It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel lost?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyred
Well, if you can't find happiness any other way there is always the tried and true.

Middle aged and older men buy something between a Jaguar and a Ferrari, depending on your means, update your wardrobe and pay younger women or men, if that is your taste, to hang.

Middle aged and older women if you have plenty of money from divorces or estates pay some younger men or women, if that is your taste, to hang.

Younger men and women see above.

If you don't fit or want to try any of that there is always exercise. cruise or spa.

I guess you could really slip a gear and try to become the opposite sex.

I really don't feel like putting up with any of that anymore, so strong black coffee with occasional alcohol added, books, web-comics, anime, a sprinkling of movies (like cheesy old 50's and 60's scare sci-fi), ragtime piano, jazz, old country music and an occasional good dessert.

I like old band organs and those old cam driven and clockwork mechanical puppets.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yeah man, your suffering from clinical depression.

I truly hope theirs a solution out their for you, which can solve all your issues and give you the ability to thrive though life... But for me personally, I've given up on that unrealistic dream... I turn 35 in 3 days and at this stage, I've come to the bitter acceptance that I'm simply here to do my time... I'm just doing my 25 to life sentence.

A part of me wants to save money and move closer to the equator where I don’t have to tolerate miserable weather anymore and can spend my time sitting at the ocean but I don’t know how to become a citizen of another country.

It seriously wouldn't help dude... I spent years in tropical northern Australia, thinking it was the solution to gaining a piece of happiness... After a while it just got boring though... Around 12 hours of sun light and warm weather all year round eventually just becomes the norm and gives you nothing to look forward too in the future.

imo, your better off just to endure those cold short miserable days, so you have the longer & warmer days to look forward too.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyred
I’m almost 45 now and don’t find anything appealing anymore. I don’t watch tv, news, movies or sports. I gave up video games. I tried drawing and painting. I even tried reading. All I do now with my time is listen to music and wait for each day to pass.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel empty and lost.

A part of me wants to save money and move closer to the equator where I don’t have to tolerate miserable weather anymore and can spend my time sitting at the ocean but I don’t know how to become a citizen of another country.

Anyone else going through this boredom lost empty feeling?

I've been going through similar since around November but I do know that I am prone to SAD and I believe that the effects get worse every year so I have a plan. This year has been especially trying and difficult both financially and emotionally and what doesn't help is one of the few folks that I talk to (comfortably and with absolute trust) is my daughter but I don't want to burden her or make her issues any worse so I keep it all to myself which is likely not the best so good on you for reaching out even if only on a mostly anonymous discussion board. Feeling alone and abandoned is no joke and feeling as if I could crawl right out of my own skin. I feel a constant prickly sensation and fight off the 'woe is me' mentality that keeps gnawing at my ankles. It is hard, my friend.
Some posters above offered the advice of exercise and I couldn't agree more. I am longing for the time when the sun comes back full on and we can get back to the woods and not feel so closed in (I occasionally hike in the winter but just can't tolerate the cold long anymore). I always feel refreshed after a hike or a jog around the track and you might as well.
Back to my plan, this may help you as well. My first goal in life is/was to raise good, happy and healthy humans (my children) and my second goal involves where I want to spend my days after that is accomplished so every day in nearly everything that I do is toward that goal. Working hard/saving hard, trying not to accumulate any debts that I cannot pay freely and comfortably. Researching my goal is in there also, in other words, where I want to move, what will I do when I get there for work?, so making those connections now are important. How much savings do I need to be comfortable etc.
I hope that if you are unable to resist this sadness and emptiness alone that you will seek out some sort of professional help but hopefully there are some ideas within this thread that can give you some hope and maybe ideas in the meantime.
Wishing you good luck genuinely and hoping that you can check in and feel better soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think for life to be meaningful, it has to do with other people.

Maybe be more social(?)

Maybe can do something to improve.. something.. the world maybe.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I find fishing and gardening are good, productive hobbies if you are the outside type of person.

Plus, you can eat the fruits of your labor.

Tv, movies and games nowadays make me feel like I've opened up my head and dumped a trash can in there.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Didn't you start a thread titled "I found true happiness for the first time" just 12 days ago?

Foxake, make your mind up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join