It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Dowd Resigns as Trump’s Lead Lawyer in Special Counsel Inquiry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

repeating your opinions does not make them true
or do you have a source that states trump has refused muellers interview?

lol
your opinions are funny
and remarkably msnbc like

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That is because Mueller is in fact on a fishing expedition for a crime that does not exist. The disagreement came with Trumps willingness to be interviewed by Mueller. Trump sees it as being open and honest with the SC and has nothing to hide. His former lawyer was against it and rightfully so given Mueller's history.

The latest demand by the SC for records from Trumps business is in fact outside the scope of his mandate. The SC does need to be ended. Given the fact the SC was illegally appointed lends more weight to it needing to be stopped.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes, that super duper highly complex plan devised by the greatest mind of the last 70 years, Donald Trump. He's just playing all the non-believers when in reality he has it all under control because he is 5 steps ahead of even ''THE BEST PEOPLE'' he can find to advise him.

dono about all that
but the orange one was able to beat hrc for potus, that seems super duper highly complex

I dunno... the way some of you talk about how inept, corrupted, confused and/or incoherent she must be, I imagine a one legged, cross-eyed, mentally deranged baboon could've beaten her.

Wait.....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

but the orange one was able to beat hrc for potus, that seems super duper highly complex

A different notion here? Yes, he won the election. Why? Because of two things. An opposition force. Bannon et al, organized themselves around him and used him as a wedge to push their way into the higher echelons of the political sphere. They had a much better comprehension of the mood of many Americans than the doofish Democrats They not only knew more about the American mood they also knew to a larger degree then the Dems. how to manipulate that mood, and they did it well enough to win the electoral college in all the smaller states.

Donald Trump has been nothing but a tool from the start.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 22 Mar 2018 15:19:12 -0500Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:19:12 -050018032018-03-22T15:19:12-05:00300000019 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Given the fact the SC was illegally appointed lends more weight to it needing to be stopped.

Speaking of...has that issue that manafort brought up about the sc been heard yet?
it would be a shame if a federal judge ended muellers investigation before trump had an opportunity to meet with him

link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: carewemust

Dowd was against President Trump sitting down personally with Bob Mueller. The president wants to sit down personally with Bob Mueller. In business if your lawyer does not agree with you he has to go.

Why would Dowd not want Trump to sit down with Robert Mueller?

Without Dowd there, I suppose Trump will perhaps skip golf this weekend and meet with the Special Counsel for a couple hours?

From what I'm hearing Dowd thought that Mueller was trying to catch president Trump in a trap.

President Trump wants to meet with Mueller as soon as possible and answer whatever questions Mueller has.

I would want to do the same thing. Answer honestly and let the chips fall where they may.

edit on 3/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

That is because Mueller is in fact on a fishing expedition for a crime that does not exist. The disagreement came with Trumps willingness to be interviewed by Mueller. Trump sees it as being open and honest with the SC and has nothing to hide. His former lawyer was against it and rightfully so given Mueller's history.

The latest demand by the SC for records from Trumps business is in fact outside the scope of his mandate. The SC does need to be ended. Given the fact the SC was illegally appointed lends more weight to it needing to be stopped.

Well, seems to me, that with all this inside knowledge you'd make a prime candidate to be Trump's replacement lawyer. I would suggest applying immediately.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

lol this

Reality here? Yes, he won the election.

then this

Donald Trump has been nothing but a tool from the start.

awesome display of deep seated hatred

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Well, seems to me, that with all this inside knowledge you'd make a prime candidate to be Trump's replacement lawyer. I would suggest applying immediately.

That was of course tongue in cheek. However it does speak to his advisers. I have a notion that the crew that is running Trump is relying upon tweets and forums such as this one and formulating their policies in accordance. It is known well enough that this website is Trump friendly and filled with justifications and make believe that his base sucks up, so in a way, the notion that people here are advisers to him is not that far fetched.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

awesome display of deep seated hatred

Once again, relying upon the idea that it is hate that drives opposition to Trump. Yes, the old ''hatred'' by the ''Butthurt'' mantra.

However, I can amend that comment. Nothing but a tool. I can agree that he is more than a tool to those forces. He is also an egocentric, narrcissit who has learned over the years how to manipulate smaller people who wish to slop at the trough of is largess. But that was one of his best potentialities as the tool I called him earlier.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Dowd knows that long after Trump is gone, the stink of Trump will remain. Best to leave before he can not wash all that stink off.

Another top lawyer Trump asked to be council for him said no. He also knew a thirty year reputation could be wiped out by the President. Talk all nicey nice to them now, and later on, get on twitter and bad mouth them. They know Trump is only loyal to himself.

Thank you President Trump for giving us the best reality show this Country has ever seen. Free of charge to boot.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even Fox is getting the idea that the gods of Chaos have invaded the WH.

www.rawstory.com...

What's going on in this Administration is way above the heads of news media, who only are used to thinking inside certain parameters.

Many ATS members know more than they do about what is actually transpiring.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
www.nytimes.com...

Mr. Dowd, who took over the president’s legal team last summer and considered leaving several times, ultimately concluded that Mr. Trump was ignoring his advice, a person briefed on the matter said.

Dowd was Trump's lead Lawyer in the inquiry and the only "Trial" lawyer capable of navigating the complexities of law, subpoena requests etc.

The rest of Trump's legal team are largely PR and "counsel".

Put another way, Trump is now his own chief lawyer.

And put bluntly, Lawyers that are on the precipice of winning while in the national spotlight defending the President of the United States do not resign.

Dowd's last official act was to call on the Special Counsel investigation to be immediately shut down. When that failed, he resigned.

Should be an interesting next couple months.

Dowd was also spearheading the negotiations for Trump to be interviewed by Mueller. Those negotiations are largely scrapped now and Mueller might be at a stage where he just issues the Subpoena and challenges Trump to ignore it, sending it to the courts.

4 D chess bro....

Thats how Trumpets are going to spin this piece of news

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Obviously Trump is so innocent that his lead lawyer thought that Trump didn't need a lead lawyer.

Actually, if you read the article, its mainly over "advice", too much headbutting.

In my opinion, Trump is considering firing Mueller, his team are just a bit too shaky at the knees.

Nothing in the article indicates otherwise other then added gossip.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

in the string of adjectives you threw out for the orange cic you forgot one, first to beat a woman for the office of potus

some tool...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

That is because Mueller is in fact on a fishing expedition for a crime that does not exist.

If a fisherman goes fishing for fish that "do not exist", then what is there to be afraid of?

The latest demand by the SC for records from Trumps business is in fact outside the scope of his mandate.

Trump's businesses and it's deals or transactions with Russian entities is precisely within the scope of Mueller's mandate.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

What's going on in this Administration is way above the heads of news media, who only are used to thinking inside certain parameters.

Then why did Trump hire the Fox people as advisers if he is so "heads above the news media"?

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

I love that. The man felt compelled to defend the size of his dick during a Presidential debate. You hang on to the 4D chess thing though. It is HIGHLY entertaining.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
dp
edit on 22-3-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

That's why we are so lucky to have you and the rest of QULT 45 to tell us what exactly is going on in the president Camachos admin.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join