It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEMOCRATS Now Oppose Fixing Obamacare. Are Willing to Hurt Americans for Political Gain.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
March 21, 2018

In 2017, Democrats were LIVID that President Trump killed the ObamaCare Cost Sharing Subsidies. Billions of taxpayer dollars being sent to Health Insurance companies. As a result, health insurance premiums for 2018 skyrocketed 35%-45%, as insurers hiked prices to cover that loss of funding.

A bi-partisan Congressional commission has been working since October of 2017 on a plan that would restore this lost Federal funding, along with other measures that would sharply reduce premiums.

But Amazingly & Sadly, Democrats are now OPPOSED to having this "ObamaCare fix" added to the big spending bill that's being voted on later this week.

Why? Because they feel that blaming Republicans for current sky-high premiums, and the huge 2019 premium increases that will be revealed later this Summer, will be to their benefit. They want to head into the November mid-term elections promising Americans that only a Democratic majority in the House and Senate can provide relief.

As expected, Republicans are in utter disbelief that Democrats are willing to allow Americans to continue suffering under insanely high health insurance premiums, when the bi-partisan fix is now ready for implementation.

Republicans denounced Democrats on Wednesday for opposing a bill aimed at lowering ObamaCare premiums, saying Democrats walked away from a deal so they could blame the GOP for premium increases ahead of the midterm elections.

Congress must vote by the end of the week to fund the government, passing a massive “omnibus” spending bill that may (believe it or not) represent the last time this year lawmakers make significant policy changes. In other words, once the omnibus bill clears Congress, there is little chance lawmakers will approve fixes to Obamacare before the 2019 enrollment season begins.

Despite considerable GOP sabotage, the sprawling health-care program has continued to chug along. But the sabotage will almost certainly result in more big premium increases next year. This does not have to happen. The system could work better. All it would take is some long-needed tweaks. A small bipartisan group of lawmakers has tried to shake hands on a package that would make a couple of those tweaks, if it rode into law attached to the omnibus.
More at: www.cnbc.com...

In December 2017, Congressional Democrats unanimously voted AGAINST the Tax Reform bill that lowered taxes, increased pay and job growth, all across America.

Now, they are adding selfishness to their already callous attitude towards all U.S. citizens...the people who pay their salaries and benefits! What the hell is wrong with these people?

-CareWeMust
edit on 3/21/2018 by carewemust because: minor adjustments

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not shocked at this AT ALL!

But, TBH, if the tables were turned, I would not be surprised if the Republicans did the smae thing.

Both parties are more interested in their own hides, the money the get from lobbyists and their future as lobbyists, etc. once they leave Congress with their perks and lifetime healthcare.

The hell with their constituents!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't know why Democrats in this country cannot see how their congressmen are sabotaging the people with their actions. Obamacare was a failure, get over it and try to get something more sensible in place.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Premiums don't concern me now that Trump did away with it being mandatory. It is all a scam anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You're right about the selfish nature of the people we elect. But the turnaround in Democrat's attitude on ObamaCare in just a 6 month period of time is breathtaking. Particularly since that turnaround will hurt many of the people who voted for them.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Not shocked at this AT ALL!

But, TBH, if the tables were turned, I would not be surprised if the Republicans did the smae thing.

Both parties are more interested in their own hides, the money the get from lobbyists and their future as lobbyists, etc. once they leave Congress with their perks and lifetime healthcare.

The hell with their constituents!

I don't think the Republicans would have done things that hurt citizens like this. They have blocked some things in the past, but many times what they blocked was unreasonable. They knew Obamacare was going to fail when they originally were against it, it failed just as they said it would. We need a congress that works better together for the good of the people, not the good of their political party. Both sides have become possessed by some demon

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know why Democrats in this country cannot see how their congressmen are sabotaging the people with their actions. Obamacare was a failure, get over it and try to get something more sensible in place.

What would make most people happy is a program where anyone who wants to, can sign up for Medicare...and pay for it, based on their income.

If that had been offered by Obama, while leaving the private insurance industry alone, ObamaCare would have been a great achievement. It was the FORCING of Americans to buy a product, shaped by the government, that rubbed people the wrong way. Americans don't like being told what they have to buy.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

True.
Look at the nothing that happened with DACA.
They won't back anything Trump wants.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
0bama care was coercion, no denying it. They got you coming and going ....

"Cost Sharing Subsidies. Billions of taxpayer dollars being sent to Health Insurance companies. As a result, health insurance premiums for 2018 skyrocketed 35%-45%, as insurers hiked prices to cover that loss of funding"

and they got you there.

I am thankful for it's failure, as I imagine a large part of America is.... least the ones working and not people of leisure, government program parasites.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Plotus because: because

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is politics, and it is really not in the country's best interest.

That is why it is politics, rather than service, or patrotism, or even working as an elected representatives to help your constituants.

The dems are looking like they will gain seats this fall, if for no other reason than historical trends. They are also trying to build turnout as a reaction to Trump.

This is politics.

The dems don't want any wins by reps, so they will stop any legislation that can help people.

This is politics.

If they get the house or possibly the senate, they will propose all sorts of legislation that folk will love, just to make Trump look bad when he vetos it.

This is politics.

My prediction, explanation, and reason to stock up on strong drink and other required mood altering substances.

See y'all in the other side.

edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My Dart Board at Home has a Jackass on it , and is Full of Holes......) ........LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC !

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Don't Tread On Me ........
edit on 21-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Obamacare was never about affordable healthcare, so why should the dems care about reducing costs?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

MANDATE..............Says WHO , Not a Peoples Vote .

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The party of NO!

I really hope it comes back to bite them. Shameful.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

True.
Look at the nothing that happened with DACA.
They won't back anything Trump wants.

I can understand political loyalty and hard-headedness... but people are being totally raped by health insurance premiums. For Democrats to oppose even a modest reduction, for political purposes, should be criminal.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

People who are on ObamaCare MEDICAID pay ZERO $$. Taxpayers are subsidizing them with no cuts in funding. In most states, people who earn less than $17,000 a year are eligible for FREE Obamacare Medicaid health insurance.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why would they support fixing it?

They knew it was a flop when they passed it to begin with.

Their end goal is creating a super monopoly with the STATE being the only game in town.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

They can't see if they aren't bothering to look. They are too busy primping in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Holy crap!! '

You see Melania's eye makeup?

More ammo for the party that wants to limit.

That's gotta mean something!

edit on 3 21 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join