It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sure many are asking themselves "What's next?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: introvert

No.

What I really want is for people like yourself to go the way of the dodo.

Go ahead, accept the warm fleshy hand of extinction.

I understand. You cannot handle different opinions and would rather bask in confirmation bias from your like-minded buddies.

No wonder you cannot offer a legitimate argument. You've never had to give one before.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And dont even bring me that "mail doesnt kill people, people kill people" noise.

People don't kill mail, mail kills mail

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Actually, you're wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.

Ciao.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

ok, I'll say it for you NICE and SLOW.....

HERE ARE TWO LINES..... READ BETWEEN THEM.....

P.S....... how's that mouth breathing working for ya?

Again, how do you expect to get through to anyone if this is your approach?

Ehhh, once the mental parapalegics drop off, all will be ducky

Isn't it time for your cookies and milk break?

Ahh, I see. You're just trolling your own thread at this point.

Now that we've addressed your political leanings..... let's talk about spelling and grammar, shall we?

Why? Do you need something to use a distraction from the topic in the OP?

Again, how do you expect to engage people on these sorts of topics and make any progress if you are just going to be a douche about it?

Answer is: You don't want to engage people and educate them of our rights as free people. You want confirmation bias and back slaps from the echo chamber.

Good luck.

how would you approach this topic to get maximum results? You always have an opinion on most everything that won't work, I'd like to hear what would work. Please offer a glimpse into how this discussion should go. thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Do you/we have some type of right to own knives?

not in the usa we do not

Eh, yeah you *do* have some type of right to own knives - the second amendment.

Any reasonable interpretation of the second amendment includes the right to own arms. Put simply, you can't have the right to bear arms without the right to own arms.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And dont even bring me that "mail doesnt kill people, people kill people" noise.

People don't kill mail, mail kills mail

In Mother Russia, RUSSIANS KILL MAIL!!!! >

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Amen.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For the dum-dums, I'll summarize.

A "gun-free" society still finds the need to blame another tool for killing. My point is this. Guns do not kill. Knives do not kill. Cinder blocks do not kill. Stones do not kill.

Doesn't matter, the government will come in and save you from yourselves.

Oh, and wait....we need saving from a horrible MAN who taught (OMFG!!!) his DOG to do a NAZI SALUTE!!!!

Guess what kids, the guberment will save us from ourselves there, too.

This thread isn't about guns. It isn't about nazi pugs. It's about the fact that we are allowing our rights to be eroded, constantly and relentlessly, by our governments.

So, for those who could not glean my intent from the original message, my apologies. Hopefully what I've said now will calm your collective panties.

And yes, I am an ASSHOLE. And I'm a proud owner of that

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

He doesn't understand that he is causing more harm than good like this.

I think he (foolishly) sees you and I as lefty gun grabbers. 8/

I feel embarrassed for him.

I'm a Lefty, that is for sire, but not a gun grabber.

I find that many of the people I talk to about the 2nd amendment only hold it in such high regard because of their political lean, not a firm understanding of the constitution and it's guiding principles.

Now that we've addressed your political leanings..... let's talk about spelling and grammar, shall we?

You start harping on someone for GRAMMAR? You said it yourself you are a A hole. Do not forget you are also a Grammar Nazi. Sieg Heil!

And if I were living in the UK, I'd undoubtedly be a convicted and jailed grammar nazi.

Note that I didnt actually say it was a bad thing either did i? It is a pet peeve i have about Grammar. This is the internet. it is not meant to be perfect.

Back on topic You do have a point. Still the UK is a lost cause. you might as well sit at home with a sign on your door please come in my wife is ready to be raped.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just to put this out there. The anti-knife campaign is about trying to stop teenage gangs carrying knives, not about some group that will enter your home and take away all your kitchen knives. A small"ish" number of inner city teens walk around with machetes and the like to "protect themselves" against other gangs. You guys seem to love the British tabloids and love spouting their nonsense like sheeple. Most British people ignore the tabloid press, because we know it's only "headline news" to keep them in business.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And yet it is a written format (at least, ATS is), and it is painfully obvious that most don't even make the slightest effort.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just to put it out there, a couple of years ago Parliament wanted to ban kitchen knives because of crimes of passion mostly taking place with said kitchen knives.

Try to sweep it under the rug all you want, nothing changes.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Do you/we have some type of right to own knives?

not in the usa we do not

Yes, it's called the 2nd Amendment.

Knives and the Second Amendment

This Article is the first scholarly analysis of knives and the Second Amendment. Under the Supreme Court’s standard in District of Columbia v. Heller, knives are Second Amendment “arms” because they are “typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes,” including self-defense.

There is no knife that is more dangerous than a modern handgun; to the contrary, knives are much less dangerous. Therefore, restrictions on carrying handguns set the upper limit for restrictions on carrying knives.

Prohibitions on carrying knives in general, or of particular knives, are unconstitutional. For example, bans of knives that open in a convenient way (e.g., switchblades, gravity knives, and butterfly knives) are unconstitutional. Likewise unconstitutional are bans on folding knives that, after being opened, have a safety lock to prevent inadvertent closure.

Although Second Amendment cases and scholarship have focused on guns, the Second Amendment does not protect the right to keep and bear firearms. The Amendment protects “arms,” of which firearms are only one category. Only about half of U.S. households possess a firearm, and many of those households have only one or two firearms.4 In contrast, almost every household possesses several knives, not including table knives. This Article analyzes Second Amendment protection for the most common “arm” in the United States—the knife.

This is the abstract and the opening paragraph of the paper. Keep in mind, thought, that this is a scholarly paper and not a court ruling--I just don't believe that it's really even gotten that far concerning knives.

As an aside, I have issue with that second paragraph--knives are more dangerous than guns, but guns are used far more in assaults and murders than knives. I think that they worded that poorly.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

As my teenaged daughter is a UK citizen.... believe me, this concerns me.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Just to put it out there, a couple of years ago Parliament wanted to ban kitchen knives because of crimes of passion mostly taking place with said kitchen knives.

Try to sweep it under the rug all you want, nothing changes.

Actually they wanted to ban children from buying knives, not adults!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join