It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy guarding Parkland school where 17 died is suspended for sleeping on the job

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Wow. So the deputy who was supposed to be guarding Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School only 1 month after the attacks was found sleeping in his patrol car.

Are you kidding me?? So a couple sources are reporting that while he was asleep Nicholas Cruz's brother who had been told numerous times to stay off the campus was caught riding a skateboard on campus.

The first one cowers outside while kids are shot and the next one just goes to sleep on the job???

Where are they finding these deputies? Please fire him for not taking that job more seriously .

For Christ sake just stay awake.

A Broward Sheriff’s deputy assigned to protect the very building on the Parkland campus of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School where 17 people were shot and killed last month was suspended Tuesday for taking a nap in his patrol car.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office said Moises Carotti has been suspended with pay at least until an internal affairs investigation was completed. BSO said at just after 5 p.m. Monday a student notified another officer on campus that Carotti was sleeping in his car.

“The sergeant responded to the marked patrol vehicle, which was parked on the Northwest corner of the 1200 building,” BSO wrote in a press release Tuesday. “He knocked on the window to get Carotti’s attention, who appeared to be sleeping.”

www.miamiherald.com...
edit on 22-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Sleeping or...?

Anyways this just reeks!

edit on 22-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Let he who has never gone to work with a hangover cast the first stone.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would have rather he was sleeping during the shooting. It would have been a better excuse. Maybe he was?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The best way to prevent shooting is to get someone unknown within the system to watch bad guys. Cops have been infiltrated and their profiles may also been easily leaked. I mean we see this in hollywood movies all the time. Bad guy somehow got access in high positions of cops and accessing their profile to know what job they are working on. If the bad guy sees the cop watching, they won't do anything, heck they can even track the cops. That is why Civilian is always > Police. Just like Die Hard movie. Bruce Willis character an NYPD cop was on vacation as a civilian. The bad guys didn't expect a cop to be inside due to being a police in a different city. So they didn't access his profile until too late.

Police is suppose to be there to maintain law and order within the public as reasonable as possible, none of those cop brutalities you see. Being a sheriff or cop today is very dangerous in this information age, it is not as easy to be unknown during the wild west era. Respect to the Sheriff for trying. If you really want help get a civilian militia undercover.

edit on 22-3-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Let he who has never gone to work with a hangover cast the first stone.

Yeah it's a shame he wasn't an air traffic controller or a brain surgeon instead..you know, something more worth his time

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is this a movie script

Suspended with pay wtf is that other than vacation

When does the public union case hit supreme court next month?
edit on 22-3-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's a cop/civilian. Not a Soldier. Not sure leo's have "General Orders" for "guard duty". Other than doing your "job" when posted? I don't think they do. They're not Soldiers. Unlike the "warriors" they like to think of themselves. They can always give their two week notice.
Policing has become such a money maker and power grab for the PTB. I don't understand why tax payers hold them as necessary or useful, or to such high standards.
Cops are trained to basically collect revenue, work against the Federal Constitution, the State Constitutions and keep the "justice system" in "jobs" and knowingly or not, push political agenda.

They get held/put to an above "civilian" level. When in reality they have no legal obligation to protect anyone (per. the S.C.O.T.U.S). It's not even military personnels job. They defend the ground/dirt you stand on. It is your job to defend, protect, save you!

So sick of the whining. Americans (used loosely) need man/woman up. Let the teachers that want to be armed, be armed. Let the 2nd free again. An armed society, is a polite society.
We wouldn't need leo's sleeping in cars, expected to "protect and serve". When it ain't their job in the first place.

I know. Way over everyone. It is obvious "Society" has lost its will to live.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are jobs were you can sleep while on the job.

A cop at Parkland is not one of those jobs.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

What a dick!!!!
He's an incompetent jackass, I think we can all agree on that.

edit on 22-3-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well...

...at 10-20 school shooting per year, with about 100,000 schools out there total.

...and 87,000 flights per day.

Where at most any school you could sleep on the job everyday and almost never expect a shooting.
VS.
Basically every time a fool could sleep at a air controller terminal there would be a collision or the like.

School guard is the safer pick of the two for people whom like to sleep on the job.

Just sayin'.

edit on 22-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Obviously it is.
I'm sure if there was some kind of "law" against it, maybe..? No! Better yet! Lol! A "restraining order" to restrain all taxpayer funded employees from sleeping on the job.
Lol! This "democracy" and society is going to legislate itself to death.
Should've kept the Republic with It's Constitution. We Americans wouldn't be having so many of these problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well...

...at 10-20 school shooting per year, with about 100,000 schools out there total.

...and 87,000 flights per day.

Where at most any school you could sleep on the job everyday and almost never expect a shooting.
VS.
Basically every time a fool could sleep at a air controller terminal there would be a collision or the like.

School guard is the safer pick of the two for people whom like to sleep on the job.

Just sayin'.

I'm just saying that a air traffic controller should not sleep on the job just after a plane crash that happened at their airport.

The cop should not have been sleeping given where he was and his job description.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
For Christ sake just stay awake.

To be fair, there are lots of health conditions that can make "just staying awake" impossible. I had that exact issue for years before finding out I had a major undiagnosed health problem. I was actually let go from 1 job for falling asleep and almost lost a 2nd for the same reason. I literally fell asleep once standing up in the middle of work. Anyone seeing me would have probably been convinced I was on drugs.

So anyway, at least wait to find out what happened before just writing him off as lazy.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Was he an old guy nearing retirement?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Care to share the condition? Or PM me? I’ve had some similar problems in the past,haven’t had it in a while however. Just want to know if I should get checked out. I work a lot and get run down so it could just be regular fatigue but I’ve almost fell asleep standing up a few times, like a hard core wave of tiredness just hit me.

a reply to: trollz

edit on 22-3-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

You're anemic...too many white blood cells. Consume more iron and green leafy veggies.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think it's more about not doing his job than being lazy. If he has narcolepsy, he shouldn't be a cop. If he's lazy, he shouldn't be a cop. If he's so old he needs an afternoon nap, he shouldn't be a cop.

I'm old enough so I need a nap most days. I'm not going to accept a job where my sneaking away for an hour is going to create a dangerous situation. But I guess in hindsight, I can see why he chose to do so... when I was working at a nuclear power plant, I would get in trouble for getting caught sleeping... cops get vacations for it!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, and that's called taking personal responsibility.

How would any of you feel knowing this narco was responsible for your safety or your family's? Not too good eh?

I have never slept on the job, though lunch time is another story..

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
After the first one hid in the bushes during the attack, maybe its time they find a new security guy source for that post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join