It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Vladimir Putin be President of Russia if?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nope. Well, unless Kyril and co managed to get the Russians to believe it's either Putin or HELL!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Putin has repressed and removed political opposition. Putin controls the media, so any messaging paints him in a positive light. Any opposition allowed stand against Putin have had very little media coverage.

Dictators ensure they remain in power, including through the ballot box. If political opposition was freely allowed in Russia then Putin and his kleptocracy would have long ago been brushed aside.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Russia's past hardships have more than conditioned it's citizens to not just accept but require a strong patriotic leader and probably will not accept anything less of them. 2 world wars of terrible sacrifice have made them determined to say, never again. They are loyal to their nation to the N'th degree. I can't say the same for citizens of the US. Especially in these latest generations we are spoiled self-gratifying brats that absolutely have no concept of personal hardship and sacrifice.

Rofl
North Korea must be a heaven on earth then
All the hardcore patriotic leaders such as Putin have proved to be nothing other than crooks and demagogues. Its always the same crap. Their families and affiliates live in luxury while the citizens live in poverty. They always remind you how they are the only ones who can protect you against a random enemy and that their political opponents are financed by foreign powers. Countries that are run by hardcore patriotic leaders are #1 in corruption and poverty.

edit on 22-3-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You could ask the same question in any country in any election. I've never believed that the people really get any kind of vote. It's all decided before hand and we are just being appeased by letting us vote.
The only time we did get a say In England was the EU referendum. The elite were so cocky & arrogant that they thought would win by bullying, propaganda and using the BBC to peddle fear. It backfired and the people of England voted to leave the EU. We'll never be asked something like that again.

I don't speak Russian or have ever been there, so I have no idea if he would win without without bullying or shame elections.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I find your thread ironic for a few reasons:

1. Considering the US' extensive history of intervention and/or meddling in foreign elections (most recently in Venezuela re; sanctioning to oppose its DEMOCRATICALLY elected leader who is against imperialist agenda of exploiting its oil reserves - second largest in the world).

2. It was posted in US Political Madness Forum.

3. The US own backwards electoral system (along with rigging of the primaries re: democrats).

Which brings me to your post:

Would Vladimir Putin be President of Russia if the Russian people were free to vote fairly without fear of political bullying and sham elections?

I've been to Russia, and from what I gathered, most seem to love him. Now, the same question should be posed to the American public.

Do you think Bernie Sanders would of won the election if Hillary didn't rob him...?

You see...? My question is based more on facts than yours...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Today I heard Putin is the most dangerous person in the world. I heard he wants to imitate Hitler's Blitzkireg to cripple the west with overwhelming military force! Just like in the video below :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
a reply to: intrepid
a reply to: Wildmanimal

originally posted by: rhynouk
You could ask the same question in any country in any election. I've never believed that the people really get any kind of vote. It's all decided before hand and we are just being appeased by letting us vote.

Yes I could ask this about any country having elections but I specifically asked about Russia?
The global "hidden hands* may play a part as you stated in global elections but with countries like Russia the DICTATOR appears to rule over his people with a iron fist.

a reply to: Involutionist

So you Involutionist and others who feel he would win are you all ignoring how this man strong arms his people into sham elections?

Are you ignoring how his people he represents and works for fear him and fear speaking up or to him out of fear of death or prison?

Do you all really think the Russian humans would elect him in fair elections?
To repeat I disagree.

They only elect him because of his control mechanisms in play that influence his win. So in short he cheats to win because he knows himself without his iron fist influences from FSB and other Russian influences that he wouldn't win...

Those that ignore that and look at him as if a great man need to look deeper within to see why you are thinking as you do.

The man bullies, kills, poisons and imprisons his opposition to remain in power that does not happen in USA.
If some of you cannot see or recognize that then what can I say except illuminate yourselves more to increase a brighter consciousness. Because your outlooks are dim...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Yes he has been groomed by Kgb for psychological warfare and by observations it works well for him.
He probably could care less about the life of any American or their family and probably does not even like the POTUS. He just knows how to run strong psychological operations on people and now there are some Americans who praise him🤔

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This thread was posted in US political madness because Russia is partially responsible for the political madness going on in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join