It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause in the Airport? Beyond the Beer Commercial ...SOME GOOD NEWS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
No, they're fighting for Corporate Imperialism & it's being wrapped in the flag so that simple minded folks, who can not grasp the fact that 100% endorsement of the troops does not equal endorsement of the misguided action, can post & endorse bullshyyyte like this thread.
It's remarkable that an adult would even believe that an Invasion of Iraq = secured American Freedom.

So, do you get any sort of paycheck from a corporation? How about from our Govt (

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
My brother in law and 3 of my best friends all get back from Iraq in March. You better f***ing believe I'll be there at the airport to show my support. I may not clap and cry like a blubbering idiot, but I'll be there to show my support and appreciation, and to take them out for the biggest pint of Beer I can find

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, since you bring it up, I do remember that commercial. I remember my girlfriend rolling her eyes after watching it, and then I remember walking across the room and giving her a very long, affectionate kiss. I was so proud of her for seeing past all that nauseating garbage.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As a matter of fact I am beyond the age in which they will take me, I know because I asked.........even though I am a US Navy vet.

My son will probably join the service when of age...all the males in my family have so far.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
As a matter of fact I am beyond the age in which they will take me, I know because I asked.........even though I am a US Navy vet.

My son will probably join the service when of age...all the males in my family have so far.

Same here. I'm a proud 'Military Brat' and most males in my family join as well.

I find it hard to believe that Nerdling came from a military family. (Must have been something like the 'Coast Guard'!
)

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, since you bring it up, I do remember that commercial. I remember my girlfriend rolling her eyes after watching it, and then I remember walking across the room and giving her a very long, affectionate kiss. I was so proud of her for seeing past all that nauseating garbage.

Peace

Nice little girlfriend. Good girl! Come on over here and you'll get a biscuit for being the best little brainwashed puppy of the litter.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

So, do you get any sort of paycheck from a corporation? How about from our Govt (

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ed, my post was directed at 'bout time'.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Be sure to let us know how much he enjoys basic!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I find it hard to believe that Nerdling came from a military family. (Must have been something like the 'Coast Guard'!
)

That's not even funny.

You're pathetic.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well, I thought it was. I must have woke up with a 'mean streak' this morning. I'm normally quite passive. Sorry to offend you, Nerdling. (Sorry to offend the Coast Guard as well. My first cousin is in the CG and would kick my a** if he heard me say anything sarcastic about it.)

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Nice little girlfriend. Good girl! Come on over here and you'll get a biscuit for being the best little brainwashed puppy of the litter.

Well, I guess she could be doing it just for me, but I never force my opinion on her and she loves me even more for it. Maybe that's a form of reverse brainwashing, but daddy really likeee! And yes, she did get a biscuit.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well, I thought it was. I must have woke up with a 'mean streak' this morning. I'm normally quite passive. Sorry to offend you, Nerdling.

I did also in a 'knowing it was a joke' kind of way............

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I did also in a 'knowing it was a joke' kind of way............

Well, that's exactly what it was meant to be. That and to get Nerdlings attention....
DONE!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I came back from Iraq, I experienced the crowds in the airport, people thanking me, it was really sad. I wished someone would just acknowledge what a totally BS invasion and occupation it was, not to belittle my friend's deaths with all that liberty and apple-pie nonsense. Soldiers are not children, do not insult them with lies.

If you really want to thank the military, sell your SUV and buy a fuel efficient car. You just may save the lives of the next generation of soldiers.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
When I came back from Iraq, I experienced the crowds in the airport, people thanking me, it was really sad. I wished someone would just acknowledge what a totally BS invasion and occupation it was, not to belittle my friend's deaths with all that liberty and apple-pie nonsense. Soldiers are not children, do not insult them with lies.

If you really want to thank the military, sell your SUV and buy a fuel efficient car. You just may save the lives of the next generation of soldiers.

I'm clapping and crying 'cause THAT, curme, was worth clapping and crying for. Well, I'm not really crying, but I'm clapping like a m.f..

Peace

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Regardless of your political stance, a company selling a product is supposed to be embraced because it's manipulating emotions for a cause you believe in? And then someone who is calling a Spade a Spade is to be pilloried for seeing the obvious!?!?
Reason is married to impartiality , you know....well, sorry, maybe you don't know that! My bad!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am amazed at some of the vitriol this thread has incited.

The soldiers coming back should be applauded.

No matter what you think of American foreign policy or of the Bush administration, they had nothing to do with it.

Most of the troops were already in the army before Bush stated his pre-emptive war doctrine. They cannot be blamed for doing their duty, even if they were sent there by lies.

The troops don't deserve scorn, they only deserve our honor and praise for being willing to sacrifice everything for their country.

I am against the Bush administration and most of the congress and house for backing him up.
The troops do their job regardless of the politics and don't deserve your scorn, just your salute.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Coming home from Vietnam, a war that I did not agree with nor did I volunteer for, I was cursed, spat upon and completely humiliated. It is a
scar that runs deep and wide for every Vietnam Veteran. Our beloved country despised and turned it's back on us for something that we
had absolutely no control over. Old men start wars, young men die. Yes,
they signed the dotted line, yes they volunteered for service but each
and everyone of them is wearing the uniform of a United States Soldier.
You as a citizen of this country whether you agree with the war or not
do not have the right to humilate these young people. If you cannot stand
and applaud as they pass by then just keep your f**** mouths shut.
If you can't clap for the ones walking through the Airport then think about
those that are coming back in flag draped caskets! Think about their families and loved ones. Curse Bush, curse the USA, curse the flag. But for God's sake never ever let these returning soldiers feel your disdain. After Vietnam we deserved better, my generation took it on the chin, please just step aside and let these soldiers come home peacefully. They earned that much!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join