It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Fischer warns 'NRA-inspired' firearms lobby targeting Australia's gun laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Don't be fooled though, country bumpkin Aussies do love their guns.

So you insult the gun owners? I can't take anything you say seriously.

Also, stay out of our gun laws and we will stay out of yours. We don't need people with your uninformed and obviously uneducated opinions involved in U.S. politics.

P.S. Americans don't care about Australian gun laws.

Why the heck would we?

Bravissimo

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The majority of gun crimes here in the US are committed by criminals. The active criminal element regularly uses illegal or untraceable guns to commit crimes. The same as anywhere, i assume. There are tens of millions of legal gun owners in the US. A staggering majority of them didn't break the law in any way worth their firearms.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorGadget13
The majority of gun crimes here in the US are committed by criminals.

I would go even further and say that 100% of "gun crimes" are "committed by criminals"... Kind of funny how it always works out like that, yeah?

Anyway... I was less interested in the actual gun policies in the US (or any where else) and more interested in the motivation behind these so called "gun lobbyist".

I just personally found it curious how the MSM and anti-gun lobbyist in the US seem to be on overdrive atm, petitioning for stricter gun laws... Then in Australia, at the very same time, their seems to be a well financed effort by pro-gun lobbyist to relax gun laws.

Maybe its just a simple case of the firearm industry hopping for the best, but expecting the worse... A pre-emptive option to regain lost profits, in a worse case scenario kind of situation.

Kind of like how the tobacco industry started heavily investing into promoting cigarettes to Asian countries, when Western country governments started implementing all those anti-smoking campaigns & policies.

Just thinking out loud, I suppose...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
The NRA is funded by its members and its sole purpose isn't to increase gun manufacturer profits, but to be an advocate for the second amendment rights and fire arm safety/education.

The NRA turned into just another special interest lobbying group and is more geared to promoting the interests of business than the individual which is why I stopped being a member years ago and instead joined a local gun club which has my interests at heart.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: WarPig1939
The NRA is funded by its members and its sole purpose isn't to increase gun manufacturer profits, but to be an advocate for the second amendment rights and fire arm safety/education.

The NRA turned into just another special interest lobbying group and is more geared to promoting the interests of business than the individual which is why I stopped being a member years ago and instead joined a local gun club which has my interests at heart.

Yes, the NRA has problems but they are effective. If not we would be disarmed sheep already.
edit on 24-3-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Yes, the NRA has problems but they are effective. If not we would be disarmed sheep already.

They are effective at making firearm manufactures wealthy, many of the challenges against gun laws come from local citizens, not this lobbying arm that redirects your dues to those companies.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Only criminals in Australia are allowed to own guns. That is the law. The people know crime is up since they took away everyone's guns, but there are less homicides involving guns cause criminals know that they do not have to get in a gun fight with the people they rob.

Meanwhile gun crime in Melbourne is rising significantly.
8 people have been killed in the last few months in shootings.

Of course because its criminals who are doing the shootings among them selves mostly (except the night club bounce who got killed in the drive by), the media and politicians, and certainly not the stupid pathetic left wing nation-hating bastards of this country stay silent and don't talk about how we have a gun problem.

If it was a white guy who killed a bunch of people, it would be all over the news for weeks, and we'd end up with less rights and even tighter restrictions on personal freedoms.

The funniest thing about this thread is the OP whose using the Eureka flag but is arguing in favor of taking away freedoms and liberties. This is the level of stupidity that has befallen our country these days.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

how? would you explain?
We are sure that NRA is the real and the main killer of 40000 Americans who are killed annually in gun violence across US, am I paying for it?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

We need more guns here then, perhaps a few school shootings would put us back in our place, you know teach us how more guns = less shootings.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

that is a good question, NRA never do such a thing, where ever this bloody anti-human organization can smuggle guns and get money, for sure it does it. NRA kills 40000 Americans every year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join