posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
originally posted by: howtonhawky
Is there something wrong in Florida?
Long story short, I moved here like 4 years ago due to certain life circumstances (and will be leaving soon, thank god).
Yes, there is something wrong in Florida.
It really feels like this place is a vortex that attracts people who are deranged, delusional, and mentally ill.
I made a list of all the BS I've encountered down here... Let me give you some examples:
1. People moving from up north and then complaining that it's "freezing cold" while wearing jackets and hoodies in 80 degrees. I've actually seen
people wearing hoodies in 100+.
2. Multiple people who would complain about how cold weather is the worst thing ever and Florida is amazing since it never gets cold here, and then
immediately afterwards start talking about how they love the cold and can't wait to go back up north where they loved the cold weather. I'm not
exaggerating, this has happened during the same conversation. There's a strange flip-flop going on in people's heads here. I 100% honestly believe
half the people here subconsciously hate Florida but are in total denial and desperately trying to convince themselves that they're living in some
kind of paradise.
3. Woman asking for advice about going hiking when she travels to another state - she wanted to know if people take water with them or if there are
water fountains in the woods.
4. People who think trees are gross.
5. Woman who thought people who have tattoos are in a gang.
6. Everybody doing drugs. Employees doing drugs in the parking lot in front of work. Employees doing drugs in the parking lot during break.
Supervisors buying drugs from drug dealers in the parking lot. Employees getting together after work to do drugs. People carrying around containers of
pills and eating them like candy.
7. People who think that anyone who doesn't live in an HOA is "dirty".
That's just a short list. So yes, something is very wrong in Florida.