It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video games do NOT lead to violence. Period.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deluxe

You show me actual proof as to Gods existence and ile reciprocate, but the proof is there regarding Christianity's part played.

"wars vs non-religious wars"

When?

Where?

There has never been a major war in memory without some form of religious connotations involved at one level or another, its kind of how "They" get us to fight one another.

edit on 22-3-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Spanish Inquisition:

It's hard to say but according to this article 1 percent of the 125000 people tried by church tribunals in Spain were executed.
www.theguardian.com...

Here's another article
www.theguardian.com...
.01*125000 =

Cathar People:

Estimated 1 million deaths according to this site.
borgenproject.org...

Crusades:

1-3 millions according the there wiki article I linked in previous post.

Complacency of the Vatican during the Holocaust:

So 1250 + 1,000,000 + 3,000,000 + 17,000,000 =

21,001,250 estimated deaths from the wars and genocides you mentioned. I'm sure there are more but I'm tired of doing the math.

This is a better link
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You want me to prove God's existence?

I'm not even religious and I am not a fan of organized religion.
I just want some facts from you.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What about the countless Woman and even Men that were burned at the stake or drowned down to witchcraft charges be levied against them?

There is another few 100,000 at least right there.

It's a lot more than just 21001250, that's a given really.

How many people has Call of Duty killed again?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Fact is Christianity kills people in various different ways.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You hate Christians I get it.

BTW I do not believe video games contribute much or anything at all to real violence.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

There has never been a major war in memory without some form of religious connotations involved at one level or another, its kind of how "They" get us to fight one another.

Yes,

Its strange you say this and also that Christianity is directly responsible.

Its sort of contradictory.

'They' (religious leaders, leaders of nations) get Christians (or insert any religious persons) to fight wars.

How is the religion directly responsible yet the people that are leading and/or manipulating other people to kill not directly responsible and use religion as a tool?

You basically said its used as a tool by them for to fight one another.

Its just weird you think a religion can do anything or be directly responsible for anything without human interaction.

anyway enough about religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I don't hate Christians any more than any other religion, after all i was christened in a Protestant church.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
I've read in a few posts lately (I just came back to ATS lately, took a hiatus), and saw more than a few people who are STILL pushing the old, tired scapegoat of "Violent video games" being a contributing factor to a rise in violence.

I have a buddy that has played every version of Grand Theft Auto obsessively. Running people over, flame throwers, the whole nine yards.

I also tease him because he is near Buddhist. Refuses to kill mice in his house, captures flies with cup and paper and releases them outside etc.

Games are fiction. They are entertainment. Should anyone that likes the Godfather movies or Scarface be considered a threat?

Silly.

That said, very young children have not fully developed the ability to distinguish fantasy and imagination from reality in their thinking and age restrictions on games and movies make sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

"Its strange you say this and also that Christianity is directly responsible."

Not just Christianity but all organized religious practice.

"Its just weird you think a religion can do anything or be directly responsible for anything without human interaction."

Cant see why is religion cannot function without a degree of human interaction.

I just think the upper management of these establishments have quite a lot to answer for.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What about the countless Woman and even Men that were burned at the stake or drowned down to witchcraft charges be levied against them?

So an invisible entity called Christianity did this or were other people involved that lit the torches?

How many people has Call of Duty killed again?

The game?

None, just like Christianity, just like a gun.

All cannot do anything on their own other than exist for intended or unintended uses by......

wait for it......

People.

Fact is Christianity kills people in various different ways.

Then it must be fact that the Mandela effect does the same or basically any organized thoughts that has been given a name.

Fact is I keep falling your baiting.

As pointed out in my previous post, you cant imply religion is a tool used and then say its also directly responsible.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

"Fact is I keep falling your baiting."

Maybe in your own head. LoL

I'm not baiting anyone simply presenting my opinion. x

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Fact is I keep falling your baiting."

Maybe in your own head. LoL

I'm not baiting anyone simply presenting my opinion. x

Your opinions are baiting when you try and part them off as facts and then have contradictory opinions of the same thing.

Its baiting when in your first post in a thread about video games and violence you mention religion.

you are shown how your opinions contradict each other.

Well at least in my opinion it is baiting and it was contradictory.

Hold on..... My opinions are formed in my head.

So I guess you are right

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: yuppa

are you saying that the military has not used video gamers specifically for their skills? If you are then you would be incorrect. You will even find ps2 controllers hooked up to equipment on ships in many cases. It would be stupid for the us military not to utilize the skills of kids these days. They even used the idea in some of their advertisement at one point.

YOU HAVE TO BE A LEGAL ADULT THOUGH. you are saying kids. see where you are missing this? controlers are a stop gap for official controls or where you cant have a dedicated console.

i c your point but you will have to define what a legal adult is

the definition seems to be changing much these days

what do you mean by stop gap

from what i gathered the controllers used were a much cheaper choice for the military.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

cheaper than a dedicated control unit. a stop gap is a substitution until something better.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: yuppa

Most organized religious practice is stupid and hypocritical hence my ambivalence to believe in the Man-made crap religious texts that claim they contain the word of God.

Good and Evil are very human constructs, perspective is the key, but it's all just really shades of grey really.

Not saying all Christians are evil any more than the other religions, but 9 times out of 10 it all ends in tears, generally other peoples.

Organized parts like the Vatican and catholic church were corrupt. id say half and half. alot of it was using wrong doctrine that controlled the unable to read for themselves.
most people wrongly try to live as hedrews under OT. amish for example. unless you from israel that is wrong.
bible itself is a history for the most part. people such as witch killers were to dumb.

as you said ORGANIZED religion is corrupt,buut individuals like myself keep our faith not in the organization but in the word itself.And my view is i have 3 things to do undr the NT. jihad/crusade isnt one of them. True Christians dont force it or nag anyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

cheaper than a dedicated control unit. a stop gap is a substitution until something better.

Also in the report i heard was familiarity with the troops.

I am in agreement that games do not lead to violence but they can contribute to a certain mindset very well and overall that can be part of violence.

I also believe that it is very possible for them to create games that do lead to violence and even some they can control specific to certain users.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Let's say, hypothetically there is 1 crazy person for every 10 people in the world. Well Back in the day there were less people.

Now in 1940 there were 2.3 billion people

Now in 2020 there will be roughly 7.6 billion people

do the math, look how much more crazy people we will have on this planet, so naturally there will be a lot more crazy things happening.

So people are saying things like, why is there so much going on now days? well look how much more people we have compared to 80 years ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

I agree.

What would happen if we outlawed violent video games and add to that guns?
Would less people die from violent crime? Perhaps. I really have no idea.
But then what will we outlaw next?

Essentially we have to learn how to live in a reality with violent video games and guns and deal with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Brainwashing a person with a game you mean.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join