It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Westall UFO encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm sure some of you may have already read about the Westall UFO incident. I have only found out about it and thought I would share this video I came across which has been made recently and is very well made and informative in my view.

The Westall UFO encounter is an event that occurred on 6 April 1966 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Around 11:00 am, for about 20 minutes, more than 200 students and teachers at two Victorian state schools allegedly witnessed an unexplained flying object which descended into a nearby open wild grass field.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

That also(?) happened in Africa. The kids drew pictures, recounted similar experiences.

link

Both sightings, including drawings of the object, bear a remarkable resemblance to other 'sightings'.

This case...

thinkaboutit

This video:

edit on 23-3-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes, very familiar with this case. Was one of the biggies that came from down under for sure. Started a series of pretty big sightings that went on for a time there in Australia as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I love these types of sightings! There are fascinating cases of U.F.O's out there. In many cases, there are too many credible witnesses such as astronauts, airplane pilots, police officers and people from all walks of life and from all over the world. Something is out there!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Project 1974?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A few additions...

There are several known cases of children at school witnessing UFOs.
Keith Basterfield thinks that they all saw a baloon from HIBAL project carried out by Department of Supply.
The object was apaprently chased by military planes at one point.
There was a supposed military presence at school after the incident, including alleged supression of witnesses.
Some supposed physical evidence in form of burned circles in the grass were found.

There's a pretty neat documentary about the event, titled "Westall’ 66, a Suburban UFO Mystery"

Whatever it was, the behavior kind of makes one wonder - how a baloon could be mistaken for a saucer? I was never able to succesfully assess what the hell happened there. Whatever it was, it was shocking enough to spark lots of stories and legends to be formed.
edit on 23-3-2018 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

top topics

join