It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend Over And Smile America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsukoThe sovereign is free to do whatever is in his power to impose order and we have been programed to just except it.... lol
not the true definition but it made since to me for my definition...its friday

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

American voters have a bad case of stockholm syndrome

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Then say what you mean without making using terms that have nothing to do with what you mean.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Look, I don't regret voting for Trump over that bloated cow Hillary.

Not one bit.

Hell, Trump even got taxes lowered and ended the Obamacare mandate.

But I will never be timid when I see douchebag behavior in the people elected to be our representatives.

Republican and democrat congressmen suck.

Trump ####ed up bigly.

Question: The Gov. would have been shut down if it was veto'd, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes.

Trump could have done a continued resolution, and done it right.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

Funding for the wall wasn't even put in the bill.
DACA wasn't even put in the bill.
Rescinding the congressional hush fund, not even in the bill.

There was so much pork in the bill that muslims left Washington!

The House majority party writes the check, the president only signs it.

Trump should have never had signed it.

I agree, he never should have signed it and let the govt shut down until they came up with what he promised and what the people voted him in for.

$9 bil for WALLS for other counties in the mid east?

$10 mil for lady cops in Afghanistan?

Money for China?

Ryan and McConnell should be hung.

I can't see how a line item veto is unconstitutional?

Schumer got his tunnel.

We got a fence?!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

After the crap today its looking good for Rand in 2020

He's got my vote.

Like I said, I'm done with Trump. I was willing to look past personal indiscretions and other little things like that which are irrelevant to the job.

Now it's relevant to the job.

It also adds another nail for me. I wanted to see a god damned BUDGET. Still don't have one. Damned near a decade going from omnibus spending bills to omnibus spending bills.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
At least one positive thing, Trump has maintained the GOP family values doctrine and the trade war with China should all make us happy, right?

And I know we are all looking forward to Trumps military parade!
edit on 23-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
At least one positive thing, Trump has maintained the GOP family values doctrine and the trade war with China should all make us happy, right?

And I know we are all looking forward to Trumps military parade!

Sure, we try to live up to the bar the Kennedys set.

It's hard when congress has a secret hush fund.

Trade war? Do any of you know what it means for reals?

Maybe not an all out trade war but a lot of killing, I guarantee, a lot of killing!

Nothing wrong with showing off once in a while.

I'd like to see what they roll out.

A good ol flag waving parade, for all ages.

Not an assless leather chap on a flowered float in sight!

edit on 3 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 23 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

After the crap today its looking good for Rand in 2020

He's got my vote.

Like I said, I'm done with Trump. I was willing to look past personal indiscretions and other little things like that which are irrelevant to the job.

Now it's relevant to the job.

It also adds another nail for me. I wanted to see a god damned BUDGET. Still don't have one. Damned near a decade going from omnibus spending bills to omnibus spending bills.

Better bail now.

Join the other side.

They might go easy on ya.

The budget is a function of congress, not the POTUS.

Trump has been there 2 yrs. The idiots job to write it, have been there forever.

I wish he was the dictator people accuse him of being.

Or is it all Putin's doing?

Putin is running the USA and the Dems LOVE IT!!

You CAN have it both ways!

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think after this, we can all agree: Trump has joined the establishment now. He's learned the game. Wonder what he gets for signing this piece of trash? Maybe the AG will go away. Maybe they'll leave his kids alone. You don't get somethin for nuthin in DC. Gamesmanship-maybe they're letting him be in on the game.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am hoping against hope that Trump knows what he's doing... but I don't think he does.

The Republicans in Congress own this. It's all theirs; the Senate vote was close to being able to override a veto. Trump doesn't own it, but Trump sure as heck didn't look like some master deal maker this time. He looks pretty damn impotent if you ask me. He's got a lot of 'splainin' to do come 2020.

That said, he still beat the alternative. Democrat pundits, please listen closely:
    I would vote for a mangy Russian bum named Satan DeVil living in a cardboard box under a bridge, who claims to be the Antichrist and clubs baby seals with a sharpened crowbar on the evening news before I would vote for the kind of monster you ran last time.

So, we get to fund crap all around the globe that no one here wants, we get to pay for a tunnel for Cryin' Chuck of Schumer Shutdown fame, we get to build walls in the Middle East, but we get to live with a measly fence on our southern border and sanctuary cities getting paid to protect lawbreakers. Nice. I want to know who from my state voted for this disaster, so I can vote for their own disaster.

That means you, Shelby. That means you, Jones. That means you, Brooks. And hey, Donald "Jack-o-lantern in Chief" Trump... get your act together or you're fired!

a reply to: MiddleInsite

Dems got everything they wanted.

And the DACA folks still got screwed. Not a word about legalizing them. I guess DACA legislation wasn't on anyone's wish list after all. We need to clean Congress from top to bottom, both parties.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I couldn't find where to sign up for the free bacon? I saw free bacon and that was the end of my reasoning ability, the article did not say how I could get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
We are supposed to have three equal and separate branches, and good ol' congress figured out a way to usurp that power separation.

No term limits.

What does that even mean? Congress didn't usurp anything. The "founding Fathers" themselves would be to blame for no congressional term limits because they didn't put them in the Constitution in the first place. True democracies and republics wouldn't have term limits for elected positions anyway, since that would artificially limit the choices for voters. The constitutional amendment that added term limits to the Presidency only came after FDR won his 4th presidential election.

Also, there is still a balance of power between the 3 branches of govt. The executive branch could've vetoed this bill but it chose not to. And the judicial branch could halt certain aspects of the bill if they're found to violate the Constitution (or even in the midst of any potential lawsuits regarding the bill). In other words, their powers to balance out the legislative branch haven't changed at all.

ETA: If anything, the legislative branch implemented term limits onto the presidency in order to weaken the executive branch. Or are we forgetting that neither the Supreme Court nor Congress have term limits?
edit on 24-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I have no interest in "joining the other side".

I can accept anyone with rough edges, but not half-assed effort, and then whining that he didn't like it.

Trump and everyone in Congress who voted for the omnibus spending bills(especially the latest one)are garbage.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I am hoping against hope that Trump knows what he's doing... but I don't think he does.

The Republicans in Congress own this. It's all theirs; the Senate vote was close to being able to override a veto. Trump doesn't own it, but Trump sure as heck didn't look like some master deal maker this time. He looks pretty damn impotent if you ask me. He's got a lot of 'splainin' to do come 2020.

That said, he still beat the alternative. Democrat pundits, please listen closely:
    I would vote for a mangy Russian bum named Satan DeVil living in a cardboard box under a bridge, who claims to be the Antichrist and clubs baby seals with a sharpened crowbar on the evening news before I would vote for the kind of monster you ran last time.

So, we get to fund crap all around the globe that no one here wants, we get to pay for a tunnel for Cryin' Chuck of Schumer Shutdown fame, we get to build walls in the Middle East, but we get to live with a measly fence on our southern border and sanctuary cities getting paid to protect lawbreakers. Nice. I want to know who from my state voted for this disaster, so I can vote for their own disaster.

That means you, Shelby. That means you, Jones. That means you, Brooks. And hey, Donald "Jack-o-lantern in Chief" Trump... get your act together or you're fired!

a reply to: MiddleInsite

Dems got everything they wanted.

And the DACA folks still got screwed. Not a word about legalizing them. I guess DACA legislation wasn't on anyone's wish list after all. We need to clean Congress from top to bottom, both parties.

TheRedneck

He can't fire them.

We can.

Get it?

As to who submitted some of that BS and voted for it, good luck finding out.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I have no interest in "joining the other side".

I can accept anyone with rough edges, but not half-assed effort, and then whining that he didn't like it.

Trump and everyone in Congress who voted for the omnibus spending bills(especially the latest one)are garbage.

Who ya gonna call?

It's called voting.

Trump is not a repub or dem.

He wants us to bring down both houses so Su yun Ki can take her rightful place or is it putin?

He's been calling out both sides since day 1.

What better way than signing this 2k page pile of BS?

He didn't write it. "here is what your leaders gave you"

DO SOMETHING about IT!

edit on 3 24 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Just for the record, Trump's a Republican and his administration has a crapload of fellow Republicans.

His VP Pence is a Republican and the former Governor of Indiana. His Sec of State Pompeo is a Republican and a former Congressman (House of Representatives). His Attorney General Sessions is a Republican and a former Senator. His Sec of the Interior Zinke is a Republican and a former federal Congressman (House of Representatives) and State Congressman. His Sec of Agriculture Perdue has been a Republican since 1998 and is a former Governor of Georgia. His Ambassador to the UN Haley is a Republicans and a former Governor of South Carolina. His Sec of Health and Human Services Price is a Republican and a former Congressman (House of Representatives).

And these are just some of the Republicans in his Cabinet who've actually been elected as Republicans. lol I could keep going with other Republicans like Bolton but the point here should be obvious: Trump is unquestionably a Republican and his staff is packed with Republicans. Pretending that he's an outsider or independent is laughable.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'll give you a star for your rant, but NO FLAG for turncoats.

I hear you, but it is difficult to give a pass to Trump on this one. I continue to laugh at the nonsense accusations and smears and the downplaying of the great first year the President had, however, Trump messed up here. He was very visibly shown to have little power to drive through his full agenda. To be honest, even with a super majority in the Senate, there are too many RINOs to ever break through. Is it already past the point of no return in terms of the corruption and backroom dealing in Washington - probably.

We must also ask the question as to why Trump rolled. Pelosi was publicly mocking him and telling him to sign. He signed. That is more or a worry that the bill itself, because it leads me to believe Trump is compromised in some way.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Schumer was gloating afterwards.

Trumps a punk ass. We all got to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join