It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Capital Punishment Must Be The Law Of The Land, What Is The Best Way To Administer It?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
For me it's very simple. In order for someone to get the death penalty they took the life of another. Kill them in the same way they did their victim or victims. If they were shot, then you shoot them. If they were set fire to then break out the gas can. I for one don't care if it's painful or not, if it takes a week to die. I don't care any more for them then they did the person they killed. I don't understand all of this concern for the comfort of a person who would be happy to beat you to death for the $5 in your wallet, and not give you a second thought. They will leave you bleeding on the street pissed off at you for getting blood on their shoes.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Bullet to the head. Swift. Cheap. Effective.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'll go with a Kenworth.

More fun.

edit on 3 21 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
How about in the same manner in which we kill our cattle?
1: 10 into here:

Not for the squeamish...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I'm sure there are many here that do not agree with my position on capital punishment but that is not the reason I decided to create this post.

No? Tell me why and what would you consider more efficient and humane.

[A] I don't have a fecking clue as to what stance you have on CP.

[B] There is no such thing as Humane execution.
edit on 21-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the input. It's all interesting to say the least with some actually being quite humorous. I don't particularly have any vengeance embedded in my beliefs but do see the need to deter and just generally eliminate deserving people from our society. Get rid of them and don't look back.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Leonidas
I would rather criminals worthy of the death penalty having to stay in prison for the entirety of their lives. That seems more punishment to me. Keep them alive in a box for decades.

%$#@ 'em...

I disagree. Bleeding hearts in society have forced the system to give prisoners too many creature comforts. Last I read, it costs (natl ave) $35,000 a year to take care of each one.

For people who kill children, or commit a mass killing, they should be put in a "place" where any adult who wants to, can enter and throw one item at him. Can anyone live through that for long, do you think?

lol at creature comforts in prison, and your math is backward...apparently it actually costs more to execute prisoners.

What cost more are the YEARS of litigation that public defenders must mount in an attempt to prevent the execution, in addition to the daily "care" that the prisoner costs society. If a death sentence is rendered, carry it out within a given number of weeks...not YEARS.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I like lions or tigers. But hungry rats would be good too.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

My position is that I do not oppose it and any means of getting rid of deserving individuals that doesn't torture them in the process is humane.

Is that explanation sufficient?
edit on 21-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
if you kill you die that seems fair enough .....do i need a second line

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i would say no to quickly killing ... unless they confess or there some real proof ... remember how many people dna testing set free

and as for method guillotine its cheap effective no drugs or doctores needed

as to the ones that wana go all savage on people wana go n look up what some of the people on death row did ... you wana do that to someone are u that sick that you could do things like that to another human ... u wana be like btk u wana go tie btk down n cut him into pices whall hes still alive anyone wou could do something like that and sleep at night belongs in the same cell

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
i would say no to quickly killing ... unless they confess or there some real proof ... remember how many people dna testing set free

and as for method guillotine its cheap effective no drugs or doctores needed

as to the ones that wana go all savage on people wana go n look up what some of the people on death row did ... you wana do that to someone are u that sick that you could do things like that to another human ... u wana be like btk u wana go tie btk down n cut him into pices whall hes still alive anyone wou could do something like that and sleep at night belongs in the same cell

Drive frozen ribeyes through their chest with a Tesla.

Or a wooden steak.

Made of 3 woods.

They kilt someone in a horrible manner.

Chop the #er up.

And not 50 yrs later.

edit on 3 22 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Here is the MOST humane method known to man!

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Let's kill in a humane way that people use to kill themselves everyday....

Heroin overdose.

It is cheap, and they go out on the nod....not feeling anything but happy.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Leonidas
I would rather criminals worthy of the death penalty having to stay in prison for the entirety of their lives. That seems more punishment to me. Keep them alive in a box for decades.

%$#@ 'em...

I disagree. Bleeding hearts in society have forced the system to give prisoners too many creature comforts. Last I read, it costs (natl ave) $35,000 a year to take care of each one.

Wait a minute... it costs $35K for us to house one prisoner, yet the poverty rate set by the government for a family of 4 (which is used to determine government assistance) is set at a $25K average...that's messed up.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services develops their Federal Poverty Guideline income thresholds based on the official poverty measure estimates. These income thresholds are used to determine eligibility for federal safety net programs, such as Medicaid or WIC.

So, they expect 4 non-incarcerated people to survive on less than they pay for one prisoner. Wow. I don't think that's right...someone tell me I got it wrong please...

Thanks,
blend

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Firing squad or hanging. Both methods are quick and effective and they don’t require drugs bought from some third party corporation.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't necessarily beieve in the death penality, most of the time.

But I'm sick and tired of seeing the courts ruling in favor of these mass murderers, such as the Colorado movie theater
mass murderer who was spared the death penality because his lawyers convinced the jury that he was mentally ill!

Mentally ill? - We are all mentally ill for allowing these TERRORISTS, and thats what they are they are terrorists.

You want to stop the school shootings [next time it may be bombings - as we've seen by the bombings in Texas.]
then you try these terrorists as 'enemy combatants' and you try them under the auspicies of a military court
- And with rare exceptions there will be a mandatory death penality.

And how should we execute them? - It doesn't matter how as long as it is done publicly as it was in the old West

Crude and barbaric you say? - NO, what's crude and barbaric is allowing these mass murdering terrortist to get away
with it and then to spend many thousands, if not millions, to incarcarte and feed them while, like Charles Manson ,
they can live out there life celebrating their dark charisma.

This may not completely stop these mass murdering terrorists - But it may make some of them think twice
before they go out on a killing binge.
edit on 22-3-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I don't really care how they administer capital punishment, what's really ridiculous is how many times the convicted murderer can postpone their death sentence by protracted appeals for decades! If the evidence is overwhelming and a solid case was made to sentence the killer to death, there shouldn't be no reason why these evil bastards should be allowed to waste taxpayer's money to house and feed them for years. It's a slap in the face for the victim's loved ones. The killer's victims didn't have a chance to preserve their lives. Criminals have more rights than victims in the U.S..

For those who say "well there's many innocent people on death row," I say again, if the evidence is "overwhelming" or if they have "confessed" to the killings, there should be no delay in carrying out the sentence. I don't have any sympathy for murderers or criminals.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Capital punishment should be reserved only for active duty military personnel or operatives of intelligence agencies. Death by firing squad is both traditional and symbolically appropriate.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin
Bullet to the head. Swift. Cheap. Effective.
And messy. Some poor bastard has to clean that up.
Argon is an efficient and painless way to asphyxiate someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join