It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should knowledge be banned. . re The Anarchists Cookbook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They could ban all the books and wipe the net of explosives knowledge yet the media will still say "Timothy McViegh rented a Ryder truck and filled it will diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate fertilizer to destroy the Murrah building". Not that I believe that story per se as it would take something else to remove steel columns in the middle of the building.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't see any need for the knowledge contained in that book myself. I am not looking for ways to mess people up, I am looking for ways to help people out. This is probably required reading for people who go to work for upper management in Pharma companies.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No it shouldn't be banned, but dogs doing nazi salutes should be.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I had that years ago, "The Anarchists Cookbook" and also "The Hackers Little Black Book"

Used to arse around in the backyard with my palls making Napalm from Polystyrene and Petrol. Thermite from car batteries, nails, and beakers of water, then light the stuff with Magnesium.

We never hurt anyone or done nobody any wrong.

Information should never be banned as it requires intent to put the stuff to evil, christ if anything should be banned it the bloody NEWS.

edit on 21-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
My thoughts:

building a bomb isn't exactly rocket science. folks out int he country use simple pipe bombs from time to time to remove stumps. Not to mention the enormous amount of military vets that get exposure on these things.

banning books is an assault on free speech. plain and simple. If you don't want folks taking the anarchist cookbook and making bombs, a better approach is to reduce the amount of stress we are feeling as a society, and increase the overall happiness of the population.

Of course, that isn't the goal of government.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Seems like I remember the Foxfire books being a thing in the 70s, or at least it was in Appalachia and the deep south.

I can tell you this much, the things my cousins and I got into in the 70s when we were kids, would absolutely curl the toenails right off the feet of parents today, (including me).

We never thought it was much of a big deal at the time, but something was just different then. I can assure you that we "blowed stuff up real good".

Hell, when I was 11 or 12, my cousin and I built a freakin' flamethrower. Looking back I'm just glad we got out of it alive.

Actually, I was the youngest of 5 cousins, so I was always the one getting peed on, and all manner of other crap, so I was was definitely the one with the smallest chance of getting out of childhood alive.

Thinking about it now, I should write down some of these stories. At the time, our goal was pretty much based around conquering the world. I would have got away with it too, if it weren't for those damn meddling kids...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

If you author a thread on it, i can guarantee you that you will have no shortage of us southern boys weighing in with our own stupidity.

with a case of beer, sitting in the shadow of a pumpjack in the moonlight...we did some crazy stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've read the Anarchists' Cookbook, many years ago. A waste of my time. Everything in it I already knew from chemistry or from having to improvise to have things.

It is impossible to remove guns from society. It is impossible to remove explosives from society. It is impossible to remove nuclear weapons from society. That's just how it is. Once someone develops the knowledge of how to do a thing, and disseminates that knowledge, the knowledge exists and cannot be removed. Yet, we have fools who will try to do just that by burning and banning books.

Here is the plain hard truth - and a disclaimer. If you are easily frightened, do not read any farther. Go to another thread.

It is possible to take $30, walk into any convenience store in the country, and walk out with the fixin's to make a bomb that could leave a crater where the store used to be. It is possible for someone with sufficient knowledge and resources to make a nuclear bomb in their basement or garage, given enough time. Nothing is ever going to change that. Nothing. The only reason we do not have bombs going off all hours of the day and night everywhere across the country is that people don't want to make them. The vast majority of people simply do not care to blow something up. The few who do, need to be removed from society.

These ideas about banning things and burning books, are nothing more than evil masquerading as lunacy masquerading as reason.There is only one thing that can be banned and affect society positively, and that is criminal behavior. Even that cannot be completely removed, but it can be reduced a damn sight more than we are doing today. What we are doing today, with the bans, and restrictions, and talk of both, is encouraging the one thing we need to reduce by trying to remove something that it is impossible to remove.

Why did I read the Anarchists' Cookbook all those years ago? Because there was talk about banning it.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This should be the National Anthem again.

edit on 21-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only reason I own a copy of it is for the same reason.

My son and I have 2 AR's being built for the same reason.

I restocked on 9mm and .40 ammo...for the same reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MteWamp

If you author a thread on it, i can guarantee you that you will have no shortage of us southern boys weighing in with our own stupidity.

with a case of beer, sitting in the shadow of a pumpjack in the moonlight...we did some crazy stuff.

Haha. I'm sure. I'll jot down some of our "less colorful" examples and get them up, or at least attempt to translate them into yankee.

But for much of it, you pretty much had to be there, hehe.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This old redneck will be happy to chime in. I have some pretty good war stories.

Most start with "So we were sitting there drinking beer..."

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I own a book called 'the spycraft manual' and I'm surprised it was even published.

It describes some tactics that would be deemed illegal if used by citizens. Taking down power lines, breaking into cars, lockpicking, plastic explosives...you name it. I hope it will never fall into the hands of others-it is not a book that should be available to the public, sure it is informative but it goes way too far.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the book is useless anyway, I don't believe anything in it was sustainable, especially now, you can find information on the internet, or in basic chemistry books, the name may sound 'spooky' but no one takes the book serious

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
When i was younger i went to army surplus and got the improvised mutations handbook along with other reading material.

Good stuff in there.

Best no nonsense manual around.

link   

edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post

edit on 21-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"If knowledge is banned, only criminals would have knowledge."

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It has already been banned in the democratic party.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's certainly nothing much in the way of explosive production. There are some questionable methods that might help Mr. Darwin out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join