It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Disaster: No Accident!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
never mind.....old thread

[edit on 2/17/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This has been put forward for a reason, probably to create board drama...

Please tell me this is not going to be another WITD?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
So if the source isn't credible, why post it on ATS at all??
Whats with the weird date??

Actually there isn't a source listed here. A source meaning that another credible site has the same story posted. If you scan through ATSNN you'll find that all stories, except for exclusives, link to another web site. So while this story may be true, we can't verify it for sure. That's why it's not on ATSNN.

The weird date is because it's a dummy account that is used for anonymous submissions. The member doesn't exist, so they don't have a registration date. To make a short story longer, time on Unix machines is based on the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. Putting the account registration date at 12/31/69 is probably a default value in the database when you insert a null value into that field.

This was just an interesting anonymous submission that didn't meet ATSNN standards, so it got moved to the board. *sigh*

For a real conspiracy, find out what happens on Jan 19, 2036
(The world ends) Set the time on your computer to the year 2040 or so and see how well things work

[edit on 17-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The weird date is because it's a dummy account that is used for anonymous submissions. The member doesn't exist, so they don't have a registration date. To make a short story longer, time on Unix machines is based on the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. Putting the account registration date at 12/31/69 is probably a default value in the database when you insert a null value into that field.

Ahhhh!!
i see, the odd anon-news is solved

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Nygdan
Nuke weapons will not trigger massive earthquakes.

Is this anon-news character a creation of admin for one of the games? What with the anomylous start date and all?

Nuclear weaposn can trigger earthquakes

Actually, I've never heard of a nuke causing a fault to slip, but I'd think it must be able to move very small ones. Either way, it won't trigger massive earthquaks, I made sure to by explicit. Also, when a nuke goes off, it can be detected seismically, this however, is not an earthquake.

, why let a anonymous member post a message with a date of 1969??

Yeah, and this is how it was done in a previous game too. Perhaps the lack of progress on BL is triggering 'help' from admin. Obviously the board, heck for all I know Simon Gray, didn't exist in 1969. But how can it relate to the BL game?

ALso notice mod John Bull edited the post the day after it was posted (edited on the 17th) However, thats a falsehood. Majic's reponse, dated the 16th, notes that john bull edited it.

dbates
I don't believe in this case the bomb itself (If this was a bomb) made the wave

A tsunami is caused by moving a large volume of water (rather simple no?) This can be done be an earthquake, where the ground moves. It can be caused by a submarine landslide, and in the above I speculate (because I can 't access the article) that its caused by the explosion itself, the explosion moves water, not massive amounts of land, to displace the water.

Like I said I can't access the news article, its restricted where I am. The source reads as not being the 'New Zealand Times', it reads as 'compfused'. Anyone clicked on the link and noticed this?

The weird date is because it's a dummy account that is used for anonymous submissions. The member doesn't exist, so they don't have a registration date

Oh. Damnit.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon-news
[Tsunami] was caused by a North Korea Nuclear Weapon Test launched by a mini submarine

The energies involved in the tsunami generatign quake were thousands of times greater than any nuclear bomb. A nuclear bomb is not going to 'trigger' an earth quake on a fault this big and all that. The powers are so wildly disproportionate that there's simply no connection between them.

The earthquake and the sunami was just to cover-up the nuclear test

So it was unintentional, or secondary? Complete BS. I don't beleive that it can be done intentionally, let alone as a cover for something as pathetic and insifnificant as a nuke. If north korean could trigger earthquakes of that magnitude with any sort of reliabilty, then they'd rule the world. The nuke is likea firecracker that sets off an ammo depot. This guy is claiming that they wanted to see if the fire cracker worked and don't care about the depot explosion?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This story was submitted in Anon news.

It was obviously no where near the standard required for ATSNN but I thought as conspiracy theories go it was original atleast and so I moved to the forum.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
This story was submitted in Anon news.

It was obviously no where near the standard required for ATSNN but I thought as conspiracy theories go it was original atleast and so I moved to the forum.

so you tried driving us all mad them

DAMMIT!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well conspiracy or not , game or not atleast the mods know now when we see something wrong we are willing to go out for the extra step to keep ATS safe from tinkering , and that we are observant enough to try and figure out odd things, but I still think the mods are playing with our minds to see if we are paying attention. They just dont know it but most of us here are so poor that we cant afford to pay attention so we had to sell some of that organ thingy in our you know thing on our shoulders , you know the thing that thinks, ohhhhh well it was worth it to sell another peice to make sure ATS was okay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join