It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the Men.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: zosimov
...my (female) friend and I have stopped to help an old man change his tire before.

'Old man' is no longer appropriate, DB prefers 'chronologically ancient'.

The name 'Geezer' comes to mind.

...or something like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Two E's on the end.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

...my (female) friend and I have stopped to help an old man change his tire before.

'Old man' is no longer appropriate, DB prefers 'chronologically ancient'.

I'm chronologically challenged.

link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Two E's on the end.

Geezee?

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Among other things...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Among other things...

I've been tested. I'm allowed in public now.

I have the paperwork.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ive got a line in a song that says
"Always hold the door open for a woman
Whether is is ugly or she is hot
I dont see that happen anymore
I pray itll change but it will not"
From a song called "Stay Away"

Here in America we have lost the battle with treating a woman right. It seems all of the feminist ruined chilvery by insisting that they do not under any circumstances require assistance of any kind from a man. This is faulty thinking and making us miss a rather important part of social interactions. When you can no longer help out a woman without being scrutinized you stop helping people out in general. When Americans stop helping others it puts a large damper on how we treat each other which is then passed down generation to generation.

I dont always hold the door open for my wife but there has to be a special circumstance(hands full or something) and I dont always open the door for my lady. That being said, anytime we are going on anything that resembles a date or an important meeting of any kind my wife will be instructed to get back into the vehicle if she forgot to allow her door opened for her! Lol.
Ladies: We as men completely understand that you dont NEED assistance with your door, groceries, top shelf items or tire chainging (sorry for the sexism but seriously why cant i list things a woman COULD use a hand with without being "sexists) BUT we WANT to help make your life a bit easier because thats respect.

We need to get back to helping others every single chance that we have, male or female. Until we connect with each other again, and until we start helping one and other, the fabric that holds social interactions will be forever lost in a couple of generations.

I urge everyone who reads this reply to stop and help someone today. Then tomorrow. Then Sunday next just make it a habbit. I promise everyone that itll increase your own personal happiness. I promise you it will.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I applause your appreciation of men, and I appreciate women like you as well. I know many think that I am a woman basher on here many times, but really I’m not. I’m a feminist basher. Feminists don’t want equality for men, they want it all and make it quite clear, but then hide behind the word equality to keep the benefits rolling in at the expense of men.

Women like you in the world I do treat with total respect, holding open doors and doing whatever I can to help. It’s not even about sex or anything. It’s this simple. If a woman respects me as a man, I respect her as a woman. I have had some pretty nasty confrontations on here with women, but people don’t realize that it’s not the “women” I’m having an argument with....it’s those mouthy, over-opinionated feminists, or man-haters.

I have two girls of my own who I teach tomtreat everyone truly equal and to not rely on all of these Affirmative Action bonuses to get ahead of men in this world. I teach them to work as hard as many man and to be independent, not needing government handouts. The,reason why I get so angry with feminists, is because they are always using the government payouts and then acting like they did it all themselves.
They have organizations all over the world that help them for various reasons, Affirmative Action for the best pick of schools and jobs and get priority because of being “called” a minority....where there is no deficit of females in power innthe workplace. They get more time off from work for things like stress leave, 1 full year if they get pregnant, and for a few other reasons. Men don’t typically do this because we’re just not used to it, and at least where I work now, if a man goes on stress leave, they find a reason to fire him when he returns, for women...it’s as if they never left.

I get angry because I know this is making men jealous, angry, and eventually the bottom will break from the weight of inequality and men will start retaliating against women, as they retaliate against anything that tries to take what they have. Government help or not.

So, in essence, I am trying to vehemently shine a light on this obvious inequality so that when my daughters really get out into the world.....they won’t be targeted and hurt (or worse). I am trying to get it out there so that the problem can be rectified before these bad things happen.

Now, many women don’t think there’s a problem and they roll their eyes and dismiss it as my just being an angry man who has had mother problems or something....whatever it is to try to win an argument I guess, but I was married to a feminist, got divorced because SHE cheated on me....and the government STILL gave her all my crap, and full control of our son, I had to pay child support...she did not, and I had to report to the courts....she did not, and she even got awarded the control that I would have to have supervised visits as if I was a criminal. I did nothing wrong in that marriage, as I was away on military deployments most of the time. Yet, she cleaned house and walked away smiling, because she was simply a woman. I sent all,of my money home to her to pay bills....she used it on herself and bought cars. She stole my tax refund checks, and every month in the military I was left with only 50.00 to get the provisions I needed to live.

So you see, I gave her literally everything while married, she just took it all, cheated several times with several men, and when “I” asked for a divorce, we went to court and the female judge gave her....not half....but everything I owned. I had a box of books awarded to me, that I had bought myself...a box of relationship books that obviously didn’t work.

So, again, I applauded you for being a REAL woman, and not just another feminist who calls themselves women, and hides behind women like you, just to drive their agenda. I can tell that you truly want equality for both women and men, and knownthat mutual respect comes from it naturally if both parties truly treat each other equal....and to all of those on this forum that think I hate women...you’re wrong. I simply hate feminists and those who defend and make excuses for them. That includes those traitors “so called” White Knights”. They’re the most ignorant of all.

I respect you as a female, and I am glad that there are still a few left like you in this world. I’ll continue holding the door for women, and doing other things, until I meet that one that says “I can open a door, I’m not stupid” or “I don’t need a man to open a door for me, I’m not the weakling you think I am”....to which I will (again) slam the door in her face, and make her open it for herself.

Respect to you and other women who view men as human beings, and not launchpad for their own greed and selfishness.
edit on 23-3-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is actually a fascinating topic, society is evolving and old stereotypes are fast decaying.

Common courtesy isn't so common now and personally I think to blame our gender roles or feminism is too easy of a task, it's a little more complicated than that.

Because what I've noticed over the years is roles are changing, I wouldn't say people are lost but I would say people can be somewhat confused about their role, their place within the world.

Growing up I kept seeing people fearful of each other or the unknown, people tend to stick to what they know... I mean, change gender to class and we'll see similar kinds of conflict, misunderstandings and sheepish attitude.

At the end of the day though manners cost nothing, positive interaction will always be preferable regardless of gender and even if it all goes wrong and a stranger offended you... Who cares? You don't know them.

Don't let that 1/100 taint the rest of your day's or life's interaction.

For me the only thing that ever stopped me giving common courtesy or acting in a gentlemanly manner is myself.

Anyways nice thread zosimov, I enjoyed reading it and all the replies.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

thank you for the validation...got me a bit teary eyed..

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Any woman who doesn't appreciate the help is full of herself and shouldn't be rude to a Gentleman. Sheesh! I always have a big smile and a heartfelt thank you to whoever helps me in a any way. I also will open doors and get things off a shelf for someone, though I'm the one usually needing help getting something off of high shelves.

I'm all for chivalry! Thank you Gentlemen!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

edit on 23-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Likewise, when women want to help me out by making me a sammich, I always oblige and allow them to make me a sammich.

Makes them feel useful. Makes me feel valued as a man.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well said Zosimov !!!

Thank you to all who are considerate enough to open doors for others.

It’s nice to see there are still gentlemen in this world, despite the cruel behaviour they sometimes get from the radical feminists. Don’t let their behaviour stop you from your chivalry, because there are a lot of women who appreciate your gestures more than you may realize .

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

At the end of the day though manners cost nothing, positive interaction will always be preferable regardless of gender and even if it all goes wrong and a stranger offended you... Who cares? You don't know them.

Don't let that 1/100 taint the rest of your day's or life's interaction.

For me the only thing that ever stopped me giving common courtesy or acting in a gentlemanly manner is myself.

There was so much insight in your response, and I really enjoyed reading your perspective.

The above quote is such gold.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I like short wimmin.

I'll still hold the door open for you though.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wow! Thank you.

Also, Take credit for yourself for being insightful and openly showing how you feel.
I'm sure you are a great example to your son.

edit on 23-3-2018 by grubblesnert because: 'm

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What a refreshing read. I think modern feminism has misconstrued the notion of a courteous gesture into a reviled weakness. Men are simple celled creatures...we used to be ingrained with the notion that holding a door open or offering help was a sign of respect....not a sign of weakness. We were taught to hold women in high regard. When i got married.....i started a thing of buying her a friday present....just because.

Nowadays the media has turned against the trditional values and itis showing with the animosity that is shown towards each other. Case in point....i read a stuy of 8th graders somewhere.....and the boys were petrified to talk to girls because many had been exposed to bad divorces etc. Marriage in the US is at a 100 year low and the MGTOW movement is a real thing now.
Bravo modern feminist...Bravo.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm touched and humbled by all of the gracious replies.

What an excellent visual for how a little bit of recognition and gratitude goes far, and is often returned in favor.

Love it! Proof that many, many people are actively engaged in positive human connection, no matter what the tv might tell you.
And that men are awesome!!!!

edit on 23-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And that men are awesome!!!!

Personally I'm "relatively neato."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join