It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Driver Crashes Rental McLaren 650S on Wet Road, Blames Summer Tires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Anyone who lives in Seattle or comes to visit will not fall in love with our wretched traffic or our many very stupid drivers. Some should not even be allowed near anything with wheels, for example, this nitwit who crashed his rented $265000 McLaren 650S:

TheDrive SOURCE

Trooper Rick Johnson of the Washington State Patrol tweeted out a picture of the smashed 650S, which came to rest on the side of Interstate 5 in downtown Seattle at around 1:30 a.m. on Thursday after the driver lost control in a tunnel and spun out. While these sorts of late-night supercar crashes generally involve some form of impairment, Trooper Johnson wrote that this was simply a case of an inexperienced driver going too fast for the wet conditions.

And with a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine sending 641 horses to the rear wheels, there's no denying that the McLaren 650s can be a handful. But the driver, who reportedly rented the car for four hours earlier that night, has a different theory.According to KOMO News, he told police that he wasn't speeding and instead blamed the car's summer tires for letting go in the rain.

BEFORE

AFTER

There have been a couple of other luxury sports car rentals that have been crashed in recent years around my neck of the woods, including this Lamborghini

and this Lamborghini

Chances are that the drivers took out hefty insurance on their rentals and probably can afford any fines or penalties if they can fork out the bread for these kinds of vehicles. Fortunately, I guess, nobody was seriously hurt in these crashes except for the poor defenseless supercars!
edit on 3232018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That color on the McLaren should be a crime.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's no joke! Which color will you choose when you get yours? I like this one, matches the sky here in Seattle:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Thank God there weren't any Ferraris or Koenigseggs...

As a huge fan of supercars and sportscars like these, I cringe looking at those pics... I can't imagine even being able to afford something like that, nonetheless crash one

edit on 23-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

My wife and I used to go to brunch at the Salish from time to time years ago and I was always stunned at the money parked in the valet lot. One Easter we saw 3 Lambos, a Spyder, a Lotus, and a Rolls all in a line. I figured it was somewhere near $3 Million just sitting waiting for their owners to finish brunch and shuttle back to Mercer Island.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As an owner of a 420+ whp front wheel drive turbo car that wears Michelin Pilot Super Sports ( an Ultra High Performance Summer Tire ) at all times, I call BS on the driver's story. Tires that they put on supercars typically are top notch, and perform awesome in the rain. If it was 40 degrees or less, I would have less trouble believing that. I drove my car on the Tail of the Dragon in wet conditions last summer with no problems.

The best part is, the telemetry onboard the McLaren will tell the truth. McLarens are also considered one of the easiest supercars to drive. They have all kinds of electronic nannies.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Damn straight.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the idiot that drove a perfectly good veyron into a lake. I believe he was in texas.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Thanks for that, I had not heard of it!
WARNING: PROFANITY USED IN FOLLOWING VIDEO

top topics

join