It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out The Sky at the Mayan Ruins of Tulum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If it's a bird it's from a very strange angle.

I suppose it's possible.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The building is "El Castillo", right on the coast; I have been there several times and will be back in November. the picture was taken around noon time and the photographer is looking more or less north.

I have often noticed a lot of sooty terns and seagulls in the area; my guess is that the largest object in the sky on the left is a sooty tern with its wings outspread.

Of course, if you want it to be a UFO, then you will see a UFO! No one will know for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
meteor of war says:

"absence of evidence is NOT evidence for absence."

True.

Absence of evidence is just ... absence of evidence. You have no evidence one way or the other. However, inasmuch as I've seen a lot of sooty terns near El Castillo and have never seen any Spaceship Guys anywhere, and since it appears that no one in the photo seemed to be too excited (including the old guy in the jeans and khaki shirt who's looking in that direction), I'm going to assume it's Old Mr. Sterna fuscata , AKA the Sooty Tern.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Of course it's more likely that it's just a bird.

But unless I can definitely see something about it that shows that it's a bird I'll remain open to other possibilites. That's just the way I am. And despite what some may think it's not because I want to see a UFO. To me, it just doesnt look enough like anything to say for sure one way or the other.

I think somemore pictures of these types of birds from all different angles may help the arguement that it's just a bird. My issue is that I dont see anything like the head, legs or distinctive body of a bird. If I try to see a bird out of that all I'll see [if anything] is the possible shape of two wings spread out and that's not enough to convince me.

BTW F.Y.I. I think the quote "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" is from Stanton Friedman.

[edit on 17/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
When you crop the upper left portion of the image where the object is located and zoom in a bit you start to see randomly colored pixels in odd shapes.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Birds 100% - Although I can see the thought process after reading a lot on this site.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
lol, c'mon guys.....for the folks who are stating that is MUST be a bird, or that it CLEARLY is a bird......just stop it.

it is not CLEARLY anything that can be readily identified. we can speculate and offer our opinions til the cows come home -- and that is only proper -- but i think we need to keep an open mind here regarding ALL possibilites. just because everyones' eyes are not trained on this thing doesn't mean it isn't there. for one thing, how often do people look up at THAT angle? also, there is a lot of information regarding ufo's being in "plain site" yet going unnoticed by the general public.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

just because everyones' eyes are not trained on this thing doesn't mean it isn't there. for one thing, how often do people look up at THAT angle?

But we are at Mayan ruins.. People are taking pictures all day long. If its in any of the other 600 pictures then it is probably birds, or people would of noticed. Anyone disagree?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i agree....a telling piece of info will be if the object is in any of the other photos.....and what the object LOOKS like in the other pics. even MORE reason to not dismiss this outright as a bird OR a flying disk...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First, as I said, none of the other 600+ pictures taken in Mexico have any blips or such. There is ONE other that has a bird in it, but that is readily seen by zooming in, there is no mistaking it.

As for the person who asked how the 'blips' above the ruins in the picture I have provided were proved to be birds, again, zoom in and you can CLEARLY see wings.

I would gladly share most of the photo's from the ruins over MSN. [email protected].

One last thing, for those concerned about people not noticing it. You are standing in ancient grounds with marvels all around you. What are you paying attention to? the ground, the mouments, the sky? Think folks, please, before you type.

As for the strange pixelization of the object when zoomed to the max, I too got similar results.

The photo was taken February 4th 2005, the reason the time is wrong is exactly what the post said, the camera's internal clock was not set.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by maven19
The photo was taken February 4th 2005, the reason the time is wrong is exactly what the post said, the camera's internal clock was not set.

www.nuforc.org...
So far no one has made a UFO report in that area for that day. I do recommend you report your UFO sighting. Who knows maybe you will find an eye witness.

[edit on 17/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
how do i do that? I am new to this...hell i never thought i would have to report anything like this.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just fill out this form www.ufocenter.com....
What is really fun is finding reports on there close to home. So far this year there has been 2 reports from my area.
I was trying to see if there was one from the summer of 2002. I was driving with my wife and I seen a white circle flash above us heading east.
It looked like solid light in the shape of a circle. It was only visible for a fraction of a second. I can't remember the month or the day so I haven't bothered to report it.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thanks and done. Its now reported and I emailed the image to them.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asia Minor
How come no one else is looking? Could be a blimp.

Cameras and film are sensitive to frequencies the human eye cannot see. Could have been something stealthy. Naw, it's a Corona bottle...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
These "rods" have been discussed here on ATS. Most famously was the "rod" in a picture of the Saddam Hussein statue being taken down from a while ago. At least that was the last one to recieve A LOT of attention.

It was deduced that it was either caused by an insect flying close to the camera or a chunk of rock. I'm going to have to say that this one is either an insect or a bird. You can't judge the distance, and if it were moving fast that would give it its blurred appearance.

[edit on 2/17/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've heard the term "try not to think" too much many a times that it's become redundantly cliche, but never the less it's true..Same goes here, try not to 'speculate' too much otherwise the 'object' eventually becomes ruled out as anything else except other than what it is or may be. I believe it's a good picture w/out error and or I'll just leave it up to the fabric of my imagination.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The theory that it may be a bug is interesting and could hold some wieght. I had failed to mention that I am a semi-pro photographer myself, however this is not one of my own images as I said before.

I have heard someone else (not on this board) say that it could be a blurred bird that was moving at a high rate of speed. I could agree with this if there was ANY shape that remotely resembled a bird about the object.

However, a bug passing close to the lens is possible, however again unlikely due to the nature of the digital camera (and I know the way my uncle shoots his shots and with what settings he shoots with.) He tends to leave his camera on Automatic with the "Action" setting on. If a bug were to have passed close to the lens, the camera would have tried to compensate for the closeness of the bug and would have ended up blurring the rest of the image.

Just a few more interesting notes for you all to chew on while I go do that thing we all hate, but need to live; work.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Umbrax, thanks for your effort in your attempt's to cover what is there, or not there in a form of a bird (that's my account) but I like your outlook, it's a little more in focus.(Thought) I'm surpise that, Mr Drummer has not put his insight into this.... It still could happen, as well as other's with this concept!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
BTW F.Y.I. I think the quote "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" is from Stanton Friedman.

I don't know who its from but I'd be genuinely surprised if it was stanton friedman!

cmdrkeenkid
These "rods" have been discussed here on ATS

This solid and black object doesn't look like a rod. Rods look more like clear highly angular distortions no?

maven19
could agree with this if there was ANY shape that remotely resembled a bird about the object.

Perhaps I ma not understanding something. The ubject is roughly 'oval' or 'cigar shaped' no? Why is that not the shape of bird? The head can be held below the body and the tail could also be at an angle that conceals it. The ufo is dark, in a bright sky in a generally bright photo, so its underexposed, hence a loss of detail no?

. If a bug were to have passed close to the lens, the camera would have tried to compensate for the closeness of the bug and would have ended up blurring the rest of the image.

Sounds reasonable.

Ultimately, what do we all have here? A ufo that might be a bird. We can't say definitively that its a bird, I'll agree, but we certainly can't say with any confidence that its a alien space ship. Since birds are pretty common, and alien space ships might not even exist, if its anything other than 'i dunno', then its a bird.
But it is interesting, its there perhaps a larger file that can be enlarged with more detail preserved?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join