It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out The Sky at the Mayan Ruins of Tulum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This photo was taken by my uncle while visiting Mexico in January. It is one of 600+ pictures they took while there. This one stood out...just a bit. This is taken at the Mayan Ruins of Tulum.

What I need help with is verifying the integrity of the digital shot, and/or identifying the strange "UFO" like blob in the the left hand corner.

(I am in firm belief that from my investigation of the image that this is not a natural object. Perhaps a plane, but that is very unlikely given its shape.)

Post on friends.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
maven19, It appears to me a very good photo!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Looks like a friggin UFO dude! Nice shot!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi Maven,
In the middle of photo, above ruins we can see what looks like two raptors. Maybe the object on the upper left is also one raptor, taken on a peculiar angle

Did your uncle noticed birds or raptors on the site ?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wouldn't the planes in the centre of the picture be most likely Mexican? Or did the US sell some Raptors to the Mexican government? And if they did where are ours (UK)?

Its a very interesting picture though, im sure someone on ATS will spend a long time looking at this to see what it is. Nice find

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Just looks like birds to me...the one in question upper left seems to be a large bird, eagle perhaps, with it's wings fully spread.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
speck of dust? perhaps photoshopped image?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
sensfan
No birds there... the mass is to large. The clarity is there, if we were to consider, wings of a Raptor, there would be a fine line... look closley at the hair... everyone that Happen's to be standing near this photo... To agrue this clarity, will not prove differently in my experence in photography
Furthermore, take a look under that craft, there seem's to be a concaved(sp) depiction of it's shape.
Maven19, I would ask of you at this time just to confirm one element that might come into this photograph, this might be a factor for some, were the photo's taken right after this shot, did it appear on any of those photo's any questionable void's? Or in otherwords, did other photos have the same spot/configuration? Considering again after taking 600+ photos, I'd like to see just a few more before and after this photo... This will confirm allot of those here that may have the same thought... however at this point I 'm certain this has not been PhotoChopped!!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There were other pictures directly afterward. However, this is the only one with anything aside from clouds in the sky. To draw attention away from the objects above the ruins in the center, I have proved they ARE infact birds.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a closer look for everyone.

First it looked to me like the regularly reported cigar shaped UFO.
Then here I lightened it.

Now it looks more like a disk.

I am going to look for UFO reports in that area and see if anyone else reported the same thing.

maven19, any chance of finding out the exact day the picture was taken?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why is that supposed to be anything other than a bird?

jessemole
the mass is to large

It could just be a large bird thats not as far away as one might think. THere is no way to judge the distance from the photo

there would be a fine line... look closley at the hair... everyone that Happen's to be standing near this photo... To agrue this clarity

The object is a little blured, and the people that are the subject are sharper, but this is a natural effect of photographing something.

Also, the object is big enough for people to notice it. Yet there is no description of people doing so.

maven19
However, this is the only one with anything aside from clouds in the sky

Please post some of the other pictures. Are they immeadiately afterwards? Was the object visibly to your uncle or did he not notice it?

I have proved they ARE infact birds.

How? And what tests that passed for them failed for this?

Even in the enlarged pics, it looks like the broad wings of a large bird.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"Raptor" is also a term for birds, not just the jet...
in case some are missing this....

It'd be nice to see other pics from the roll of film, to see if the speck is there on other pics, to rule out anything on the lens, as that is the first thing that is coming to mind...especially since nobody appears to be looking at it, including the photographer...

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's birds.

Guys, if that had been a UFO, everyone would be screaming and pointing at it. The fact that they're ignoring it supports everyone who says it's just "birds."

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's birds.

Guys, if that had been a UFO, everyone would be screaming and pointing at it. The fact that they're ignoring it supports everyone who says it's just "birds."

You just like birds a lot, Byrd! What makes me believe that it is not a bird is that it isnt blury like most UFO photos and nothing else in the picture is blurry. Considering how fast UFO's move maybe it stopped there suddenly to take a look at these humans and then took off instantly before they saw it. And as you can see, noone is looking in the sky either so they havent noticed it.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maven19
This photo was taken by my uncle while visiting Mexico in January.

Even if the image looks genuine, the date seems not to match. Here is the header of the fIle:

JFIF
Exif
Canon
Canon PowerShot S100
2001:02:19 06:03:36
IMG:JPEG file
Firmware Version 1.1

Maybe the internal clock of the camera wasn't set, who knows. But why would you have to lie about the date when the picture isn't manipulated?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It's birds.

from my own experience people tend to ignore the UFOs becouse they do not "fit" into their perceptions of reality. Or they will look at it and when it dissapears theyll just go about their business like it was nothing. So this point that theyre not seeing it is irrelevant in my opinion

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's birds.

That post sounded quite close minded to me.

There's several different scenarios that could cause no one to notice the object flying overhead. First of all, it's not like it's a huge mothership of a UFO hovering above the people, it's quite small. Also, it could have quickly flown by right as the picture was being taken, and someone may have noticed afterwards but their taking notice to it wasnt caught in the picture. Basically my point is who knows. Dont be so quick to come to a conclusion when you have next to nothing for facts.

Personally, to me it does not look like the shape of any kind of bird. Also, I see no characteristics that I can see that leads me to believe it's anything that would (or should) be flying in our skies. From this image, I'd say it's either a speck of dust, a hoax, or a UFO.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I see three vultures or carrion crows or whatever you call those large carnivorous birds flying over the ruins.
But that's just my view of the pic, it could still be an alien craft for all I know.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I personally think it is probably a coastal bird. It looks as if they are just searching for food and this one happened to be caught looking at it from a rear angle. I found this pic which is from someones online album that might be our culprit.

www.pbase.com...&framed=Y

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How come no one else is looking? Could be a blimp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join