It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SIERRA99 Circling NTTR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I noticed this KC10 circling over NTTR. the flight track kept resetting, i didnt see where it came from but it was circling for a good 3 hours. this was the last image i got. It says tracked for 2 hours but it was definitely longer than that i just didnt take another shot

do they do normal ops that late/early? i would think he is up there refueling something cool because its so late. i bet no one was in the area spying so they pulled out something cool haha. just speculating.

edit on 23-3-2018 by detachment3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You copy paste the line labled “BBcode for use in post”

Just put that full code in your post and you pick will show up

a reply to: detachment3

link   
On the upload page, click the image, a pop-up will appear, you'll see text saying 'for use in post' - highlight the text in the box and copy (ctrl+c), then edit your op, paste (ctrl+v) into the editing box along with your op text.

link   

There are late night flights out of Tonopah and Groom, and early morning ops from Edwards and Nellis that would all use tankers.

edit on 3/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
figured it out! thanks guys!!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's right where the Red Flag guys go to play, as well as the base birds on their missions. We spent a couple hours at Coyote, right near there watching the air to air guys playing around.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's right where the Red Flag guys go to play, as well as the base birds on their missions. We spent a couple hours at Coyote, right near there watching the air to air guys playing around.

ahh ok. i figured it could have just been a red flag exercise. it being 2am-3am i like to have hopes it was there for a cool project

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It could have been. Like I said, Groom, Tonopah, and anything secret out of Plant 42 won't usually even takeoff until after 10pm.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i have read some articles that say its usually late night stuff. i had met a boom at one point out of edwards. it never occured to me why he said he had TS/SCI clearance until recently. he had said he did a lot of "night ops". i dont keep in touch with him anymore. not like he can tell me anything, i just thought it was cool.

based on where he was circling, the airspace is view able from many different locations. is there an active thread where people post pics or recordings from the area? i follow this guy "pdgls" on youtube. he seems to be around there a lot and posts recordings and videos.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Sierra99 is based out of Travis air Force base.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Happened to see Siera99 flying in towards NTTR yesterday, around 15.30.
From the course, it looked like she was flying in from somewhere south, in the general direction of Edwards.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

They come out of Edwards. They have at least two tankers there, one is the white and black paint scheme the other is the standard grey used on the active duty fleet.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This one was standard grey.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

They come out of Edwards. They have at least two tankers there, one is the white and black paint scheme the other is the standard grey used on the active duty fleet.

Is this in addition to Travis?

BTW rereading this thread, I never saw Sierra 99 as part of a flag. Those tankers are Arco, Gulf and one that slips my memory.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

I used to go by Edwards regularly, early enough that I could get a good look at the base before the heat got bad and those two were always parked outside one of the hangars, usually with one of their C-17s.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I used to go by Edwards regularly, early enough that I could get a good look at the base before the heat got bad and those two were always parked outside one of the hangars, usually with one of their C-17s.

Are they Travis planes at Edward's?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

There's at least one tanker that is assigned to Edwards that does most of their testing work. It has the Edwards tail flash, along with at least two C-17s (they were in Phoenix last week). I don't know if the grey tanker is a satellite of Travis or if they rotate that one through.
edit on 6/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I just noticed, and I don't know if this makes a difference, but the callsign for these tankers are actually SIERA99 with one "R".
Don't know if this is normal protocall(sp) or if it's a deviation, but both the OP's sighting and my sighting via ADSB were with only 1 "R" in the callsign.
It's tricky to track "Sierra's" going back to Travis, because they usually change their callsign when they're headed home.
Interrogative: here's a fun tidbit about recent flights from the Palmdale/Edwards area:
Gillespie airport in San Diego has been getting quite a bit of extra air traffic from Antelope Valley. Especially executive jets owned by Northrop Grumman.
Just saying....
edit on 622018 by HomeyKXTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've seen more than a few NG aircraft flying around on tracking sites lately. Some of them are testing systems.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

These are passanger planes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join