It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News is a Threat to the Marxist Social Order

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No Facebook should not be nationalized no no and no. I'm absolutely horrified anyone should even consider it. The news is already like a state run agency being controlled from some shadowy above. Why add to that ? You believe that will stop fake news? The controlled media already is fake news to begin with. Mostly anyway except for Hannity and Laura ingraham.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Sorry, but I fear you've kind of missed my point.

Facebook isn't a "news" source, its a social media platform on which news is presented by a variety of sources. The problem lies in the fact that practically anyone can make up a story and post it as "truth" in news and the less sophisticated users of "social media" can't distinguish from that which is "true" and which is made-up phony baloney "fake" news.

The "controlled media" presents less "news" than it presents "opinion" and often conflates "opinion" with "news".
When CNN reports on a multiple car pile up on the interstate, its reporting "news".
When CNN reports Trump colluded with the Russians to win the 2016 election, they're reporting their "opinion" that such was the case built from their inference of reports of anonymous sources. Because they report it as "news" when it hasn't been properly vetted, they're reporting "fake" news.

The reasons to nationalize Facebook are many, the news problem is the least of them. The real problem is their gathering and then mishandling vast sums of data about users. This data needs be secured.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
OP - I am not surprised you've spotted the agenda.

For those of you not paying attention, the Zuckerberg interview last night might wake you up.

During an interview broadcast on Wednesday’s edition of CNN’s “AC360,” Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated that he isn’t sure that Facebook shouldn’t be regulated and that he would “love to see” regulations on ad transparency.

The Cambridge Analytica saga is staged. What has been going on for years in terms of data mining was turned into a big scary story, then up pops Zuckerberg to fall on his sword and start the ball rolling on regulations to determine what you can read.

They are definitely pushing for it. The freedom of speech, the free-flow of information, has only proven damaging for the established order. It comes as no surprise that the politicians leading the fight against "fake news" are the greatest victims of it—well, besides Trump, who suggests no such regulation.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: TonyS

Is the US really moving toward Marxism? Or is that maybe just an illusion?

If you know what Marxism is, it's not even an illusion.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'd think fake news has strongly abetted the Marxist order, however the term "fake news" is obviously a gift to them, because it deflects from their own widespread use of propaganda.

While the People's Republic of China is certainly more liberated than, for example, North Korea, from what I hear their news is still pretty censored and often direct apparatchik spin.

Under Stalinist Marxism it was even worse. A lot of reality almost completely disappeared, and everything was fake - even Lysenko's "science" was fake. Apparently that pseudo-science still influenced the AIDS denialism of ANC politicians in South Africa as late as 2008.
www.theatlantic.com...

Or as they used to grimly joke in the former East Germany (GDR): "Tomorrow we ban the death penalty, and who ever doesn't believe that will be shot"!

Even the Western leftist media like CNN has published a lot of fake news. For example, that Saddam had loads of chemical weapons (great journalism guys - all alternative media knew it wasn't true). Or telling the world that Jihadists in Syria were liberal bloggers, leading a flowery revolution. Never even mind more pernicious falsehoods some leftist outlets have pushed. For example, that the mass rape of German women during New Year 2015/2016 was caused by ethnic German men, when the whole continent knows who the culprits were. Or that Omar Mateen (the Orlando shooter) was a self hating homosexual, rather than a self-confessed Islamist. Talk about leftist homophobia! Claims without a shred of evidence. When it comes to marriage tokenism they were gushing all over us (gays), but as soon as it comes to downplaying the role of Islamism in certain atrocities they will throw us to the wolves. Yeah, even if it means a new ideological anti-gay pogrom following a major tragedy. That I cannot forgive.

No, I think false news has actually served the leftist alliance of academia, left-wing political parties and news channels quite well.

Fine, have your delusional fun.
Unless you happen to be their target by dint of your race and/or gender (although in reality, they haven't done men or women any favors).
edit on 25-3-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"To serve well as a mouthpiece tool". The liberal media is the American version of this. MSNBC and CNN have been pushing a particular narrative lately. They say "Russian trolls or bots have been sowing anger and discord amongst susceptible Americans". That Russian trolls have spread fake news in the 2016 election. This is a lie, however. This lie is being used by the likes of Chuck and Nancy to force big tech companies to censor conservatives. I predicted it. Twitter purged thousands of conservatives, and so did Reddit and Youtube. Russian propaganda is a lie that Pelosi used as a pretext to censor the Internet and "treat Facebook like a utility". They don't want their dirty laundry being aired like it did in the 16 election.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join