It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Of Suburbia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A great song by Greenday, it's long, it has tempo changes, it's a freaking ballad!

I can relate a lot to this video, just wish it came out 10 years earlier!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
That came out almost 14 years ago. It was on American Idiot. That and most of that CD(plus previous tunes) is on the DVD/CD combo Bullet in a Bible. One of the best concert dvd's I've seen. It's a must own.

ETA:

edit on 23-3-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Jesus of Suburbia rocks! If you havent already then listen to Homecoming (also from the American Idiot album) and also Forever Now from their latest album Revolution Radio, similar in that they are also 'rock operas'. Green Day are the greatest band in the world imo

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Agreed it is a must own. So funny that you should mention it as i have the cd in the car but thought i'd lost the dvd. I found it about a month ago inside a Roy Chubby Brown case
They are hands down the best live band to see!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

They rock live! And they start on time! During the Nimrod tour, we showed up "fashionably late" after a few pints and they had started. We got there just in time to watch Billie Joe run through the catalog of famous riffs, one after the other, and ending with Metallica's Master of Puppets. They had a horn section that ran around after the show handing out swag. I have a yellow foam finger flipping the punk rock salute and "Nimrod" across the knuckles sitting in my living room!

American Idiot is a classic! There is not a bad song on that album! I love OP's track and this one...

She's A Rebel

:rawk:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I would love to have seen them back in the Nimrod days! I'm so jealous. Love She's a Rebel i had it on this morning! Love the way it follows Novocaine on AA. Its too short though!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

It was dumb luck that I went! My high school buddy just got off his cast and crutches and he was aching to get out of the house. He bought two tickets and we walked down to the stadium from my place. Stopped off for a couple of beers and were only like 15 minutes late! I heard we missed one song then "Hello Alaska!" etc. Then the riffs. So not too much! I wasn't even going to go! So glad I did go!

Looking around (boss is out of the office), there are tons of vids on u-tube! Here is one from Tokyo that sounded pretty good.

Jesus of Suburbia, Live, Tokyo, Japan - 2010

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

You were meant to go to that show! And sounds like you remember every minute even though it was so long ago. Seeing them live for the first time does that to you doesnt it! Top of my bucket list is to see them on home ground in Cali! One day....! I much prefer the live versions of Jesus of Suburbia to the original, much faster

edit on 23-3-2018 by paradisepurple because: .

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That came out almost 14 years ago.

I know, if it had come out 10 years earlier I would have still been in high school, that's what I meant by 10 years earlier!

top topics

join