It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Harry Reid interview with NYT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sme interesting stuff here as far as how he got involved, met Bob Bigelow etc.

nymag.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

nymag.com...

Wow, I thought his medicine ball beat him to death.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

nymag.com...

take it the mudpit, there is no room for political trolling here.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Can someone summarize the article?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Basically, Reed says "There is a massive amount of evidence for UFOs that the govt and it's peripherals have, but nobody knows what it really is. Too bad the news-people don't have the resources, anymore, to devote a guy and a few months to go through the public records. Just a couple weeks ago another one visited a missile sight in MT, again, for example."

That's what I got out of it, anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: vlawde

Can someone summarize the article?

Harry Reid says there are hundreds of pages of documents from the US government's UFO program detailing incidents they investigated that are available to the public, but nobody in the press is following up on it to report on what's there.

That was the main takeaway for me.
edit on 21-3-2018 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

snip

You put more weight into this than it's worth. It's just a run-of-the-mill article about people seeing or reading about UFOs, or what they thought were UFOs. Nothing is interesting about the article. Bigelow is just another run-of-the-mill UFO enthusiast and hasn't achieved anything re: UFOs worth taking to the bank. No one has any special or knowledge of UFOs. I've been a UFOlogist since 1957 and I probably know more about UFOs that anyone who claims they do. We all get the same info because that's all there is. The U.S. government has no exotic knowledge of UFOs. All they have is what has been reported, mostly hearsay.

In the end, we don't need anyone to tell us UFOs are real, that's a given. All pilots can do is report their sightings which have never resulted in anything other than what is filed.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
*yaaaawn*

Wake me up when aliens shows up at the White House.

Thanks for sharing

edit on 21/3/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

nymag.com...

take it the mudpit, there is no room for political trolling here.

Sorry.

Harry triggers me.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

nymag.com...

Wow, thorough summary there you did, OP.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
IIRC Harry Reid and the late, great Sen Ted Stevens were the two Senators who authorized over $20 in Pentagon spending to conduct UFO research 8 or 9 years ago. The program was secretive and came to light after Reid retired. I reckon his proximity to Ground Zero at Area 51 and his connections as a senior senator provided him with information the general public is totally clueless about.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This double post brought to you by the same gremlin that has been doubling my posts for the past 2 days.
edit on 21-3-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

snip

You put more weight into this than it's worth. It's just a run-of-the-mill article about people seeing or reading about UFOs, or what they thought were UFOs. Nothing is interesting about the article. Bigelow is just another run-of-the-mill UFO enthusiast and hasn't achieved anything re: UFOs worth taking to the bank. No one has any special or knowledge of UFOs. I've been a UFOlogist since 1957 and I probably know more about UFOs that anyone who claims they do. We all get the same info because that's all there is. The U.S. government has no exotic knowledge of UFOs. All they have is what has been reported, mostly hearsay.

In the end, we don't need anyone to tell us UFOs are real, that's a given. All pilots can do is report their sightings which have never resulted in anything other than what is filed.

I'm not putting much weight at all into this. I just thought it was interesting.

BTW I didn't feel much need to summarize aside from it was an interesting interview, and how he met Bigelow and got involved in all this. The article is about that, so I didn't feel the need to go into great detail. Or I could have just copied and pasted the whole story

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
IIRC Harry Reid and the late, great Sen Ted Stevens were the two Senators who authorized over $20 in Pentagon spending to conduct UFO research 8 or 9 years ago. The program was secretive and came to light after Reid retired. I reckon his proximity to Ground Zero at Area 51 and his connections as a senior senator provided him with information the general public is totally clueless about.

I reckon his proximity to Ground Zero at Area 51 and his connections as a senior senator provided him with information the general public is totally clueless about.

For instance? And how do you know this? You're part of totally clueless public, I'm assuming.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper

snip

I'm not putting much weight at all into this. I just thought it was interesting.

BTW I didn't feel much need to summarize aside from it was an interesting interview, and how he met Bigelow and got involved in all this. The article is about that, so I didn't feel the need to go into great detail. Or I could have just copied and pasted the whole story

Either way it wasn't worth a hill of beans.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I liked it and thought I'd share. Who s*** in your cereal?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I liked it and thought I'd share. Who s*** in your cereal?

Hilllary.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I would say Ol Harry funneled most of that 20 million right to his back pocket. Thats all this amounted to....

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

authorized over $20 in Pentagon spending to conduct UFO research 8 or 9 years ago.ext

That seems low.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

burdman30ott6
authorized over $20 in Pentagon spending to conduct UFO research 8 or 9 years ago.ext

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to:
That seems low.

My friend Andy Jackson here says he'd like to know what secrets you know about UFOs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join