It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Washington flocking to Doomsday Camps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I just came across this story from March 19th about how many affluent people are beginning to prep for a doomsday scenario, and wanted to post it here to get the opinions of the ATS crowd.

The article basically descibes how a number of Washington-area professionals, some from the 3-letter agencies, have started prepping for scenarios ranging from long-term weather related outages to EMP, nuclear, or biological attacks.

Called Fortitude Ranch, the outposts promise protection and a year’s supply of food for those unable to build their own bunker. What’s more, until a crisis strikes, they are being used for prepper training and vacations.

We’re seeing members from all the three letter agencies,” said Fortitude creator Drew Miller, a retired Air Force colonel and intelligence officer, in a reference to the Central Intelligence Agency, Defense Intelligence Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Do they know something we don't, or is this just more fear-mongering?

edit on 22-3-2018 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2018 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

Do they know something we don't, or is this just more fear-mongering?

That's the million dollar question.

Maybe it's just common sense. The world is a mess right now.

That being said, I think this guy is more likely to be wanting attention to sell his book.

There have been numerous reports recently warning of EMP, nuclear and viral attacks from Russia, Iran and North Korea.

“You’d have to be an idiot not to think it will happen,” said Miller, author of “Rohan Nation: Reinventing America After the 2020 Collapse.”

edit on 22/3/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think it's happening throughout government and military. A bunch of guys from my step dads green beret team have already bought some land and are building a compound down south america way, and I watched a vice special yesterday that had a famous republican strategist talking about how he and a bunch of other people are buying (or have already bought) land in New Zealand and are planning to move.

It seems to be a common thread for people who are watching this government operate from the inside. A lot of people think it's only a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm not privy to any imminent disastrous events but I definitely would prepare for such if I had the means to do so on a grand scale. In the meantime I'll have to work with I've got, a bug out bag and at least some dry non perishable food in the pantry. Nothing for long term sustainability but rather protection from the elements and enough provisions to hopefully make it to the next meal/safe co-op location.

Oh and my grandfather (retired air force Vietnam era) and his buddies were developing and fortifying rural land with man made canals in combination with natural terrain barriers such swampland back in the 80's and 90's. I remember them always being frustrated over the local beaver population lol. It just seems like something forward thinking people do, especially those with military experience.
edit on 22-3-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

You're most likely spot-on with the book sales. Although, I've always been one to believe that when the elite or those in the know start prepping, it's time to worry.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

Back when, I was a "Prepper", only it was called Survivalist, in the 80's.

Reagan just got elected, he started the biggest arms build up in history, all the weapons of which that were developed then are in use today.

The big fear then was of doomsday, just like it was during the 50's and 60's when everyone had bomb shelter-itus.

Promoting fear thru the media makes us more compliant and especially bigger consumers.

I bought and stored a ton of survival stuff back then, what a waste. Musing now what a time that was, what a misguided lot.

Cold war defense spending and prepping for WWIII, what a waste of resources.

Be afraid, be very afraid . Now go spend a ton of money preparing for the end of the world, lol.

Meanwhile your gubment and military industrial complex is waging real war on the rest of the world. Other people worlds are ending, not yours.

edit on 22-3-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

As soon as the week after the election stories about new swaths of liberal types becoming doomsday preppers all the sudden.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I don't want to start a debate on the merits of the current POTUS or his actions/inactions/whatever we want to argue about here. There are any number of reasons why anyone would like or dislike Trump. But one thing that's pretty clear from all of the media outlets is that his colleagues in Washington largely don't like working with him. Recent threads on here talk about the leaked conversations regarding the Putin phone call and how he "didn't listen" to his advisers for, again, varying reasons. People in his staff are being terminated regularly, several people he's appointed have been removed, and so on.

Now, suppose I work as lower-level management for a large corporation. I know a bit more than the common peons about the inner workings of my company, but I'm still not privy to the "bigger picture," as it were. I now see my boss's boss's boss restructuring the company, terminating members in critical positions for reasons I can only truly speculate on, and the general state of disarray and mucking up of the status quo at my level of operations, and if I have any desire for a sense of security, I'm going to, at the very least, put out feelers for positions in other companies, if not outright take a career step backwards to get out before it's too late. Whether the company is going under or not, and why the Board is doing what it does is still my best guess, but I'm worried and so I'm doing something about it.

It seems like that's exactly the case here. These aren't likely household names booking spots at the survival camp, and maybe not even the direct underlings of the Named Figures. Lower totem pole positions don't like how difficult they see their job becoming, and because of the sensitive and, frankly, dangerous nature of their work, understandably jump to the worst conclusions and prepare as their indoctrination and training has taught them.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
And then I see this headline

"Yellowstone eruption IMMINENT: Supervolcano ‘anomaly’ triggers fears of volcano to blow" hehe

www.express.co.uk...

Im sure it's nothing. Apparently we having nothing to fear. But the headline grabbed me dang it.

In regards to "do they know something" ... these stories of underground bunkers and safe places have been going on for years and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they are preparing for SOMETHING. Who knows what, or if they are just preparing for a worst case scenario.
edit on 22-3-2018 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Something else I've always thought was strange:

Right after Batman The Dark Night Rises came out on DVD we all watched it. Then at breakfast the next morning my step dad asks me and my step-brother, what would you do if someone took over the whole city like Baine did in that movie?

We told him what we thought we would do, then he told us how stupid we were. Then he proceeds to tell us exactly how to operate in that situation, how to operate different cells and run a successful resistance against an occupying force.

He ended it laughing at us and saying (paraphrased) "I'm too old, I'll be dead by the time this happens. It's your generation that will have to deal with it! Hahaha!"

I'm not sure if he was operating on any inside information or just wanted to show us how little we really knew. But it always struck me like he was hinting at the government knowing something was on it's way, and had been preparing for it. I tried to ask more but he's like a steel trap when it comes to information.

Anyway, that's just a personal moment that makes you go hmmmm..

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Who knows what is going to happen, but better safe than sorry. I have a couple of Faraday cage rooms where I keep electronics, radios, batteries, alternators, generators, vehicle electronics, etc., just in case. Between 3 families we have a thousand acres, 600 arable, with 3 farmhouses and 4 barns bordering streams with a waterfall for hydro generators, wind generators and 2 small lakes, and the wells are already done. We all live outside major population centers so we should have fairly clear roads and a lot of backroads if the time comes, and we all have 4x4's. We have a plan at least. If SHTF, major population centers will run out of fuel and food in a day. I don't hope for it because I know life would be hard, but it is always a good idea to be somewhat prepared in bizarro world.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: vinifalou

You're most likely spot-on with the book sales. Although, I've always been one to believe that when the elite or those in the know start prepping, it's time to worry.

Well, they've been "prepping" for a long time...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You have a pig ignorant, pathological liar of a sociopath as President of the United States of America. The internet will soon be less of a free place, with all the threats that problem comes with. Proxy warring is not being discontinued but intensified, with heavier drone strikes being desired by the current leadership, despite the FACT that these things create more terrorists than they kill, every single time. America still refuses to accept responsibility for its part in creating the terrorism crisis in the Middle East blaming the Middle Eastern countries and the people from those lands, for the fact that they can no longer live there, and its current leadership blames Mexico and Mexicans for the effects of the CIAs drug smuggling, black budget fluffing activities over the last fifty years, affecting ALL of South America as a whole, rather than taking responsibility for itself in that regard either.

Then you have Russia, only relatively recently torn from the grip of a dangerous regime by YEARS of political pressure, only to be handed to Putin, who has gone about recreating the superstate in every possible way, and at every possible opportunity he gets, regardless of who gets hurt along the way.

Then you have the UK, currently in the middle of what amounts to a constitutional crisis, because its leaders of forty years or so ago, refused to obey the rules put forth in the Bill of Rights, the petition to the same, or Magna Carta, and perform a referendum BEFORE, not after, but BEFORE agreeing to hand over ANY power of any kind, including the power to make law which would be binding here, to any foreign entity. Whats worse, is that even though this point needs answering, and even though this on its own is a perfectly acceptable reason to consider our membership of the EU for the last God knows how long, to be legally speaking null and void, SOME people had to make it about bloody immigration, and we ALSO are a power which has no right to complain, because we keep electing people who force people elsewhere in the world, to leave their homelands, either through causing war there, or causing such economic hardship and exploitation there, that in order to have any chance at life, they HAVE to leave.

And then you have the EU, a corporatist crapshoot which should never have come about, Brussels HQ, or as its also known, a central location which business lobbyists and rich donors can visit to purchase favourable terms on contracts, or any other benefit, by way of backhanders and dodgy handshake nonsense. Many of those most closely tied with figures from the EU government there, are also those involved with selling guns and bombs to all the major players in these proxy wars I referred to earlier, and are also the most powerful individuals in the world, owing to their near bottomless pockets, their private military strength, and the fact that they have networks of what amount to private spies, therefore always have the information necessary to prevent their coming to grief for their sadistic abuse of the planet and the people who live on it, for nothing other than the chance to make a profit.

And you wonder why people with information are digging holes in the ground to live in? If I had a bigger shovel or a few million pounds, I would not be living above ground either.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is something I've thought about for a while now. Mainly just based on cryptic comments from different family members who are in the military or work for the federal government.

Part of me thinks that people in certain positions know what's on the way. Then again, maybe I'm just reading too much into their comments. The government makes a plan for everything, even a zombie apocalypse. So who's to say these people didn't see some part of a crazy sounding plan and misinterpreted it as something that was being predicted to happen.

Something my CIA-state department great uncle told me last October when I was home visiting was strange as well. He said (paraphrased) "You know, this will be a great country no matter who's in charge of it. Even if another country was to take over this country it'd still be great. The land, the resources, the infrastructure, it'll still be a great country..."

Now, that could be him just thinking out loud, or it could have a deeper meaning. It definitely made my ears open up.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The article basically descibes how a number of Washington-area professionals, some from the 3-letter agencies, have started prepping for scenarios ranging from long-term weather related outages to EMP, nuclear, or biological attacks.

Worse still.

They are probably fleeing from the upcoming scenario of 'Angry Peasants with Pitch Forks'.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

At least we know where to raid once we are all mutated.

SUPER MUTANT UNITE!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

While I largely agree with your post, I'd have to point out that your statement:
"You have a pig ignorant, pathological liar of a sociopath as President of the United States of America."
is an insult to pigs, who are, all things being equal, quite intelligent! Shame on you for insulting "Pigs" intelligence!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Its kinda scary to know that the "insiders", many of whom are probably members of the shadow government, are taking such extreme precautions and it does suggest they know something the rest of us don't.

One lesson the US has learned as a result of recent Hurricane events is that US cities are not survivable in major disasters. When its known a major disaster is coming, such as a Hurricane, everyone has figured out they have to bug out. What they learned after Katrina in 2005 was that bugging out doesn't work very well unless you have a place to bug out too.

As a result, for the last 6 years or so, we've been seeing the wealthy/semi-wealthy buying up remote bug out locations. Some are modest, some are 100 acres or more with an airstrip. Where I live in remote West Texas, we hear/see private aircraft and helicopters flying overhead every day as the wealthy fly in for the weekends.

No one knows whats coming, but one things for sure, you don't want to be in or near a big city when it happens. And you sure as hell don't want to be adjacent to, or even near, an evacuation route.

A stitch in time saves nine!!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Worse still.

They are probably fleeing from the upcoming scenario of 'Angry Peasants with Pitch Forks'.

Now that is a government Doomsday-scenario contingency I could get behind.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Who knows what is going to happen, but better safe than sorry. I have a couple of Faraday cage rooms where I keep electronics, radios, batteries, alternators, generators, vehicle electronics, etc., just in case. Between 3 families we have a thousand acres, 600 arable, with 3 farmhouses and 4 barns bordering streams with a waterfall for hydro generators, wind generators and 2 small lakes, and the wells are already done. We all live outside major population centers so we should have fairly clear roads and a lot of backroads if the time comes, and we all have 4x4's. We have a plan at least. If SHTF, major population centers will run out of fuel and food in a day. I don't hope for it because I know life would be hard, but it is always a good idea to be somewhat prepared in bizarro world.

Cheers - Dave

If you don't mind I would love to have your co-ordinates...so I can know where to dig looking for supplies post-event......that is if you are under less than 1km of slurry overburden......you are bang on and resonate with me...however you will need at least 100-300 people in your group and be in select locations to even have a fighting chance....you have all the fight in the world in you and your planning covers many things....but IMHO you are doomed....there are only 2 places in your Province/AB and COUNTRY which give you a shot at survival and the Royal family already has claim to one of them....you could be in one of these 2 spots already for all I know...but I doubt it.

To be situationally correct...in the scenario you described I am of the firm belief that one educated experienced determined man such as would gravitate to these dynamics could with a .22 take your things.......

Redundancy and layering are everything in every area....you need layers of defense with men and women willing to die protecting the flock.

Problem is...there is no Mad Max scenario coming IMHO...just a Noah level Global Flood scenario with its constellation of cataclysms.

No survivors anywhere so to speak....only possibly under a million humans alive worldwide.

If your Farm was in a bubble and protected your baby daughter would grow up and never find a husband because there will simply be NO PEOPLE.....and seeing or finding a person will be of great celebratory value to the group...no one will ever dream of hurting another person for fear of undermining humanity as a species...you only need worry about staying alive amongst hungry starving people for a short time then things will really get bad....and you will need an ARK or to be in a waterproof underground shelter in the right spot or you will then become part of the renewable resource called oil.Then one day descendants of those who were in the right places at the right times will consume all who were not in their automobiles like we today now do with those who came before us.

IMHO having enough food and water and slingshots for the families making up a group of 100-300 is the way to go positioned in the correct area.....dont worry about the 300, men and families, they will come flocking to food and water willing to do anything to survive....and ya gotta bring FAMILIES for various important reasons.

Catch is being underground and in the right spot...all the money and planning in the world are of little use if one knows not what one is preparing for.
Hint...Noahs Ark was built and positioned in a specific area for specific critical reasons...had it not been where it was it would not have survived the Flood....being underground where it was built would have gotten you buried under 3-4 km of slurry overburden.

Bob if or when you finally get around to wondering how I knew which Province.....if I was correct......PM me.

edit on 22-3-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join