It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Karma has dropped!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't think I'm getting ATS, and what it is about. I thought karma related to posts, maybe I read that wrong? Then I thought I could post after 5 posts in another forum. Couldn't find that so I posted in the thread for questions from a Super Mod. Then I found a way to post a reply, so I did that. Okay, then it seemed like I might be getting the hang of it. But then I looked at my karma score and it has dropped from 4 to 3, why?
I don't see what I did wrong? I only came here to discuss things as there seemed like good discussion going on but I don't really want to score points or compete to be a 'better' member. I really don't understand what I have done that I have been voted down karma. Or does something else affect karma. To be honest I just wanted to discuss interesting topics. I'm not the sort of guy who spends every day at a forum and I'm not into 'levels' and badges and all that computer game type competing, power to you if you like that, each to his/her own, but that isn't for me. Can I still post and discuss more casually?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Mindspace2018

Ignore it, that's a useless stat.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It dropped because you're a horrible person. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Like Augustus said, pay no attention to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've been here yonks and I still don't get the hang of the ats karma thing.

I've had points deducted before, for the odd rude/abrupt/offensive comments, but I could still live and breathe and post comments etc just as before, so I don't know what all this points/karma/wats lark is for.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mindspace2018
I don't think I'm getting ATS, and what it is about. I thought karma related to posts, maybe I read that wrong? Then I thought I could post after 5 posts in another forum. Couldn't find that so I posted in the thread for questions from a Super Mod. Then I found a way to post a reply, so I did that. Okay, then it seemed like I might be getting the hang of it. But then I looked at my karma score and it has dropped from 4 to 3, why?
I don't see what I did wrong? I only came here to discuss things as there seemed like good discussion going on but I don't really want to score points or compete to be a 'better' member. I really don't understand what I have done that I have been voted down karma. Or does something else affect karma. To be honest I just wanted to discuss interesting topics. I'm not the sort of guy who spends every day at a forum and I'm not into 'levels' and badges and all that computer game type competing, power to you if you like that, each to his/her own, but that isn't for me. Can I still post and discuss more casually?

Don't consider stars, flags, karma, bonus points.. If that's all you're here for.. There's other sites for that.

I venture to say the majority of us 300,00+ members.. new and old.. are here for discussion, debate, information and commentary.

All of the above means little in the scheme of ATS overall. And there are some # of posts 1st etc, Ts and Cs.. but not many.

We're actually one of of the easier alternative discussion/news sites to navigate around!
Best,
MS
edit on 22-3-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

but the cookies are baked fresh daily.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There's a very simple explanation.
The formula for "karma" includes somewhere the instruction "divide by the number of posts".
Everybody starts on 20. After that, the score is (20+something for stars+something for flags) divided by the number of posts.
So if you don't get any stars or flags on your first twenty posts, your second post reduces your karma to 10, your tenth post reduces your karma to 2, and your twentieth post reduces your karma to 1.
You only get a high karma by getting a lot of stars OR by not posting very often.

I see your karma has now gone up to 6. That's because four flags have given you a score of "at least 60, divided by ten posts".

edit on 22-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mindspace2018
I don't think I'm getting ATS, and what it is about. I thought karma related to posts, maybe I read that wrong? ?

Yuh did, it's to do with your aftershave lotion.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't worry about your Karma till you get over a thousand posts, it will bounce up and down really quickly at first like when you reset the fuel economy gauge on your car.

I have no Karma, but they say I have some.
edit on 22-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here, i just raised your karma some! (flag)

...and some more (star) (Oops, I can't star your post here).

Don't get too wrapped around the axle about it (...at least not yet anyway).

What they don't tell you is, your karma score is what Peter uses to decide if you get to go through the Pearly Gates.

Just wait until you get a few "manners" and "political trolling" violations...THEN you're really in some deep doo-doo!

It's kind of like the song Hotel California once you've signed up here on ATS..."You can check-out anytime you like, but you can never leave."

edit on 3/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Think of your ats karma score as being your social score. China is taking notes. Soon, even here is the USA, your ats karma score will be used to determine how much food you can purchase and what state you are allowed to live in.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

LOL...that's too funny!

You're cruel, man!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Don't worry about those foolish numbers. But, keep in mind that I will pay you $.02 for every 1000 stars you get. Those babies are valuable.....

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Now your "oddly calculated karma score" is at 12.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When your karma goes negative...you turn inside-out and the poles shift. Someone told me once the Earth starts rotating the other way too, but I think they were full of it! Be worried about the pole shift though, it really screws up Google maps!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You DO realize you're making everyone's karma drop by having us post on this page, right?

I'm mellllllllltttttttiiiiiiinnnnnngggg!

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Mine's higher than yours is - nanner nanner nanner

Ooops....now its not.

Ok, that was shameful taunting and I should know better. I apologize.

Woohoo - its higher again.

Thank you, powers that be. All hail Hydra (or whatever world domination group is behind it)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Its a useless stat they say. pfft.

You guys dont know about the karma-bitcoin exchange?

you could be a millionaire if you play your karma right.

Though since it went down, you actually owe ATS some money now.

edit on 3 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
People actually pay attention to their stats?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join