It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Washington flocking to Doomsday Camps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle
Just let me say if the SHTF you and your friends couldn't stockpile enough ammo to stop all the people (scavengers) that will come for what you've got. And it makes no difference how far off the beaten track you are they WILL find you.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Proxy warring is not being discontinued but intensified, with heavier drone strikes being desired by the current leadership, despite the FACT that these things create more terrorists than they kill, every single time. America still refuses to accept responsibility for its part in creating the terrorism crisis in the Middle East blaming the Middle Eastern countries and the people from those lands, for the fact that they can no longer live there, and its current leadership blames Mexico and Mexicans for the effects of the CIAs drug smuggling, black budget fluffing activities over the last fifty years, affecting ALL of South America as a whole, rather than taking responsibility for itself in that regard either.

You got that right ... right now, there is a major offensive in the works in the middle east to thwart whatever "peace" the Russians are trying to make there. They will be attacked, from 4 sides and inside from several pot holes.

The Russians have two possibilities, one is to "leave it alone" and let the west win ... the other, is use "heave force". Personally, I think the west is trying to "push" the Russians to use "heavy force". While I am pretty sure Putin is smarter than that

Now isn't the entire world, kind of "upside down" ... when the "smart" voice is actually "russian". I mean, that is totally fubar ... if you get my point.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The average person becomes a prepper and they are smart and forward thinking.
Someone from an agency becomes a prepper and they know something bad is happening.

This sums up the conundrum of conspiracy theories pretty well.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Another thread that should have been put in the Survival forum, but wasnt.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think I'll go join the cannibals and marauders. If you watch the movies, there are only a few "good guys" out there, but somehow there are bunches of crazy cannibals. And they're all gunning for the good guys.

The best way to survive is to act like a herd animal. The animals on the edge of the herd get picked off by predators, but there will always be a core of animals that manages to survive. So just "go with the flow." Follow the crowd. Don't isolate yourself or set yourself apart. Those people will be the first targets.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
"They" tell it´s about natural desasters, EMP´s, nuclear attacks, even bigfoot or aliens if that helps to deflect from the real reason.

They are afraid of the revenge of the average, not rich but exploited by the rich people, which were fooled their whole life by "their" politicians.

The good thing is, those that legitimately fear the revenge of the average people wear ties, gallows to go, so to say...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sounds like a repeat of what masses of U.S. citizens did in the 1970's and 1980's.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All that is needed to push the US over the edge is for the Petro-Yuan to replace the USD as the world's reserve currency. The yuan is backed by gold unlike our funny money printing press backed only by the might of the US armed forces. Within 5 years that military supremacy may well be challenged by China.

People think that another great depression will basically be a repeat of 90 years ago. It won't. People no longer have the basic skills to survive without electricity and digital junk. There are no longer family farms everywhere growing food but corporate giants who will sell to the highest bidder, damn any national allegiances.

Better to spend some and be ready than be caught with your pants down.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

From what I understand, is that the bond market is selling off big time. Due to the immanent start of the Petro yuan. Nobody wants American Bonds so its the Fed and central banks which are mopping them up. Countries that buy oil from Russia and China, will be dumping American dollars and getting the Gold Backed Yuan. This is no small thing, because its Russia which keeps the NATO countries warm with its gas, so if Russia says its wants to be reimbursed with Yuan, essentially you have a coup de tat on the American way of life. Checkmate?. What will all these NATO allies do as we seem to be approaching a solar minimum with snow in the Sahara for the second year, and Spain snowbound. If the elite are ducking for cover knowing that America is the big classroom bully, who has gone to war with countries that even think about dumping the dollar, they are thinking what's gonna happen this time? If America doesn't use its military it will get hyperinflation, if it does it might cease to exist in its present form.
At the moment they are weighing up the odds. Its an MP3 well worth a listen to.

edit on 22-3-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You have a pig ignorant, pathological liar of a sociopath as President of the United States of America.

We had a pig ignorant, pathological liar of a sociopath as President of the United States of America.
If you are going to post that type of "stuff" get the verb tense correct.
Fortunately for the US, terms are limited to 2
That is when the "survivalist" mentality really , really accelerated. Over those 8 years .Firearm sales , underground survival bunker sales , freeze dried and MRE sales , etc here in the US took off
Look it up before you randomly post.

edit on 3/22/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Left or right, in a shtf scenario, most of us are probably buying that ticket to the midnight train.

Let the bastards in their underground condo bunkers reap the rotted decay of what's left.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ok

This is the Grey area and the topic is "Doomsday Camps" and "do Insiders know something we don't?"

Obliquely I can make the same jump and go on about how for the last few years marketing and packaging of products are decreasing in contents and increasing in price. "Therefore they must know something we don't"

Your rant has enough merit for a thread on its own. If as you say its all out there for any one to figure out why aren't do doing your bit in getting that shovel or organizing a movement of like minded individuals to share resources to build some sort of bunker or enclave.

As so the beginning of the "End Of The World As You Know It" begins with....(Dare I say TDS)

You have a pig ignorant, pathological liar of a sociopath as President of the United States of America.

If as you say this is the case and much of your information has been common knowledge for quite a while why haven't you acted...proxy wars have been going on for at least since the 1950's.

What more do you need to make that move?
Do A GoFundMe
Start a new Cult

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've lurked here for year's, I'm familiar with most conspiracies but an expert at none. My last account was so long ago I couldn't retrieve my old account. That isn't important. I was surprised to find you can apparently only create a new account via social media, to a conspiracy theorist what a major red flag lol. There has been major changes in the higher echelons of power especially in the USA recently. many are disappearing from the public eye, those that have been the greatest and most loyal servants of the deep state, shadow government, illuminati, fourth reich, cult of Satan, new world order or whichever name you choose. Going with the theme of this thread, it has been said for many years that when these people disappear from public view, WORRY. They may well be like rats scurrying to their sewers before a major event. It could potentially just be due to the changing political landscape, old age in many cases or something more but nobody would notice most of the heinous degenerates who have, for decades been instrumental in leading us to this moment. I'm from the UK and a major red flag which has serious potential implications for me has been the involvement of the Russians in Syria, coupled by the fact that biblically that's where the end time's start. They have recently had diplomats expelled from the UK. not always granted but a potential precursor to war. Also traditionally springtime is the preferred time to start a war. France never delivered an aircraft carrier to Russia a few years ago and although I'm not sure what they actually done with it I remember talk sinking it in the middle of the Atlantic was a serious option. If another great war befalls humanity, no amount of preparation will be sufficient in my opinion but fate will be what matters. My opinions and observations only for what they are worth.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Just let me say if the SHTF you and your friends couldn't stockpile enough ammo to stop all the people (scavengers) that will come for what you've got. And it makes no difference how far off the beaten track you are they WILL find you.

You are actually wrong.

Some of us have places that we have moved to, property that we have bought that would require nothing less than an actual army with air cover to get into. Someone in the treeline with a .22 is not going to do much damage. After walking 100 miles to get here.

Let's try reality.

For instance, where I am is in a valley that has 3 ways to get in, 2 in the winter. All three ways in can be easily closed by some choice demolition to some rocks. There is a 4-5 thousand foot mountain range on each side of the valley. Walking into here in the wintertime isn't actually possible (20-25 feet of snow) and in the warmer months still has challenges (wolves, lions, grizzlies, etc)

Inside this valley is about 800 people, mostly ranchers and vets. The top to the bottom of it is a few hundred miles. We are 100 miles from any kind of city (largest one 27,000 people).

So for someone to get inside, they would have to (from the south) get through a really easy erected barricade of 4,000 tones of rock and then work their way through 100 miles of terrain owned by families that have been here over 100 years to get to the town itself.

As a somewhat added bonus, if you wish access from the north, you are going through the militia of Montana. Mom. Have fun with that.

Most of the scavengers you are speaking of are going to have a 99% death rate in the first month or so.

To scavenge here you need 2 weeks of supplies to get here.

The survivors may want to join a rural community with a will to survive.

Reality isn't like the walking dead.

edit on 22-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmmm. Obama just finished a 3 day holiday here,said he was "scoping" for his wife,possibly buying property like peter theil (sp) did a while back,he also got his residency hurried through by out last PM Jon key,who is a banker and a shrewd bugger all round. I reckon something's going on down here in NZ.
edit on 22-3-2018 by hiddenNZ because: Doh

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great!
Just when I get assigned to Langley!
Now I'm in the middle of a potential $h!t storm!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why the hell would I start a "cult" as you put it?

And as it happens, crap that comes from the same mindset as this has been happening for HUNDREDS of years, not just a handful or two of decades. You, me, the postman, have NO power to change ANY of it. Only EVERYONE in the world at once, refusing to be governed, refusing to be instructed, programmed or controlled, will prevent what is coming, and hoping for that is like wishing on a star. I am sure it feels wonderful to delude oneself into something as mundane as hope, but its a pointless endeavour.

Realistically speaking, there is no hole deep enough to dodge what catastrophe our species is sleepwalking into.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Way off the beaten track. One road in and a 4x4 is necessary in the spring/summer/fall. We have primary and secondary perimeter security as well as ground effect and motion sensors. Personally, I've developed lethal and non-lethal base and border security for countries, I just used the same technologies I used before, mostly custom designed. We chose the location for a number of reasons, distance from anything, geological resources like sulphur and the ability to create cyanide crystals for munitions (a bit of chemistry), active water sources for hydroelectric generation, wood for fuel, arable land for the growing season, one road in that can't be navigated in winter without skidoos and of course ample fish and game.

I certainly understand the scenario of populated area chaos if SHTF and all services broke down. Day one, fuel and food run out, martial law begins. Day three, the opportunists start organizing. Day seven, gangs of opportunists start preying on others in groups, martial law breaks down. Two weeks, the strongest and most bloodthirsty psychopaths create organized "tribes." Four weeks, 80% population loss through starvation and violence, many resources are depleted and roving gangs of psychopaths start foraging outside major population centers.

If SHTF, you have less than 3 hours to act and probably less than 6 hours to get where you're going. That's it, you're looking at police and military reaction times for isolating cities and closing roads and there is less than a 12 hour window. If you don't have a plan and target location, you're likely going to be one of the 80%. Maybe the living will envy the dead, who knows, because certainly life would be hard. However, with machines, tools, electricity, munitions, food and clean water, I think we'll have time for some hobbies :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Why would you start a cult? Well you seem like you need a bunker as well. Maybe a GoFundMe

I am sure it feels wonderful to delude oneself into something as mundane as hope, but its a pointless endeavour

Keep swigging beer - it'll make it better with that defeatist attitude. Where you see darkness others see there is light as well

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Only EVERYONE in the world at once, refusing to be governed, refusing to be instructed, programmed or controlled,

This is asinine. I'm torn between the level of pedantry I want to throw at this statement. Think I'll just use it all.

My son was a sociopath until about age seven, when he started listening, was able to grasp the majority of social cues from his likewise-recent sociopath peers, understood "sitting still and quiet and listening," I think that's enough. I governed that child as his father; still do, but he's capable of making his own decisions by now, and I have to trust that the systemic indoctrination (sounds scary, right?) of my child worked, and he manages to operate as a successful member of society, which could still include purchasing land and holing himself up away from the rest of society, provided he operates his own stuff and isn't killing/stealing to get it.

Here's the first paragraph of the wikipedia entry on the term indoctrination:

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating a person with ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or professional methodologies (see doctrine).[1] Humans are a social animal inescapably shaped by cultural context, and thus some degree of indoctrination is implicit in the parent–child relationship, and has an essential function in forming stable communities of shared values.

That's an intrinsic part of civilization, without which my child is just as likely to kill me to take my house when I'm not strong enough to stop him any more. And that, I barely hesitate to say, spans almost all of us on this forum.

I don't know anyone here personally, nor have I been around long enough to even get a sense of the members, but it stands to simple reason that no one (if any, very, very few) are in any consideration "social elite." It's likely we'd have other interests than these theories about, essentially, ourselves, if we were. These social elite already have the "things" more than readily available to kill you without you even knowing it. I doubt anyone on here owns a true combat-capable UAV, for example, wherein the lowly Lieutenant (maybe, but certainly lower-end officer) on the right station could snag up a half-dozen of these and effectively warlord over a chunk larger than any of our members (probably) own/control as part of a group.

If there are a dozen people on here who have ready access to fissionable material, I'm surprised. I'm saddened, as well, if anyone here has access to nuclear weaponry, because then Big Scary Government isn't doing its policing very well. But enough people do, and without an established hierarchy of control over said material, they're much worse than the modern Mad Max drone bandits.

Government is the hallmark of civilization, without which it does not exist. Even as a commune or co-op, not every single idea can be brought forth/enacted, as without a doubt, not everyone will have the same ideas on how things should go, and there will always be an un(der)represented minority, even if that minority is just one person in the group of 1000.

I like the internet, electricity, roads, plumbing, and not having to raid the nearest familiar group for breeding stock so my litter doesn't have to incest to continue on.

The problem isn't with the existence of government, indoctrination, and control; the problem is with the level of such we've come to allow. No government is as bad as an All Government (wherein we get zero decisions and so on), if not worse, for in an all-encompassing style of dystopia, we're at least kept alive by some other force for some sort of purpose; we'd still be above the basal, animal level of "kill, breed, die."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join