It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem introduces bill to protect White House whistleblowers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

A House Democrat introduced a bill Wednesday to protect White House whistleblowers, saying it would help staffers come forward despite any binding nondisclosure agreements.

The bill, called the No Disrupting Accountability (NDA) Act, comes after a report that President Trump required senior White House staffers to sign nondisclosure agreements promising not to share confidential information at the risk of penalty.

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.) said on Twitter he introduced the legislation to "protect whistleblowers from these agreements."

thehill.com...

Firstly, I support protecting whistleblowers, particularly ones that have proof of government corruption. I find it ridiculous that trump had people sign NDA's and think those ndas should be ripped up if it comes to reporting crimes.

However, much like the data mining debacle, we again see the dems push for laws only after they benfitted form the very abuses they now are worried the other side will use.

Obama punished more whistleblowers that any president before him.

Just recently, we had a cia and fbi informant about the urnaium one scandal be unable to even talk to congress because of an NDA the obama team was enforcing on him. Thats right, the dems felt that that NDA was worth enforcing even if it met congrss couldnt hear about crimes involving russians and uranium.

Strange that this congressman and others didnt bravely rise up to challenge that NDA. In fact they have continued to smear that informant to this day.

So at the end of the day, I welcome whistle blowers of any side that are reporting on crimes and corruption. I am glad to see the democrats support that when it comes to trump. No doubt thougfh when they are bavvk in power, they will fight to go after any whistle blower that has info to hurt them.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Obama had the largest Analytics corporations on his side using facebook and social media anyone has ever seen. Only when the other side caught up to the left schemes that they scream foul. lol
edit on 21-3-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The Obama DOJ used the espionage act more than all previous administrations combined, and this was after promising to be the most transparent administration ever. But this just shows none of this is a matter of principle, but of politics.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lol, the two first comments.

"But Obama....."

Come on you guys, stop being a partisan puppet. There's no left or right. It's the public vs. the leaders.

Drain ALL the swamp, no matter whose side its from.

edit on 21/3/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

"But Obama....."

Come on you guys, stop being a partisan puppet. There's no left or right. It's the public vs. the leaders.

Stop pretending to be a fence sitter when your side receives due criticism. It’s unbecoming.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The US political scene is a train wreck we have been able to view sense DT got in . Lots of words to describe it but the word integrity is sorely missing . So this Dem might be a wikileaks/snowden/Edwards supporter . probably not though .

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler...
Firstly, I support protecting whistleblowers, particularly ones that have proof of government corruption. I find it ridiculous that trump had people sign NDA's and think those ndas should be ripped up if it comes to reporting crimes.

no contract can legally bind one from speaking out on crimes commited. NDA's do NOT have any effect on the reporting of crimes,

whoever told you that an nda could legally restrict someone from reporting a crime lied to you. fed you propaganda.

the only time someone violates an NDA is when the info they share is not evidence of any crime.

the fact you actually think there is such a thing as a legal contract that aids in covering up illegal activity just shows how clueless you are about NDA's in general. and it is exactly that ignorance the dems are playing upon with articles like this to slander trump for having nda's.

i mean come on where is your reasoning skills, your logic.... you honestly think that if you make me sign an nda and then i witness you murder someone, or even just hear you talking about doing so (or ANY other crime) you think i cant legally take that information to the police? that i would be punished in some way? that any court would ever hear your case against me? how delusional.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm at no one's side but the truth.

I don't care about Trump or Obama.

link   

"But Obama....."

I think that comments such aas these plays roght into the hands of the establishment, both on the left and right.

It is a excuse to not look in to the motivations of the establishment poltiicians and media.

So we have to pretend to be outraged that Trump hired a data mining firm, because all of the dems and their media lapdogs tell us to, even though they praised Obama for doing the same thing on a much larger scale.

And now when they will be meeting with facebook and forcing them to stop this behavior, which recent history shows will just target anti establishment people, mainly conservatives, we have to pretend that is some kind of victory because it drained part of the swamp.

Well sorry, I will continue to point out the hypocrisy.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
Nondisclosure agreements are there for a reason. What someone thinks is going on at work can be wrong, beliefs are used in our interpretation of what we hear and see. Most of the whistleblowers that are saying stuff lately have just been starting rumors. Those nondisclosure agreements need to be in place for national security. People who work at trying to run our government often hash around different possible ways to do things and discuss legality and social impact of how to implement something they would like to incorporate. Often these things are discussed but never implemented, some are even just satire and there for laughs between the group just so everything is not boring. Now a whistleblower hears all kinds of things, lot of it can be taken out of context or may be taken seriously when it is not intended to be serious.

I think they should get rid of the Senators who introduced that bill, they are a security risk of our government and should never be given classified material to look at.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Reverse psychology works in all levels regardless how much power a person or group have. It's professional triggering and it can destroy organizations and kill people too. Whistleblowers are becoming mercenaries now. Lucrative but dangerous. They don't do it for free.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I see no problem with the bill.

It'll be fun to bring up when a democrat wins the White House.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm at no one's side but the truth.

I don't care about Trump or Obama.

All of it is true.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If every media was out to get me, i think i would have top officials sign an NDA too. To fix problems you have to identify problems. IF you cannot speak openly and honestly, then it makes it harder to correct the issues. Like Haiti is a crappy. If any comment will just be played over and over, like "when Stormy was doing reverse cow-girl on me...."

If Trump is doing anything illegal, people need to report that, but for day to day stuff, i understand the NDA

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Well way to persoanlly attack me!

Fisrt, I never said that NDAS protect people from reporting crimes. In fact I know that they do not stop someone from reporting crimes. However, the NDA was used to keep the FBI informant on the U1 case from reporting to congress for months or years. But I guess you are so uniformed you didnt know that. Shame you would be on here shooting your mouth off then.

Second, did you read the article I posted?

Of course not, you just wanted to make a personal attack based on something I didnt say.

The point of my post was that this bill pushed by a dem is just political, as even the article says that they already know that NDA wouldnt stop people from reporting crimes.

Hence the point of my post, this is all hypocritical grandstanding by the dems..

Yet that flew over your head so you could attack me for things i Never claimed.

How delusional.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Dem introduces bill to protect White House whistleblowers

Isn't that what wikileaks/Assange do?

Blow the whistle?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's not about protecting anyone it's about being seen on the headlines making another law that means nothing because we have 10 others that do the same thing.

Still can get fired for being an idiot.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

#1 i am not personally attacking you, it just (clearly) feels that way to you because you are invested in your opinion and thus are defending attacks on it, you are not your opinions, they are separate from you, an attack on them is not an attack on you, accept that and you'll find the truth becomes easier to discern.

#2 your thread is about free speech and not censoring people yet you are trying to label my posts as attacks for the very specific purpose of trying to get them censored. how ironic.

#3 the NDA did not prevent the informant at all, it merely frightened him into silence for a time due to the same ignorance you are operating on with this thread topic. it also forced them to determine that what he is reporting on was actually a crime, which was their due diligence regardless of the nda, thus it did not effect the case the way you think it did.

eta: btw, this "One-upmanship" you are trying to apply to your perceived hostilities just makes you look petty and small minded.

the issue at hand is not your feelings or who can hurt whos,

its nda's and there effects on reporting crimes, which is nothing, no effect at all, the topic itself then is moot.
edit on 21-3-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In a few months, Democrats can say they proposed a bill for free speech that was ignored by the Republicans and President.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There you go. Case closed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join