It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responsibility Deflected, the CLOUD Act Passes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah learn the difference between a civilian court system and foreign intelligence / intelligence agencies.

They are not the same.

The point you raised has nothing to do with this bill or my explanation.
edit on 25-3-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think we've handed these people enough power.

Look no further than how the Democrats used the intel and law enforcement agencies against a candidate and the people.(IRS targetting of Tea party groups)..

Power grabs and the erosion of our rights aren't any more palatable to me because the guy I voted for is doing it.

Since no one read this bill, and it was tacked onto a bill that no one read, any defense for it is a misnomer.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh, don't I know it.

I voted for people other than Theresa May and her army of sociopathic tyrants, so you can imagine just how utterly disgusted I am by my own governments members, given their absolutely shocking treatment of our laws, our rights, and indeed the outrageously callous way they have treated our citizens, some of whom have been deliberately starved and neglected to DEATH by way of maliciously targeted cuts to public services, or worse, burned alive in great number, purely because the government refused to correctly deal with its housing stock. No, they preferred to allow US companies and other international corporate structures, to dodge their taxes, to spend money on white elephants and lies, help fund and arm terrorist groups in association with the US and its international partners...

The difference is, that at no time have I ever thought or imagined that the Conservative government would ever do anything other than screw myself and my people, which is why I did not vote for them. However, some people seemed to think that Trump was an answer to a question worth answering, and to them I say a very fair, very timely and yes, somewhat smug "I bloody well told you so."

Now, you have yourself some options here. You could just get mad at me for being right, which a) you should be damned well used to by now, and b) will avail you of absolutely no benefit whatsoever, OR you could get mad at the people and structures which are preventing your country from moving forward into a period of increased liberty, decreased propaganda, and crucially, a period where rather than being poo poo'd and ostracised for being capable of critical thinking, your country starts embracing the people who were not dumb enough to vote for the Golden Idiot who currently sits in the oval office.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Several folks hoped hed be the reset we keep talking about needing

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Like idiots we keep thinking voting has any effect on the direction this country is headed. Every four years we mark ballots in the hopes of 'hope and change' , this time.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yeah learn the difference between a civilian court system and foreign intelligence / intelligence agencies.

The only difference is for appearances sake.

You believe whatever you like, Spy agencies are just that, at home and abroad.

Or don't read Zuckerbergs recent apology to tens of millions of facebook users...

Hes, so so sorry...
edit on 26-3-2018 by intrptr because: appearances sake

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, and that is a problem, a big one.

Why did anyone permit themselves the luxury of hope, in the face of the overwhelming facts surrounding this man, his attitude to things, his total lack of raw intelligence, his total lack of sophistication, his allergy to nuance, especially in a world which increasingly requires nuanced and articulate thought, in order to navigate safely?

No one is arguing that the United States needed saving. But turning to a person who is the very living embodiment of what is WRONG with the country, does NOT make any damned sense now, it did not then, and yet I am willing to bet that even in the face of what this man has been doing since taking office, there are some people who still believe that disgusting corporatist bastard is fighting their corner. Its nonsense.

The very heart of this problem is, how can anyone have believed a word out of his mouth, when it was all clearly BS from the start. Why did some people buy in at such a high price, and why will they refuse, even now, to eat their humble pie, and go to work undoing their mistake?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

well already we are seeing effects from law goggle has started erasing peoples google drives citing this law and craigslis removed its personals section citing this law saying it puts them in jeopardy of legal action.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TrueBrit

Several folks hoped hed be the reset we keep talking about needing

I still think he is. I just don't think it will be as pretty or as glorious as his adherents envisioned. We're never going to be the same again after this.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It was foreign intelligence that put Trump in power. He's an honorary stooge in a game of deceit.

Remember that guy running for president named McAffee? He actually knew all about this issue, but everybody called him a nutjob because he liked to smoke 100 bills, and do coc aine...he also liked hookers, but he was candid about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Did anyone actually read this?

This is nothing that is not already done with data storage services within the US. The only thing this addendum does is give law enforcement some recourse to attempt to access data that is stored on servers outside of the US. There are criminals working within the US that get away with what they do because they store data outside of the US.

There is still due process specified.

Thank you!

I just went through and read the entire CLOUD Act. I started to think I was the only one who actually READ it.

The only thing this Act changed is, if a company is working inside of the US, and it's servers, etc, are outside of the US, they are still held accountable to US warrants and have to comply. Also vice versa with foreign governments that have an executive agreement to. The only part that gives me pause is that the AGs is the one who gives the ok on who gets to be on the executive agreement and not the SCOTUS.
edit on 2/4/2018 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I think we've handed these people enough power.

Look no further than how the Democrats used the intel and law enforcement agencies against a candidate and the people.(IRS targetting of Tea party groups)..

Power grabs and the erosion of our rights aren't any more palatable to me because the guy I voted for is doing it.

Since no one read this bill, and it was tacked onto a bill that no one read, any defense for it is a misnomer.

Well except Rand Paul who kept posting updates of the trash in the bill on Twitter, which the President is always on, whats his excuse for not at least researching what Rand was laying out............ugh

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join