It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Bans DIY and Commercially Focused Gun Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: CB328

A free society depends on free expression.

Teaching people to make illegal weapons is pretty questionable, but I'm not at all suprised that you would support such criminality.

After all, human lives have no value compared to the cheap thrills juvenile asshats get from automatic guns right?

That's a very authoritarian viewpoint you espouse there. Care to restrict any more rights while you are at it? How about we force you out of your home to house some of our brave soldiers? Because, you seem to want the government to have all the power.

SMH

Ok.

Should YT allow meth lab how-to's, too?

The censoring/blocking/removal pertains to something illegal, not the false "ther comin fer yer gerns" crap the gun-freaks are hyperventilating over. If you think the illegal modding should be shown freely, then you also support showing people how to cook their illegal drugs. Riiiiight?

Why not? The information will be there, whether is is on YouTube or not. Before YouTube, that info existed, did it not? The vehicle of transmission is irrelevant. Censorship is censorship.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Works for me. Maybe they'll quit blowing up the motels and trailer parks around here if they learn to do it right.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Youtube's monetization policy is driving away content creators, though. Look at it this way, MySpace was the most visited website in the world less than 10 years ago. When was the last time you ran into anyone who still visits their MySpace account? Websites fail daily, including the big boys. Stupid, pandering decisions by their management are the leading cause of those failures.

Yep all it takes is some good competition and overnight things shift 50% or better. Funny how small shopping strips maintain while big malls and big stores go down. Not every where but thats what has happened here.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh, because everything on You tube is accurate and correct.

Where firearm maintenance, customization, and whatnot are concerned Youtube has/had some very good content creators who did provide accurate information. I'm really hoping this doesn't include the channels that have field stripping and troubleshooting videos as I've found many of those to be very useful.

So much to agree with there. Living in a rural part of Upstate NY in the foothills of Gaye Adirondack Mountains, we are subject to legislators from the urban wasteland of NYC and Long Island and in huge wake of Sandy Hook the governor and his downstate cronies passed the "SAFEAct" quite literally in huge dead of night which required that firearms are to be locked in a safe when not in use (which I have zero problem with and already had 2 safes for my long guns) as well as registering anything that the state decided was an "assault" rifle and limited magazine capacity with no grandfathering like the 1994 federal Assault Weapons Ban and literally turned thousands of us into felons with little notice. I think we had 90 days before all provisions of the new lW went into effect and I had been sitting on a couple of stripped lower receivers forever. Lower parts kits can be bought online and delivered to your door but it had been awhile since I had done a build. Thanks to some very knowledgable people on YouTube, I was able to complete a couple of builds and also teach my oddest how to tear down and properly maintain every rifle and shotgun in huge house if anything were to happen to me because there was no way in Hades I was as taking anything to my local FFL dealer for bench work for as long as I lived in NY.

Thankfully that time is coming to a close and When we move to Maine all of my friends, gay or straight, can marry any other consenting adult and legally grow their own medicine and protect themselves and their gardens with the firearm of their choosing all while getting my kids into an even better school district with lower taxes on 2 separate properties with 4x the acreage than I pay for the single home on the 2 acres I have in NY. Thanks to YouTube videos I was much better prepared for self sufficiency until the time came where I could get out of this overtaxed backwater as well as pass on that knowledge to my son.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

originally posted by: MteWamp
Just the latest in a long line of nails in YT's coffin.

Let them die.

Lol,

"The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000. 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute! Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day. In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube."

All those cat videos and kids eating tide pods, they do add up don't they.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's time for YouTube, Google and Facebook etc. to die!

I don't use Google search engines anymore, I still have google email but I will eventually phase that out.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What's stopping those that take issue with this from creating an alternative to youtube?

I mean, the free market should decide right?

Rhetorical question.

If Google wants to control the content it host on its platform - tough luck for anyone who disagrees.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

80% of Youtubes views come from outside the US, and they're all watching Americans eat tide pods.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Compare MySpace at its peak with Youtube right now ¯_(ツ)_/¯
edit on 22-3-2018 by FlyingMonkeyInSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Censorship is the tool of cowards and tyrants.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join