It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEMOCRATS Now Oppose Fixing Obamacare. Are Willing to Hurt Americans for Political Gain.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, the thing with both parties is...they don't/won't/can't work together.
So, in that respect BOTH are just as bad.
They work for US....or so I thought....not for their bottom line.

They let the government shut down.
They bicker more than they legislate.
They don't seem to be able to compromise.

And, I haven't really forgiven Justice Roberts for his vote on the unACA

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I cannot argue with that.
unACA is an abomination. Built on lies.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, the thing with both parties is...they don't/won't/can't work together.
So, in that respect BOTH are just as bad.
They work for US....or so I thought....not for their bottom line.

They let the government shut down.
They bicker more than they legislate.
They don't seem to be able to compromise.

And, I haven't really forgiven Justice Roberts for his vote on the unACA

Kind of sounds like we have a disfunctional government. I am not happy with the actions of either party lately, but the Republicans presently are a little better than the Democrats are. It has been the opposite before, but no party ever went to the extremes with this kind of stuff as it is this election. Something major is wrong in our society.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I cannot argue with that.
unACA is an abomination. Built on lies.

And there was no cap placed on how much taxpayer money it could suck from the Treasury either. And...lots of side doors to access those funds, to keep ObamaCare alive...even when one money source is terminated.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The aca saved mine and my moms life once already.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The Affordable Care Act, aka "ObamaCare" is the right fit for a lot of people. The problem is that the Obama Admin and Democratic Congress made ObamaCare the ONLY choice available for everyone who buys their own health insurance.

"One Size for Everybody" was the mistake.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Affordable Care Act, aka "ObamaCare" is the right fit for a lot of people. The problem is that the Obama Admin and Democratic Congress made ObamaCare the ONLY choice available for everyone who buys their own health insurance.

This is decidedly false. They made a MINIMUM that must be covered and you were not forced to buy from the health insurance markets. They were not "One Size for Everybody".

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

It does suck if what is being claimed in the op is true though.

I would need more details before I pass judgement.
Like what are the dems giving as their reason for opposing it.

The op says it was a bi-partisan fix. Who were the dems on board with it and how many of them stayed or walked away from it?

Plus they might just be negotiating for something they think is better, we don't know.
I suggest we wait and see what goes into that bill before we condemn anyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Why should we be mad at the democrats when this is all the fault of the GOP and Trump admin?

It seems like the DEMs are working in congress to get a fix going. It even says so in your linked article, though I have no idea where the part you quoted comes from as its not in the linked source. While many GOP states are suing to break it even more and the Trump admin keeps breaking off what ever pieces it can then blaming the DEMs for not fixing the problem they created while the GOP control the government.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

your both making good points .

Here in florida I do only have ONE choice of insurer that I can afford. It's the only insurer that uses the aca in this state. That I can find. But through that insurer I have about 7 different plans to choose from. I am not even on the lowest plan available. I'm on the 2ed to lowest just because the lowest didn't offer dental at all and I need dental.

Not sure if that is the same in all states though.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I will agree that the trump admin created a problem here.
But I think the mandate was a problem to began with.

They should have had a fix before they took it away. This isn't very smart of them to do it the other way around.
Unless we are to believe that the repubs had no idea this type of problem would occur once the mandate was removed?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Puhlease, like the right cares about fellow Americans. LMAO

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil

Puhlease, like the right cares about fellow Americans. LMAO

Absolutely terrible rebuttal.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The GOP was still in #Resist mode and couldnt get a package together. So Trump imploded it. Light a fire under their asses.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: carewemust

This is decidedly false. They made a MINIMUM that must be covered and you were not forced to buy from the health insurance markets. They were not "One Size for Everybody".

when you don't know, don't speak.

the ACA more than doubled insurance costs for the average person. It's scope was to help those with pre-existing conditions. Those are the only one's who benefited from this. the rest got effed in the a.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lets hope your right.

All I know is that I am having whatever test I need done while I can.

I have had a pain in my colon for years and I am finally able to get it looked at because of the aca.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I think one of the big reasons they are now deciding not to fix obamacare is because their buddies in the insurance companies, that they wrangled in to obamacare with the promise of riches, are now demanding a bail-out to the tune of $15 Billion. If they fix it there won't be a bail-out so screw the people, force the bail-out and rake in the kick-backs.
edit on 22-3-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

false. I have no preexisting conditions and I benefit from the aca greatly.

You are right that it helped those that do though.
My mother is one of those. She has dwarfism. No one ever wanted to insure her until the aca happened.
She has had medicare and medicaid but that still didn't cover everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

If any of our politicians really gave a damn about the people they would be talking about getting the insurance companies out of health care permanently.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Both parties have done nothing to fix the Health Care system. I wouldn't just blame the democrats. I haven't seen a proposal from the republicans that would finally give health care to "all Americans" no matter if you're rich or poor. Maybe instead of pointing fingers at a political party, we should start demanding more from our legislatures to start focusing on fixing problems that affect all Americans. I should be a basic human right to preserve your life or that of a loved one!

Our current system kicks people to the curb who don't have employer provided healthcare, puts them in enormous debt if their provided healthcare is poor, or places a lien on their home just to pay for the high cost of hospital bills or elderly nursing facility care in this country.

The U.S. expects citizens to sacrifice lives of loved ones to defend this country, yet can't provide healthcare to preserve their lives! How long is it going to take until the U.S. starts following the lead of other countries that are providing needed healthcare to their citizens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join