It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall for Mexico will be environmentally destructive

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You don't have a cell phone, driver's license, credit cards, or debit cards? I really don't believe you, but if I'm wrong then WOW. You really are dedicated to your paranoia.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
You DO know that the demographics of illegals that come from places other than Mexico or further south don't pass through the Mexico border right? They arrive and stay by other means. So your weird ad hominem aside, walls aren't going to stop illegal immigration. But a wall is good to target a certain segment of illegals. A segment that primarily comes from a certain country just south of us.

Mexicans No Longer Make Up Majority Of Immigrants In U.S. Illegally

Indians are the fastest-growing illegal immigrant population in the US

Maybe you should follow your own critique about Democrats and illegals? Because a wall isn't the fix to the problem.

From the article that you linked:

The Pew report details the first drop in the total number of unauthorized immigrants below levels from the end of the recession — from 11.3 million in 2009 to just 11 million in 2015.

Oh, problem solved... 300,000 less illegals in the last 6 years! We're almost there. Just 11,000,000 left.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

According to whom? most people from middle east and other euro company's go thru immigration,Mexicans only have a short distance,and been here for several years,comparing apples with oranges

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Same group that did not want a fence across the San Pedro river (think freeway for drugs and illegals). So then the Border Patrol backed down to an observation platform on either side of the river basin...but that would stop the migratory birds.

Then there is the Mexican family that does not want any Anglo's in their Catholic Church...the church that is a sanctuary for illegals. The main Catholic church had illegals hiding in the belfry.

Drugs are flooding across our borders, and only the liberals seem blind to it, but then they need the voters.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
all illegals should be deported.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Animals will be impacted?

I just can't find the logic sometimes... Immigrants were "allowed" to sneak over to our country illegally for years, to the point that it's out of control, and now one of the most successful solutions needs to be aborted because we might endanger some wild animals?
Leave it to the environmentalists to come up with a way to oppose the wall. Not surprised.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I favor a more high tech approach, personally. The wall costs including future maintenance and repair and surrounding infrastructure could be put towards hiring more border patrol agents, buying drones, installing sensors, researching new ways to deter, etcetera etcetera...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nOraKat

Every paved road, fence line, aqueduct and concrete surface, is environmentally destructive.

"They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot." --Big Yellow Taxi

Uhh those areas are either built on existing human settlements or are built around environments that will be impacted.
A wall in the middle of no where scaling across ecosystems will have a huge impact.

It's obvious this would happen, the wall is a dumb idea anyways.

Dying Empires build walls to keep refugees out and populace in.

Desperate control measures mirrored throughout history.
The Great China Wall, Hadrian's Wall, the Iron Curtain, Gaza, to name a few.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

china is still a empire in itself.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm with you. I support Immigration and I know how bad things are in SoCal and all over California cause I live here and see it first hand.

I am a Trump supporter because I know he signifies something bigger than just the policies and rigamaroll. A lot is going to be exposed and it's all good. But the cost the animals are going to pay eats me alive!

Tough spot to be in, my stomach goes into knots frequently

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

1,954 miles
Following the Boundary Treaty of 1970 between Mexico and the United States that settled all the pending boundary disputes and uncertainties related to the Rio Grande (Río Bravo del Norte) border, the national continental border extends 1,954 miles (3,145 km), excluding the maritime boundaries of 18 miles (29 km)

For the sake of the environment why not build watching post every mile or spaced one mile apart where permitted.
Then hire roaming personell to manage the areas between with above & below ground and avian sensory technologies to assist them?
Should lower cost and increase employment...

No wall? Okay, we'll do your watch towers, with snipers and lethal force authorized. Still not want a wall? I doubt the Chinese consulted environmentalist when they built theirs.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: staticfl

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

1,954 miles
Following the Boundary Treaty of 1970 between Mexico and the United States that settled all the pending boundary disputes and uncertainties related to the Rio Grande (Río Bravo del Norte) border, the national continental border extends 1,954 miles (3,145 km), excluding the maritime boundaries of 18 miles (29 km)

For the sake of the environment why not build watching post every mile or spaced one mile apart where permitted.
Then hire roaming personell to manage the areas between with above & below ground and avian sensory technologies to assist them?
Should lower cost and increase employment...

No wall? Okay, we'll do your watch towers, with snipers and lethal force authorized. Still not want a wall? I doubt the Chinese consulted environmentalist when they built theirs.

There will be no wall, no watch towers or snipers. There will be a nice chainlink fence however with a few more border patrol officers in SUVs. Mexicans aren't going to pay for it; the US taxpayers will however. It's an established pattern.
edit on 25-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I see the OP, and most commenters here, haven't even been to the border, nor seen first hand the hundreds of different style walls, fences, obstacles etc that ALREADY line most of our Southern border. News flash - there are already thousands and thousands of miles of wall, fence, or whatever you want to call it. A great documentary is "The Fence" if you cannot travel.

If you're going to focus on the poor little animals that won't be able to cross in these "new" sections, then while we're at it, let's address the MILLIONS of miles of rancher fences that are already in existence (I'm not talking standard barbed wire, I'm talking the fences where anything that can't jump 4' cannot get through) Tortoise, Fox, Gila, Rabbit, Coyote just to name a few. The fences (for those wondering) are small wire squares on the bottom, about 3-4' high, and then they are topped with another 2-3' of barbed wire for cattle, etc.

For those who have not seen our border, get off your couches and go visit, and say hello to the thousands of agents ALREADY patrolling it that are stuck in the political "wash, rinse, repeat" political mess.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: nOraKat

Can anyone tell me what's bigoted and racist about a border wall?

Democrats think all illegal immigrants are Mexicans.

They also think Mexican is a race.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Athetos
Illegal is illegal reguardless those people should be delt with according aswell,curious how much drugs,money.,guns and people the Indians are smuggling too and from the US.

Ok, if that is the hardass approach you want to take (me I don't care, "illegal" or "legal" is just a matter of a pen stroke) then apply a solution that targets ALL illegals. Not just selectively targets one section and drives perceptions of racism.

Here’s one, build the wall and enforce current laws. Oh and tone down the h1v1 program bigley.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Who will think of the wildebeests?!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join