It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEMOCRATS Now Oppose Fixing Obamacare. Are Willing to Hurt Americans for Political Gain.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lets hope your right.

All I know is that I am having whatever test I need done while I can.

I have had a pain in my colon for years and I am finally able to get it looked at because of the aca.

I am skeptical.

Burning it down to force it to be rebuilt correctly seems a bit extreme. But the dude was fighting against a team of mules refusing to budge. So i get it, kind of. He leveraged the people, which is the mistake i think. The same mistake the dems are making here.

He had a promise for something better....and has failed to even really try to deliver.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: donnydeevil
a reply to: carewemust

Puhlease, like the right cares about fellow Americans. LMAO

Absolutely terrible rebuttal.

Your right.
The right only cares about certain Americans and are pretending to care about all Americans, well at least the OP.

For years, Obama Care helped a lot of Americans and even though it was not perfect, it helped a lot of people gain access to Healthcare who did not have it before. What did the right do?, attacked it and wanted it gone even though it helped Americans and all for political gain.

Trump and the republicans are willingly trying to hurt "Americans", yet no outcry by these hypocrites pretending to care that fellow Americans are being hurt.

But I will stick with "Puhlease, like the right cares about fellow Americans. LMAO"..

edit on 22-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

It hurt other Americans like me, who saw premiums triple while services declined and increased in cost.

Its sinister what happened. The majority if my costs? Profit for a needless middle man. And its codified into law, meaning he gets his profit at gun point...using goons and guns that i pay for.

edit on 3/22/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

That's why I don't hate on anyone for being pissed. I think without the insurance companies, knowing that the ill would be the ones that profited from it, they wouldn't mind paying a little bit more in taxs to make sure our society was healthier as a whole.
It's that feeling that we are being ripped off while the society remains unhealthy that causes all the problems.

Health insurance needs to go.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just so I understand the OP's original position, the Republicans gutted Obamacare subsidies, and now that the Democrats won't cowtow the the Republican's ulterior objectives to allow for some amelioration of said gutting of subsidies, its the Democrats fault entirely?

The Democrats are the ones who made the Republican's gut the subsidies in the first place?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The aca saved mine and my moms life once already.

The Affordable Care Act, aka "ObamaCare" is the right fit for a lot of people. The problem is that the Obama Admin and Democratic Congress made ObamaCare the ONLY choice available for everyone who buys their own health insurance.

"One Size for Everybody" was the mistake.

This is decidedly false. They made a MINIMUM that must be covered and you were not forced to buy from the health insurance markets. They were not "One Size for Everybody".

Everyone had to have maternity coverage. If you didn't have maternity, you didn't have "health insurance" according to the ObamaCare law. You paid a fine at tax time, as punishment.

As of today March 22, 2018, that is still the law of the land.
edit on 3/22/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Lets hope your right.

All I know is that I am having whatever test I need done while I can.

I have had a pain in my colon for years and I am finally able to get it looked at because of the aca.

The ACA in it current form has been in effect since 2013. Why are you waiting so long to get the colon pain diagnosed?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

The Democrats are the ones who made the Republican's gut the subsidies in the first place?

Yes.. Obama unilaterally told the U.S. Treasure to pay the cost-reduction subsidies, even though Congress did not authorize the funds. That is what the Courts ruled in 2016. Trump terminated them in October 2017.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

....because I thought the aca was all hype at first and didn't try to use it.

Plus I had self diagnosed my pain as a stomach ulcer and thought it could be cured with a change in my diet.
edit on 22-3-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

I only recently found out this month that is not in my stomach at all.

I am having the endoscopy done on the 30th. Fingers crossed that it isn't cancer.
edit on 22-3-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Yes.. Obama unilaterally told the U.S. Treasure to pay the cost-reduction subsidies, even though Congress did not authorize the funds. That is what the Courts ruled in 2016. Trump terminated them in October 2017.

I can't reconcile the cognitive dissonance required to make that assertion.

In simpler terms, the subsidies existed (and whether you make the argument of legality or not is irrelevant); THEY EXISTED. Republican's the gutted them under the guise they were abolishing something illegal, then said its the Democrats fault that they had to gut them, when it was Republican fingers that pulled the trigger. Under this logic, you could argue a murderer could plant the blame on his victim for making them so angry they had to murder the person.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The Federal Court ruled that the ObamaCare Cost Sharing Reduction Subsidies were being sent to health insurance companies illegally...because they had not been authorized by Congress. Even though President Trump could have legally terminated them at any time, he waited until October of 2017 to do so.

On a HAPPIER NOTE: Today, Nancy Pelosi and her Democrat colleagues are celebrating the 8th birthday of the Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare").

LINK: www.republicanmatters.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

....because I thought the aca was all hype at first and didn't try to use it.

Plus I had self diagnosed my pain as a stomach ulcer and thought it could be cured with a change in my diet.

I only recently found out this month that is not in my stomach at all.

I am having the endoscopy done on the 30th. Fingers crossed that it isn't cancer.

I just added my prayer to your crossed fingers, ScaredToSleep. Whatever the findings, you're in the best country on earth for treatment, if needed. Hopefully, the pain is caused by a common issue that's easy to remedy.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

The Federal Court ruled that the ObamaCare Cost Sharing Reduction Subsidies were being sent to health insurance companies illegally...because they had not been authorized by Congress. Even though President Trump could have legally terminated them at any time, he waited until October of 2017 to do so.

On a HAPPIER NOTE: Today, Nancy Pelosi and her Democrat colleagues are celebrating the 8th birthday of the Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare").

LINK: www.republicanmatters.com...

Then why didnt the GOP fix the problem? Why are you blaming the DEMs when you know they have not had control of Congress since 2010?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It does suck if what is being claimed in the op is true though.

I would need more details before I pass judgement.
Like what are the dems giving as their reason for opposing it.

The op says it was a bi-partisan fix. Who were the dems on board with it and how many of them stayed or walked away from it?

Plus they might just be negotiating for something they think is better, we don't know.
I suggest we wait and see what goes into that bill before we condemn anyone.

The DEMOCRATS clamored for this ObamaCare fix back in the late Summer of 2017. A bi-partison committee was formed, and the crafting of it began.
SOURCE dtd: 9.6.2017: www.nytimes.com...

The bi-partisan ObamaCare fix bill was NOT included in the budget that the House passed this morning. It will NOT be included when the Senate votes tomorrow. Democrats opposed it, because they think skyrocketing ObamaCare premiums will give them SOMETHING to campaign on, ahead of the 2018 mid-term elections, this coming November.
PROOF: thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think one of the big reasons they are now deciding not to fix obamacare is because their buddies in the insurance companies, that they wrangled in to obamacare with the promise of riches, are now demanding a bail-out to the tune of $15 Billion. If they fix it there won't be a bail-out so screw the people, force the bail-out and rake in the kick-backs.

Health Insurance companies feel that Obama Admin reneged on some of its promises, and cost them $15 Billion in the process.

Undeterred, the insurers are now trying to convince federal judges to award them what Congress clearly denied. The companies are arguing that promises made by Obama administration health officials amounted to an “implied contract.” They were led down the garden path — but then again, so was the public.
Source: nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Dont be disingenuous and/or willfully ignorant. Republicans spent 8 full years under Obama willfully hurting the American people by opposing every single thing he did out of petty spite. I'm sure you were perfectly fine with that, so let's not turn around and be a hypocritical goon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join