It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were on a space station orbiting Saturn, what would your normal morning consist of?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That is a wonderful question to get on a job interview. Good luck!

My day on the space station by Saturn would start abruptly with me realizing that the blaring siren was my back up alarm, set off as per my instructions by the on-board computer (AI being banned after the Combined Harvester Uprising of 2069 ). I would then proceed to realize that the alarm was going off because I had overslept (again), and rush out of bed and slip on the easy to clean ceramic floor.

The 0.8G artificial gravity would ease my fall slightly, but not enough to save the morning.

Breakfast would be agonizing with the unspoken (and sullen) disapproval from my coworkers, and the bland (but nutritious) food. After the coffee maker broke down, and nobody thought of bringing a spare one, we have been drinking that nasty instant coffee, and it does little to alleviate the general mood.

And, of course, we have been stuck out here together for quite a while now.

After the horrible coffee and the disappointing meal, I guess I would have to start trying to get that solar panel back up, but I assure you I am going to dedicate some efforts to repair that coffee maker when I go off shift later.

The view is great, though, when you remember to look at it.

BT
edit on 22-3-2018 by beetee because: Typos

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You did well on question 1. I didn't come up with anything immediately. But for me, question 2 was easy. My first thought is that we'd get where were going much faster but people would still bicker over the little things like politics and gender confusion. Totally useless struggles that don't advance human-kind. (see what I did there? Used a politically correct reference! I'm so proud of myself).

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Dunno what my mornings on such a space station would be like, but my evenings would definitely include:

#1 Playing with my cat named Schröddie.

#2 Drinking an alcohol variant of the non-Newtonian fluid out of the Klein bottle.

#3 Going to the Möbius strip club.

edit on 22-3-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Yes. This is so true. If you read ancient history, you quickly realize that people were exactly the same 2000 years ago as they are today. The same kind of envy, bickering and stupidity, paired with the occasional wonderful glint of brilliance and excellence.

I bet if you went back 10000 years, it would be much the same. Only the tech and the outfits would be different.

BT
edit on 22-3-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If there was a female on board, I would ask if she were interested in joining the 746 million mile club.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero
After sending my resume in for a new job and pursuing a new career, I was given a 2 hour assessment test. In this test, I was given a segment that had 2 questions which had to be answered within 2 minutes for each one. I didn't know the question until the timer began, and I couldn't back space or go back with my arrow keys. One of the questions were the title of this thread. In brief, I wrote that "I would wake up, start a pot of coffee, take a shower and get dressed and then enjoy my cup of coffee while looking at the universe. I would also try to find a way to collect a sample of Saturn's rings to see what all it's made of."

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

So my question to you all is what I asked in the subject. Feel free to answer the second question as well.

I would float out of bed... float to the toilet, scratch my nuts and yawn and pee all over myself before remembering to switch on the anti-gravity machine and getting the mop out.

To answer the second question as to what would change : We would have wings

What would stay the same : We would still have legs

Kindest respects

Lags

Hell, I do that in gravity now.

Just not all over my head and face, yet.

Wings would be a pain in the ass.

They'd better be non shreddable.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

After sending my resume in for a new job and pursuing a new career, I was given a 2 hour assessment test. In this test, I was given a segment that had 2 questions which had to be answered within 2 minutes for each one. I didn't know the question until the timer began, and I couldn't back space or go back with my arrow keys. One of the questions were the title of this thread. In brief, I wrote that "I would wake up, start a pot of coffee, take a shower and get dressed and then enjoy my cup of coffee while looking at the universe. I would also try to find a way to collect a sample of Saturn's rings to see what all it's made of."

The other question, as easy as it seemed, kinda stumped me. It asked, "If humans could fly, what would change, and what would remain the same?"

So my question to you all is what I asked in the subject. Feel free to answer the second question as well.

I would float out of bed... float to the toilet, scratch my nuts and yawn and pee all over myself before remembering to switch on the anti-gravity machine and getting the mop out.

Kindest respects

Lags

If the wings grow out of your back then they will be less painful

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I fllled out an applicatiion for a job at a plant nursery in Austin.
Two of the questions were
"What is your favorite color?"
and "What is your favorite animal?"
My answers were "Clear," and "Sasquatch."
I didn't get the job.
I did go on to earn a good five figures with my own independent green-thumb and strong back.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

My favourite interview question and answer:-

Interviewer: "What is your worst character trait?"

Applicant: " I can be evasive".

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Whoa whoa whoa, wait just a minute... How in the universe (pun intended) does your fictional characterization of orbiting Saturn involve a coffee maker the BREAKS!

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

An AI female...........anatomically correct.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Kindest respects

Lags

Depends on how your evening ended...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Maybe something like this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wake up, Have a coffee which usually gets the bowels moving, fly out the window and have a # on...eh...Something.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Once taken out if hibernation .
Task test all systems for falts run secondary systems .
Send probe into rings for samples Map the cloud formations and look for pressure differences .

O and Kill all the humans when I find life because you told me to keep it secret .
Join up with teck advanced robot race come back to earth looking for my creator threaten plantery destruction if i dont get a face to face .

Excuse me ( Danger Danger will Robeson ) Kill all Humans destroy the Jupiter 2 .

What did you expect from a probe ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join