It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend Over And Smile America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: UKTruth

Schumer was gloating afterwards.

Trumps a punk ass. We all got to see it.

Yesterday that is exactly what he was. I am very much on the side of what he said he wants to achieve and indeed what he has achieved to date, but yesterday? No, can't put a gloss on that.

All of the crap about Russia and stormy and blah blah blah is just nonsense and irrelevant, but when he screws up what really matters - policy - he has to be called out.
edit on 24/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The only peaceful actions would be to back up the Supreme Court with appeals.

Peaceful actions you say? I think the time has long gone for that, isn’t it time for a revolution by any means necessary? TPTB have proved themselves to be the worst kind of scum imaginable. If Trump can’t drain the swamp surely the people can?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The only peaceful actions would be to back up the Supreme Court with appeals.

Peaceful actions you say? I think the time has long gone for that, isn’t it time for a revolution by any means necessary? TPTB have proved themselves to be the worst kind of scum imaginable. If Trump can’t drain the swamp surely the people can?

How can "the people" drain the swamp when the proverbial swamp is filled with "the people"? Lawyers & their legal aides are also "the people". Lobbyists & their staffs are also "the people". Interns, secretaries, and other staff members for politicians are also "the people". Workers at defense contractors & their suppliers are also "the people". The same goes for mid-level and lower level bankers and basic staff in those banks; people who work at non-profits, political action committees, NGOs, government departments and agencies, etc.

The point I'm making is that the entire "pool" of potential employees in this country is filled with good and bad people. Some willingly lie on their taxes, abuse power at home or in non-government jobs, intentionally purchase illegal products & services, act petty & hold grudges at work, let their personal biases get in the way of company policy, etc. Why would we expect people who do corrupt stuff in their daily lives to suddenly become ethical and selfless once they get promoted to high level corporate position or appointed to a high level government job?

In fact, how would we even test for that? "Corruption" doesn't have a specific appearance, hence why so many people get ripped off by "professional" looking conmen & hustlers. So even if there was an uprising that got rid of whatever it is that people here consider to be the "deep state", "powers that be", or whatever, it wouldn't change anything if the people replacing them were just as corrupt. Trade one liar in office for a political neophyte who's also a liar & you're still stuck with a liar making decisions that affect the general public.
edit on 24-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Schumer was gloating afterwards.

Trumps a punk ass. We all got to see it.

Right right, an if the VETO was overridden, what then?

Is it safe to say that he WAS going to VETO, but saw even that waan't going to be enough?

Both sides got a lot and both sides got called out for BS.

Its a two way street and I believe all this negativity finally caught up and look, Supporters jumped ship the moment something they don't agree with. Its BS and you know it, considering how Washington has been this whole TIME WITHOUT TRUMP.

To me, its the experience that continues to teach Trump hard lessons on Government, you'll always stumble, but don't fall. You can even see it in Trump when said, I'll never sign a bill lile this again and with the backlash, you can bet your ass that he'll approach it with a hardline fist.

I woke up today convinced Trump has had enough, gave the politicians what they wanted, F# it, you happy? GOOD NOW YOU'LL WORK WITH ME OR I WON'T SIGN CRAP.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I know what you’re saying, my previous comment was made in off the cuff anger to be honest. But there is a certain level of corruption that goes far beyond conmen and the like. It seems on one level materialism and sheer greed is a major issue in society’s in general but on another level it goes beyond that, where complete sociopaths are somehow running everything. With no fear of reprisals what so ever, they consider themselves untouchable.

We aren’t sheep being herded by wolves, we are all humans and it’s time we demand what is rightfully ours. Aka justice, freedom and liberty. If we stand by and do nothing we will continue to be royally shafted. Those rights and liberties our previous generations fought for should never be taken away with out fighting again.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
...but NO FLAG for turncoats.

How can you be a turncoat when that nutless wonder Dick l'Orange just did what he said he wouldn't do?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

After the crap today its looking good for Rand in 2020

I'm onboard for this. Someone with some fiscal principles needs to step in and take charge because the ones in charge now obviously don't have any.

edit on 24-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...but NO FLAG for turncoats.

How can you be a turncoat when that nutless wonder Dick l'Orange just did what he said he wouldn't do?
Cool, burn him at the stake and give Washington a free pass 🤔🤨😒😒😒

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Who's giving anyone a pass? Toolio Tool Breeze is just as responsible as both parties. He could have stopped this but chose to sign it instead which means he's not interested in doing what he says. Drain the swamp my ass.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Trump will return from Mar a Largo on Monday and resume his duties as POTUS. He will make more promises and declarations and the true cult believers will go back to singing trumps praises like nothing ever happened.

It's a cult of personality and political promises, honor and character, doesn't even matter....MAGA

edit on 24-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm onboard for this. Someone with some fiscal principles needs to step in and take charge because the ones in charge now obviously don't have any.

Rand Paul? Are you kidding? Typical politician who only knows how to snipe from the sidelines.

How about someone who has no ties to Washington at all?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wasn't that supposed to be Trump? Isn't that what he campaigned on? How'd that work out?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Wasn't that supposed to be Trump? Isn't that what he campaigned on? How'd that work out?

...yep, and he has to recover from yesterday's debacle if he wants to continue to be the right man in 2020. If not, then another from outside the cesspool of Washington. It might take a while, but career politicians should be chased out of town.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

...yep, and he has to recover from yesterday's debacle if he wants to continue to be the right man in 2020. If not, then another from outside the cesspool of Washington. It might take a while, but career politicians should be chased out of town.

Then do it...but no matter who is in office the neocons will pull the strings. Just like they did with Cadet Bonespurs, to do their bidding. The real power doesn't need to swagger and puff themselves up like Trump. Trump is on the golf course with them now saying..."what's next boss" War...ok, you got it"

I think I mentioned this even before the election...now the chickens have come home to roost and Cult45 has no clue as to who the Chickens are.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Then do it...but no matter who is in office the neocons will pull the strings. Just like they did with Cadet Bonespurs, to do their bidding. The real power doesn't need to swagger and puff themselves up like Trump. Trump is on the golf course with them now saying..."what's next boss" War...ok, you got it"

I think I mentioned this even before the election...now the chickens have come home to roost and Cult45 has no clue as to who the Chickens are.

Oh come now, don't try and pretend to be a prognosticator. You made a series of bets that Trump would drop out of the race just before the election

Trump just blotted his copybook... the omnibus bill is a dog turd, but more than that he got played and had his ass handed to him.
We'll see what happens next.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Who's giving anyone a pass? Toolio Tool Breeze is just as responsible as both parties. He could have stopped this but chose to sign it instead which means he's not interested in doing what he says. Drain the swamp my ass.
Uhh, you, me and everyone. The swamp EXIST, does it not?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I think the only difference is that the small time conmen gain access to more power as they get govt promotions/appointments. And that extra power simply gives them more opportunities to do corrupt stuff. I don't think the people in DC are any more inherently evil than the people in any other city.

but on another level it goes beyond that, where complete sociopaths are somehow running everything.

You don't think local and state governments are immune to this, do you? Or even local businesses and factories?

There are businessmen and businesswomen in every single city on the planet that screw over their employees, screw over their clients, have affairs on the job, and commit crimes like bribery, fraud, theft, embezzlement, threats, etc. And there are people in every single city who are pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, spousal abusers, bigots, and otherwise violent criminals.

Give any of those people authority over the public and you'll see the same corruption we currently see in DC and other national capitals.

We aren’t sheep being herded by wolves, we are all humans and it’s time we demand what is rightfully ours. Aka justice, freedom and liberty. If we stand by and do nothing we will continue to be royally shafted.

But people clearly don't want justice, freedom, or liberty. Or to be blunt: people don't really want others to have justice, freedom, or liberty that doesn't fit their own guidelines. Everyone has a different idea of what "freedoms" should be guaranteed or banned, such as the freedom to harm anyone we choose or the freedom to consume any substance we choose.

And justice? Ha! My "justice" would include things like the same or greater reparations for Native Americans and the ancestors of American slavery that the WW2 Japanese internment camp victims received (HERE). But how many of "the people" are willingly to fight for my sense of justice?

The point I'm making is that it's the citizens ourselves who make and enable this mess. There isn't any single set of guidelines that everyone can agree on. We can't even get people to agree on simple things like whether or not all adult citizens should be able to vote or whether we should help feed poor citizens. So how can you expect us to fight together against the same corruption that we eagerly vote for and/or engage in on a daily basis?

It seems like you're assuming that the stereotypical "little guy" won't become a corrupt douchebag if given the power of a Senator.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh come now, don't try and pretend to be a prognosticator. You made a series of bets that Trump would drop out of the race just before the election Trump just blotted his copybook

I admitted that mistake. I gave the GOP more credit than they deserved. You're right..."We'll see what happens next"

Glad I don't have kids....

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I disagree, you make it sound like anyone given power or authority will automatically become corrupt. Like the majority in society are out to do others over, where as I think it’s the minority. There are people who act selflessly across the spectrum, that do things solely for the benefit of others. Most of us have morals, ethics and standards in fact. There are even people in positions of power that try their best to benefit those they represent, though they are probably few and far between.

The stereotypical “little guy” won’t become a senator because they aren’t power obsessed control freaks. The majority of us don’t eagerly vote for and engage in corruption on a daily basis as you have it. Rather we get hoodwinked by those that do.

We should implement a system that does away with career politicians altogether. One where politicians and the congress or parliament is replaced with a Jury. Where randomly selected citizens pass or disprove new laws and legislation when presented with the arguments for and against. We could still have civil servants and a The like but they would have no power to do anything unless approved by this Jury as I suggest.

It might not be perfect but it would do away self serving revolving door politicians. If it’s the best we’ve got for our justice system why not implement it for our government?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well at least I get to vote against McCaskill. Have despised her ever since her "mom voice" thing, so that's something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join