It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Mattis Move to Ban Most Transgendered People From Military Service.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Outlier13

Well, as far as combat goes, I guess that would require special attention and something to ease into but for everything else it shouldn't matter.

A woman is going to have issues carrying an injured man off the battlefield. However, you can have entire ships of women, and in the Air Force it doesn't matter. So really, if you can create battlefield logistics such that rather than mixed units you have gender segregated units where women reinforce women and men reinforce men, it shouldn't matter too much. And in the process it doubles our fighting force.

Given how good the US military is at logistics I believe this is 100% within the realm of possibility.

I'm guessing you have zero combat experience. One guy very rarely would ever be in a situation of carrying someone off the battlefield by themselves unless they are somewhat mobile all ready. Reality is you call for medics they bring a stretcher and move you. If not under fire 2 people if you need to grab and run 4 people. In combat you are not going to sling someone over your shoulder and carry them period. As part of training you do not attempt to move injured without help from medics.

I have seen women man a stretcher carrying off guys happened a lot because in the gulf there were women crews on helos. Having an all female combat brigade would be bad and detrimental to their safety. They wouldn't have combat support from saw gunners for example who easily carry 200 pounds of equipment. The other problem is women do not score as high as men in marksmanship. Meaning they would have a lot of people who were only average. But would be missing that 10 percent who ranked exceptional.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join