It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Max Normal tv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
as some know i am a huge die antwoord fan. i think Ninja and Yolandi are both up there in the tops of greatest rappers ever. die antwoord is a little rough for some people to handle because of their imagery and such.

so max normal was before die antwoord and the constructus corporation(see bottom).
both albums scenes from a mall and good morning south africa are fantastic.

for those that are into new # i recommend digging in to max normal.

this has an old school golden age feel to it

and this has more of the die antwoord feel to it. i love this song

the constructus corporation only put out one album. only pressed like 500 copies but lucky for us its on youtube. i truly feel like this is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.
not going to imbed this because it is the entire album at 3 hours.
it should be listened to straight through but i will imbed long street just so people can get a feel

whole album

www.youtube.com...

its like a crazy sci fi concept rap album from 2050 or some #.

www.sputnikmusic.com...

The Ziggurat is a massive floating structure housing a self-sufficient society. The intro is one of several skits that, while skippable, are important for setting the overall tone and understanding the album's concepts. The Ziggurat follows two kids -- Random Boy and Kid Tronic -- living in the futuristic society, the former of which strives to become The Ziggurat's biggest MC, while the latter serves as his cyborg companion. The album also features "Rick Flare", ahem, a "self-made millionaire" who, despite his eccentric investments, has found the time to enlighten the people of The Ziggurat with tips on "How to Become a Better Person." Waddy Jones voices all the male characters on the album, and there are quite a few. All of the characters are planned out carefully, featuring unique flows and their own idiosyncratic lyrics.

just trying to share the love.
max normal and constructus are both fantastic.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As you might be able to tell from my avatar, I am a huge fan as well, and have been for a very very long time. It always blows their minds when I show Die Antwoord fans the video for Total F# Up by Max Normal where he literally talks about selling out and becoming DA. If you haven't seen it, it's hilarious.

Max Normal is awesome and Die Antwoord is too but I would say Ninja dumbs down his rap skills and mastery of the english language for DA. Songs from the Mall is a great album and if you follow the suggestions on YouTube you will find some of Ninja's oldest and best stuff, usually with around 4-7k views where he really shows off his skills.

Love her, love him, have his TEN$ION tattoo

edit on 3-24-2018 by wlasp because: oops

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlasp
As you might be able to tell from my avatar, I am a huge fan as well, and have been for a very very long time. It always blows their minds when I show Die Antwoord fans the video for Total F# Up by Max Normal where he literally talks about selling out and becoming DA. If you haven't seen it, it's hilarious.

Max Normal is awesome and Die Antwoord is too but I would say Ninja dumbs down his rap skills and mastery of the english language for DA. Songs from the Mall is a great album and if you follow the suggestions on YouTube you will find some of Ninja's oldest and best stuff, usually with around 4-7k views where he really shows off his skills.

Love her, love him, have his TEN$ION tattoo

yeah i agree with you about die antwoord. what he does with his lyrics.

i dont think either of them get enough credit for their craft.

what do you think about the ziggurat?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I love the Ziggurat. It's definitely a really out there album with not as much broad appeal. It reminds me of something I heard long ago, but I can't place it. Oh La La has strong Fischerspooner vibes I think.

top topics

join