It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using lasers to make... Voices?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
JNLWD making prgoress

The weapon is composed of two parts: first, a femtosecond laser, which shoots a burst of focused light for 10−15 seconds, just long enough to rip the electrons from air molecules and create a ball of plasma. (Sometimes called the fourth state of matter, plasma is a field of electrified gas, highly responsive to electromagnetic effects.) The scientists then hit that plasma field with a second nanolaser, tuned to an extremely narrow range of wavelengths. They use that to manipulate the plasma field in a way that can produce light and noise. Get the interaction precise enough and you get something that sounds like a haunted walkie-talkie.

“We’re this close to getting it to speak to us. I need three or four more kilohertz,” says David Law, who runs JNLWD’s technology division. Ultimately, he wants a single system that can produce multiple effects — noise, light, even heat — and replace a wide variety of non-lethal weapons that the military has been testing. 

So we've made some progress from...

Earlier story

The U.S. Department of Defense's Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program is getting ready to test what they're calling the Laser Induced Plasma Effect, a weapon that would hit targets with a blue ball of plasma — the state of matter just a little more solid than gas — and create an extremely loud noise.

The idea here: Instead of riddling a target full of holes, soldiers could stun them with an explosive scream-like sound, sending them into a panic.

Includes video:

Listen for a "voice" in the above.

Here we see a wide variety of uses, from burning clothing to creating very loud staccato explosions or machine gun sounds (130+dB's is LOUD)

So beyond crowd control, what other nefarious mischief could one produce with a device that creates voices from thin air at a distance?
edit on 21-3-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Scary stuff! Man if we were using technology to help people who's starving to death as we speak.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So beyond crowd control, what other nefarious mischief could one produce with a device that creates voices from thin air at a distance?

Hmm, I don't know... how about #ing with civilians heads and making them and others think they are schizo? For # and giggles... or possibly as a way to discredit possible 'rabble rousers' or free thinkers...

Makes me think, what if they get it to be able to affect action at a distance? Poltergeist, anyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The first 8-bit console emulator to render by laser?

Playing Rammstein Feuer Frei without the need of an amplified surround sound system?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I can see a wealth of possibilities in it's application by intelligence agencies.

Disinfo, propaganda, entrapment, false-flags, you name it!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Scary stuff! Man if we were using technology to help people who's starving to death as we speak.

People starve in this world because of politics, not food production.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stromth

"Hello, I'm God. Yes, God. Please, in MY name, kill anyone who believes differently or looks different. Thank you, and vote for Me, or MY Designated Representative."

The possibilities are staggeringly terrifying.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Maybe all these people that shoot up a place and are claiming to "hear voices" and be under some form of mind control aren't crazy after all. If this is what they are showing the public then the real tech they have is way more advanced than this stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Excuse me while i clean my mind up off the walls

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
its not quite out of thin air though... but damn close.

This is awesome. I feel like we are witnessing a new type CD being created in that first video.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am becoming increasingly worried about this world in which we live and this is yet another nail in the coffin.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
its not quite out of thin air though... but damn close.

This is awesome. I feel like we are witnessing a new type CD being created in that first video.

Well, if you can produce a talking ball of plasma at 20-30km (12-18 miles), that's pretty close to thin air. That's sort of "burning bush" territory.

Imagine being in a squad of dissidents approaching an enemy installation at night and all of a sudden there is an explosion of sound of light and it sounds like a machine gun firing right next to you. Then after you've all hit the deck you notice a bouncing blue ball come over and say, "hi". Literally giving you instructions on how to disperse if you want to live. Squad leader gets his # together, says ignore the light, it's just a trick. The ball heads over and starts crackling as it burns small holes in the squad leader's clothes until he starts screaming and running. At which point everyone has had enough and decides to head for the hills. The blue light chases you for a bit and says, " have a nice day".

This is SciFi stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

A femtosecond is a quadrillionth of a second. Plasma is a gas stripped o
f its electrons.

So they use a femtosecond laser blast to create a plasma. They need 10 - 15 seconds to create enough plasma to then hurl at a target using another set of lasers in a pulsed phase array. The plasma ball is detonated by specific frequency lasers that generate sound at the harmonics of their tuning. A very loud noise!

You know what else you can do with a pulsed phase array? Steer it in curves, right angles even! You shoot one side slightly faster than the other (at femtosecond speeds!), and you get control of the plasma tunnel. I can't find the link, but there is a demo on phys.org of them doing that with smoke and air (?? might have even been sound) pulses.

I always thought it would be cool to make a plasma tunnel, oh I don't know, out in front of your air vehicle. Then instead of detonating it and making it go "boom!" you let it collapse behind you. Nature (and cats!) abhor a vacuum, then off you squirt like a bar of soap in water!

Tin foil hat time. What if those "horn blasts" are demos of this technology? If the Horns of Gabriel went off for 5 minutes straight you can bet you'd be running for cover!

S+F!

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
interesting thread...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Very interesting theory there.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They never stop talking. The future is murder like leonard cohen says. Sick humans with sick dreams.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
surprised this thread died out so quick. id re examin it and the technology involved. theres more going on with this than you guys have speculated.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What are you, some observer? You can speculate too you know.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I don't need to speculate. I know.

what I'm doing is encouraging you to look a little deeper into this particular subject as it came from something intended to do far more than make sound and blossomed to currently a large niche of applications I won't come out and expose but if you study it a bit you'll be surprised at how versatile and applicable this technology is to certain elements of the MIC and their black assets.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to lurking in this thread and observing what you guys figure out and speculate on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join