It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should knowledge be banned. . re The Anarchists Cookbook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

having a dog do a Nazi salute does lead to criminal charges in the UK, so not sure if that's the best example of a free country anymore.

Heck, calling the author of the book a "she" instead of "he" can get you criminal charges in Canada

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No.

Same information is on Youtube,and websites.

That genie is out of the bottle, and is never going back.

Censorship IS Censorship.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
By the time I read the anarchists cookbook it was kind of pointless. I could never get enough matchheads to make a tennisball bomb, most of the other explosives recipes seemed kind of sketchy and i'm pretty sure some of them are bull#. The phone phreaking stuff was pointless. Payphones had already been fixed so they didn't work with most of the tricks in the book any more and everything in there already felt almost 20 years out of date by the late 90's early 2000's
edit on 21/3/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Because in and of it self information is not a crime except in totalitarian states.

The dumbing down of citizens , eliminating critical thinking skills, addicting them to fat and sugar, menial jobs and depriving them of self defense and information is the ultimate goal.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
if you read the " anarchist cookbook " - and still attempt to follow its " instructions " - mr darwin has a special medal - we shall put it in your coffin with you

seriously

i would re-title it :

suicide ideas - for idiots who failed chemistry

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I agree with others here whom have stated that knowledge/information is harmless. It is only dangerous when combined with intent. The danger is in the individual, not the information. Ignorant people are dangerous too.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Anyway, you don't need the anarchists cookbook when you have youtube.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I am, unequivocally, against banning books/speech/religion, no matter how awful the content.

Interesting aside that the author of the Anarchist's Cookbook (don't know if it's been mentioned) has since expressed regrets for writing the book. BUT banning any kind of book goes absolutely against my belief that knowledge is power and needs to be available to every person.

I remember when local librarians spoke out in defense of the Anarchist's Cookbook when in the wake of a tragedy there was talk of removing it from the shelves. Those librarians were my hero
edit on 21-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's nice to occasionally see a consensus here.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Better ban science classes and textbooks too.
That's were the real information lies.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's nice to occasionally see a consensus here.

Makes for a short thread though doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't worry, someone will make this political eventually.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Dang Demmycrats wanna ban bombs!

'Ceptin if they be droppin 'em.

There you go.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Dang Demmycrats wanna ban bombs!

'Ceptin if they be droppin 'em.

There you go.

Off topic.

Hillary wants to ban this book.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

yea let's ban nursery rhymes

he used nursery rhymes

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The anarchist's cookbook leaves out a lot of important steps like temperature control on making nitrate based. this is very important.

And not knowing what you are doing can make you a contestant for a Darwin award. and you will likely win.

I worked as a blaster over 40 years and would not make 98% of the mixtures found online or in the AC.

Yes i do know if a couple mixtures that are very safe to make but i only tell other blasters after i see there papers.

ISEE member.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

As kids, my buddies and myself made what you would call 'bombs' nowadays, but we called them fireworks, to blow up and sink model boats we constructed.

We made some good ones ... via trial and error. I guess we could have been more effective with the Anarchist's Cookbook, but we were good enough without it. Physics and chemistry are really all that is needed....

Banning of books accomplishes zero.

edit on 21-3-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Oddly nobody ever goes after the "Poor mans James Bond" series of books. More stuff, and better detailed (I had a series of these from when I was in the Service. It was kind of mandatory to read since we dealt with security) The "AA" is like many here have said, poorly written if anyone wanted to just follow directions to build stuff, but on the other hand there where latterly hundreds of military manuals with way better stuff in it than the "AA" had free all over the place. The Web, Book Stores, Yard Sales, you name it. The stuff you can get out there is amazing, and sometimes scary. I remember buying a bunch of books at an estate sale, only to turn a lot of it over to the DoD for being classified stuff that shouldn't have been removed from the dead guy's office (nothing juicey, just a lot of personal info of Military personal)

The point is "AA" is nothing if not a class look into what was once a lightening rod for criticism back in the day. Kind of like "Catcher in the Rye" was during the red scare.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
When i was younger i went to army surplus and got the improvised mutations handbook along with other reading material.

Good stuff in there.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They could ban all the books and wipe the net of explosives knowledge yet the media will still say "Timothy McViegh rented a Ryder truck and filled it will diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate fertilizer to destroy the Murrah building". Not that I believe that story per se as it would take something else to remove steel columns in the middle of the building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join