It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Mattis Move to Ban Most Transgendered People From Military Service.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

totally irrelevant, nothing to do with the discussion or topic, off the wall comment that has nothing (obviously) to do with the conversation, although I think I have an idea of what your clever spin is going to be

It shouldn't be relevant, but I just thought I'd add seeing as you were so quick to dissmis and laugh at anything that didn't fit your narrative.

Honestly my comments in this thread have been relatively neutral.

My point was this is a polished new version of don't ask don't tell. They don't want to actively acknowledge or assist in those in transition.

I wasn't in the military, we've covered that. Is there a possibility that since everyone who's in it is human, maybe they all have something they're hiding.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
my opinion isnt really worth much here but ill leave my .02 anyway. im not touching the psychological issues here.

if its going to cost the government more money than why would they or we want that? our tax money pays for it. its bad enough we dont help our guys coming home with problems from the battlefield. we need to successfully address 1 issue at a time. this is not something that needs to be addressed right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Swills

couldn't care any less weather you believe me and my point of view has nothing to do with hate

I know you're suppose to spin it that way because everyone that doesn't agree with you is full of hate and is the enemy who must be destroyed at all cost, even if that means committing treason and trying to overthrow a properly elected president. We need to save the world from these people.

Maybe even put them in camps.

Ya we get it. Keep the brain washing going, it's actually pretty clever.

Save the world from whom? Put who into camps? Whose committing treason and overthrowing Trump? And you're gonna sit there and claim you don't hate anyone AND that I'm the one spinning something? Unbelievable.

And I don't believe at all that you ever served in the military because I've never met anyone who did who was afraid to talk about what branch they served and what job they did. Even those who were dishonorably discharged will openly talk about their service. So for you to start off by saying "for those of us who served" implying your false service carries any weight at all on this topic.

You're a fraud.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Since when does a 5.56 nato, when from the rifle of a transgender, kill less efficiently than that of a 5.56 nato fired from a straight mans rifle?

# gender when it comes to killing our enemies.

I want the most deadly, most unforgiving, most patriotic Americans manning the best weapons our military has to offer.

Sorry ISIS... if you greet your 72 virgins whom are all male by a transgender, American soldier, who can meet and or exceed the physical requirements of current military personnel... screw you. And enjoy your personal hell.

Allah likes soap droppers in those Middle East gulags.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Hyperbole.

Clearly the military doesn't cater to physically disabled people like the private sector does. Although, what's short legged? Is that a little person?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: badw0lf

Hyperbole.

Clearly the military doesn't cater to physically disabled people like the private sector does. Although, what's short legged? Is that a little person?

If one leg is shorter than the other two?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: detachment3

What's going to cost tax payers money? Are you talking a gender operation or something?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe? I don't even know if that would disqualify anyone. I mean, maybe if one leg was really, really short to the point you can't run?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I guess them getting up a ladder on a sinking naval warships means more the the twenty abled men behind them who could’ve made it up the ladder in case of a sinking ship.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I am pretty sure there are a multitude of reasons you can't be in the military. Fairness isn't a thing when you are trying to win a war and keep your ass alive.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I served and I don't care if a transgender person wants to serve for their country. Scratch that, I do care, anyone should be able to serve no matter what.

Disregarding all the serial killers, blind/deaf/mute, diabetics and all the other people you didn't think of in your broad-sweep of "compassion"...

I was denied because I wear/wore glasses and needed braces.

The military is a volunteer organization. While anyone should have the right to apply, the military should have the right to deny enlistment for any reason whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This stuff was 'fun' the last time they "banned" it. Now its just a tedious bore.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Hey. You're right. Only 7 out of 10 young men/women QUALIFY for military service.

Source: time.com...

When the recruiter told my oldest son that, I thought he was just trying to demonstrate how prestigious the military was. I was wrong.

But I think almost all men/women who are at least age 18 can buy a gun. Maybe the two should be connected? Can't qualify for the Army...No gun for you!

edit on 3/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think they should be able to serve but treated as the gender of their birth. Shaved head and the requirements of a male if born male. No hormones and no stupid pronouns enforcement.

That's my problem with it really slippery slope when the military should be focused on being an effective fighting force not dumb social issues.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I know I'm just pointing out some logical failures of people who think the military is a place where we should be implementing politically motivated social changes

cluueeelleeesssssssss

the military is a place that should be and used to promote toxic masculinity to prepare men for war where many of them face certain death and disfigurement not a place for people to feel good

The military in the US has been ahead of the times with some social issues in the past. Not really unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Abolish the military.... what the hell does anyone benefit.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I think they should be able to serve but treated as the gender of their birth. Shaved head and the requirements of a male if born male. No hormones and no stupid pronouns enforcement.

That's my problem with it really slippery slope when the military should be focused on being an effective fighting force not dumb social issues.

That won't work. If you were born a girl...sent to a women's boot camp, and got in the shower with penis, you will either be shunned, or lusted over.
edit on 3/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I served and I don't care if a transgender person wants to serve for their country. Scratch that, I do care, anyone should be able to serve no matter what.

Such a typical emotion driven, unthoughtful response devoid completely of critical thought. So based on your logic of "no matter what" we should therefor allow anyone to serve simply because they want to regardless if:

- they are physically unfit to serve
- have a history of mental illness
- did not graduate from high school or have a GED
- are underage
- have physical disabilities that prevent them from performing basic tasks
- are illegally in the US
- claim allegiance to another country other than the US
- etc..

My examples are extreme and are intended to be. Most people (and I will give you the benefit of the doubt) would agree than anyone possessing any of the above attributes should not be allowed to serve.

My point is you should choose your words more carefully and pose a valid argument as to why you think transgender should be allowed to serve. Not just, "because you say so". That is not an argument.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What latrine will they demand to use, I wonder?

They would use the one they are told to use just like every other member of the military.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Maybe? I don't even know if that would disqualify anyone. I mean, maybe if one leg was really, really short to the point you can't run?

What branch of the service did you serve and what was your MOS?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join