because he didn't want to hurt the military and he wanted to prevent a government shutdown. Trump said the bill would strengthen national security, because it would increase funding for our military. But what about Trump's credibility? What about his allegiance to the voters who put him in office? I was excited, at first, to learn he was going to veto this bill...then he flips and gives the Democrats everything they wanted, in addition to adding to the $20 trillion national debt.

Ann Coulter congratulated Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) after President Trump signed off on the Republicans’ omnibus spending bill that does not include a single provision from his 70-point list of pro-American immigration reforms.

www.breitbart.com...

Instead of the $25 billion, that Trump wanted for the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, he got @$640 million for about 33 miles of new border "fencing" and nearly $1.3 billion for border-security technology...whoopie doo. Senator Schumer was all smiles on getting $500 million for the $30 billion "Gateway Tunnel" project, which Trump was against.

This bill also provides $500 million in taxpayer funding each year for Planned Parenthood. It increases the use for the Catch and Release program (a program that Trump wanted to end), which will allow more illegal aliens to be released into the United States after they are caught crossing the southern border. The Omnibus Bill also blocks penalties for ‘Sanctuary Cities.'

There is “nothing in the omnibus bill to stop funding for the sanctuary cities,” said a source. “It will just be a continuation of the status quo” because Democrats threatened to torpedo the funding bill if it included new rules allowing administration officials to block federal funding to the cities which shield illegals from deportation, the source said.

Sanctuary cities are very unpopular with voters, and few GOP legislators are politically threatened by curbs on sanctuary cities, yet the GOP leadership refuses to make them a November election issue, she said.

www.breitbart.com...

Trump also stated that he would veto the Omnibus Bill, because it lacked a legislative fix for illegal immigrants in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. This "crap sandwich" of a bill won't include funding for a border wall, BUT does include a whole lot of WASTEFUL spending! Check out some these "doozies" that senator Rand Paul found:

Reading about the ever wasteful $6 billion National Science Foundation.

Remember the $350,000 NSF spent asking if japanese quail are more sexually promiscuous on coc aine?

$961 million to destroy our chemical weapons. Who was it, exactly, who convinced our government to pay billions to develop weapons we now find deplorable?

CIA retirement funding. Wouldn’t it be great to amend out the retirement benefits of Trump hater John Brennan and Congressional dissembler James Clapper?

$1m for the Cultural Antiquities Task Force o $6.25m for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation o $20m for Countering Foreign State Propaganda o $12m for Countering State Disinformation and Pressure

$1m for the World Meteorological Organization, $218m for Promoting Democracy Development in Europe (yep..the birthplace of democracy needs promoting), $25m for International Religious Freedom, $10m for disadvantaged Egyptian Students, $12m for Scholarships for Lebanon, $20m for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program, $12m in military funding for Vietnam, $3.5m in nutrition assistance to Laos, $15m in Developmental assistance to China, $10m for Women LEOs in Afghanistan

twitter.com...

So much for Trump "draining the swamp." The Democrats are gloating, because they see this as a huge victory, since Republicans control both houses of Congress and the White House.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) declared victory on the omnibus spending bill Thursday, saying, “We’re able to accomplish more in the minority.” Schumer said, “It’s a funny thing. In a certain sense, we’re able to accomplish more in the minority than we were when we had the presidency or even were in the majority.” The Senate Minority Leader continued, “At the end of the day, as the minority party, we feel good about being able to succeed in so many ways. We don’t have the House, we don’t have the Senate, we don’t have the presidency, but we produced a darn good bill for the priorities we have believed in.”

www.breitbart.com...

“I say to Congress, I will never sign another bill like this again,” he said. “I'm not going to do it again. Nobody read it. It’s only hours old. Some people don't even know what’s in it.”

thehill.com...

Then why sign it, after threatening to veto it, Mr. President?

Instead, Republicans are poised to pass an omnibus bill that, with the exception of the defense spending, is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Trump royally eff'd up with this one. No doubt about it.
He better have some plan to recover or November is going to be a walkover for Dems. Trump supporters will stay at home.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Ann is just so vicious.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
$*#%!!!!!!!!

Its 2008 all over again.

Rand is going to build a platform around the disenfranchised moderates of this nation.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
He better have some plan to recover or November is going to be a walkover for Dems. Trump supporters will stay at home.

They might not stay home.

They might not vote for the incumbent repubs either.

link   
I agree. This is a huge win for the democrats. I can't stand to see those grins on Pelosi and Schumer. Oh well, I'm curious how this all pans out before the November midterms.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
$*#%!!!!!!!!

Its 2008 all over again.

Rand is going to build a platform around the disenfranchised moderates of this nation.

Rand doesn't have the mojo for anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Well....the primaries are over. Dem majority could equal impeachment.

And that isnt so bad if this is what hes gonna do.
edit on 3/24/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I agree. This is a huge win for the democrats. I can't stand to see those grins on Pelosi and Schumer. Oh well, I'm curious how this all pans out before the November midterms.

Yeah, they spend your money, want to do it again next year?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I think he gave them the rope.

Impeachment won't happen.

Not enough votes.

edit on 3 24 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I know we have internet trolls??

Is it time to start giving these people the title of political news troll??
Shes a troll!!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Not enough votes.

There could well be in November.
Here's the problem - even if Republicans got really motivated for November, there are are at least 10 GOP Senators that will block Trump (at least). I can't see Republicans ever getting close to 70 or so Senate seats. I actually think they may go in the other direction and lose the majority

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of my Dad.

He knew we were gonna do something stupid and when it went south for us, he'd ask, "you gonna do that again?"

"No"

"Good!, Remember that!"

So get out and vote, or vote them out.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Damn. No dinner, no kiss, just straight to it. Hope you all stocked up, 'cause we just got screwed.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

2016-

Trump and his minions : we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it.

Me: mentalists, there will be no wall, maybe a virtual wall.

2017-

Trump and his minions : we're going to build a wall and indirectly make Mexico pay for it.

me: mentalists, there's not going to be a wall, maybe a fence with strategic checkpoints in high activity areas along the border.

2018-

Trump and the minions : we're going to build a wall and force congress to include it in the spending bill.

me: sure...

2019:

Trump and the minions : so what the border, or fences were never completely put up and the stronghold checkpoints are pointless and illegals are still getting in...

me: we all lost...

Ron Paul 2020

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Can't afford the name brand stuff

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Not enough votes.

There could well be in November.
Here's the problem - even if Republicans got really motivated for November, there are are at least 10 GOP Senators that will block Trump (at least). I can't see Republicans ever getting close to 70 or so Senate seats. I actually think they may go in the other direction and lose the majority

I don't think that will happen.

The dems are not the Pats.

They have more baggage than Steven Paddock.

Trump is pushing to get rid of the filibuster, the dems did it.

Lets get rid of the chicken #s and have some solid people for once.

Not the sheep like the Dems have tho.

"Ok Mistress Chuck! whatever you say!"

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: DAVID64

Can't afford the name brand stuff

Bacon grease.

Smells better.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Me: I'm retired. Time to think about moving to Belize.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join