It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall for Mexico will be environmentally destructive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
a reply to: nOraKat

Can anyone tell me what's bigoted and racist about a border wall?

Democrats think all illegal immigrants are Mexicans.

Democrats' power structure assume with .975 certainty
that illegal immigrants are not brand new Americans,
but more voters that fall over leaning Democrat.

Couldn't help it, face... had to try and fix this one.
Take a look at where America already is: and deny that
politics is an environment so toxic that (Sigourney's
ratchet-jaw nightmare's) eyes are watering...

EDIT: Just one more general election, and it'll be
tipped over just enough. Non-Americans win, we die off.
edit on 23-3-2018 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Illegal is illegal reguardless those people should be delt with according aswell,curious how much drugs,money.,guns and people the Indians are smuggling too and from the US.

Ok, if that is the hardass approach you want to take (me I don't care, "illegal" or "legal" is just a matter of a pen stroke) then apply a solution that targets ALL illegals. Not just selectively targets one section and drives perceptions of racism.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The idea of a wall is one of Trumps ideas to keep his base riled up. Fact is most illegals fly into LAX or Heartsfield-Jacklon with a tourist visa and just never leave.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Illegal and legal is the conscious choice of the individual coming too the country.
Sounds good to me everyone treated the same I like it

Hardassed approach? Just seems logical to me to not break law.

a reply to: Krazysh0t
edit on 23-3-2018 by Athetos because: Spelling derp

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The idea of a wall is one of Trumps ideas to keep his base riled up. Fact is most illegals fly into LAX or Heartsfield-Jacklon with a tourist visa and just never leave.

www.nbcnews.com...

Cool. So Dims should be fine with the wall then.

I mean their illegal aliens will still get to come in right?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the wall--at least not a massively long, continuous behemoth of a wall--and the impact on the environment like this is actually one of the main reasons, coupled with cost.

There is some validity to a border wall, but I think that we need to be more strategic about it and then use other technologies for the rest of the border, to include increased presence of border patrol and a broader ability to actually do their job.

But these types of alarmist things quoted and written in your source really makes me laugh at "Common Dreams" openly and heartily:

... the worst symbol of Trump’s bigotry and racism ...

The first planned sections of the Trump border wall would tear through public lands...

... the U.S.-Mexico border wall is part of a larger strategy of ongoing border militarization that damages human rights, civil liberties, ... The border wall impedes the natural migrations of people ...

There's a lot of hyperbole and silliness in what could have been a well-written article. That's a shame, because it really diminishes a serious topic.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The environment will be helped with the wall. There won't be mountains of trash left behind.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Why do you think it is a successful solution? Sparsely patrolled walls are impenetrable now? We just don't have the tech to scale a vertical surface, or tunnel under it? Even simple people cannot afford shovels and wood posts for support?

Our need to continue half assing our attempts at border security now need to negatively impact migrating animals?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: olaru12

www.nbcnews.com...

Cool. So Dims should be fine with the wall then.

I mean their illegal aliens will still get to come in right?

Actually I am fine with the wall. I have a vendors contract with the DHS but only a portion will be an actual wall. The rest will just be a glorified chainlink fence. Fences need fence poles and we got em. Plus a contract for archival footage of the project. Been doing govt. contracts for many years; doin business the American way.
edit on 23-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Can anyone tell me what's bigoted and racist about a border wall?

Nothing.

Someone that willfully breaks the law by definition is a criminal.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Illegal and legal is the conscious choice of the individual coming too the country.
Sounds good to me everyone treated the same I like it

Hardassed approach? Just seems logical to me to not break law.

Yes, hardassed is a desire to punish people for law breaking no matter the circumstances surrounding the law breaking. Your logic holds that someone stealing bread to feed their child is just as guilty as one who steals millions of dollars from a bank with no recourse for nuance.

It's not like the laws can't be changed or anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I prefer the village of Santo Poco, except for their constant issues with the infamous El Guapo.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I thought the wall was to keep US citizens in
Wasn't everyone going to leave

Heck no, those were the ones we were gonna buy one way tickets for... They chickened out when challenged.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I've yet to meet an Indian that isn't a doctor or owner of something. Illegal immigration wouldn't be an issue if not for crime, drugs, and freeloading.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There are varying degrees of punishment under the law that you are overlooking are you being purposely obtuse?

The bread stealer is guilty of stealing bread and taking food from some one else’s table
The bank thief is guilty of stealing millions and should get the proper punishment say life in jail?
edit on 23-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Illegal is illegal reguardless those people should be delt with according aswell,curious how much drugs,money.,guns and people the Indians are smuggling too and from the US.

Ok, if that is the hardass approach you want to take (me I don't care, "illegal" or "legal" is just a matter of a pen stroke) then apply a solution that targets ALL illegals. Not just selectively targets one section and drives perceptions of racism.

You guys think everything is racist. Trump wanted to put a travel ban on terror controlled cities and y'all called him racist and bigoted and said it was geared to stop muslims, even though it would have stopped anyone in those areas muslim and Christian alike... And even non religious people.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What's more damaging to the environment, a wall

Or this catastrophe left by illegals crossing the border?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I agree. Rather than destroy nature we should destroy the people who hire illegals. Target the actual problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I've yet to meet an Indian that isn't a doctor or owner of something. Illegal immigration wouldn't be an issue if not for crime, drugs, and freeloading.

Lol. Way to stereotype.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That isn't targeting the problem.

The problem is the utter destruction of their home nations economy. The solution is for the US to stop encouraging the strengthening of cartels, and the funneling of guns into their country to help that. And for the Mexican government to diversify their economy so that it isn't a solely petroleum based venture.

Make Mexico Great Again.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join