It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incendiary Device in Austin - Goodwill Store

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I feel like the package bomber is working in phases as it seems to be unfolding rapidly. It is a lot of work for one person, unless they have been preparing for a long time and is just basically delivering them, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Not related..
Old military momento?
What are the odds
Artillery simulator device six inches... that exploded.
SMH

So someone dropped off an old grenade?
I'm guessing like this.

Misdirection? Surely someone wouldn't be dumb enough considering the situation.....I hope.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

I feel like the package bomber is working in phases as it seems to be unfolding rapidly. It is a lot of work for one person, unless they have been preparing for a long time and is just basically delivering them, so to speak.

That's something I've mulled over a bit.

And would explain one person being capable without the need of an accomplice.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 20-3-2018 by Tempter because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I think someone could be dumb enough! It looks like an old timey shed tool, like for mashing leather or something

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...

Thanks for linking this👍

A mysterious social media user claims to be behind the bombings that have terrorized Texas in recent weeks, vowing that he won't stop until he becomes "as prolific as the Zodiac Killer."

"My intention is not to kill people. I am doing this simply because I want to watch the world burn," someone using the handle "austinbomber" posted on Reddit Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...

Modern version of a manifesto? Wow, that’s creepy even if it is a sick prankster.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...

The poster said he's "30-50 years old,"

If you're laughing at the police presence that simply cannot find or deanonymize you, why give an age range and not your actual age?

Might be a larp tbh. Reddit wouldn't be my first destination..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Some very old military device that they don't even know the name of, just artillery simulation device. Doesn't simulation indicate fake?

Looks like you found it, bigburgh, or something very similar. What are the odds...this thing sits around for years and happens to go off same day as the other bombs are found.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...

If you're laughing at the police presence that simply cannot find or deanonymize you, why give an age range and not your actual age?

If not a LARP, a trap put up by police to get someone to say "nugh-ughhhh, I AM!".

Not way this bomber is THAT frigging dumb.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

You can by stuff like this anywhere really. But they are not supposed to have explosives in them.

And it's wayyy to coincidental that amidst all this going on, that someone drops one off at a goodwill.

Theres also these.. but there new and not a mementos..
www.budk.com...

Ear-piercing bang distracts, confuses foes130-dB boom is well beyond pain thresholdLets you easily get the drop on aggressorsMimics military and police “flash bangs”Powered by 12g CO2 cartridges, burst shellsCompact, easy-to-carry dumbbell shapeIncludes 12 single-use shells, 1 reusable core

edit on 20-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Admission?

www.nydailynews.com...

If not a LARP, a trap put up by police to get someone to say "nugh-ughhhh, I AM!".

Not way this bomber is THAT frigging dumb.

I wouldn't think so either.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's why I think its misdirection. Otherwise its extremely unfortunate coincidence.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

**inquisitive look**
(Obligatory thumbs up)
👍😊

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I agree could be one person who's been planning for months. As you can see the pace continues to accelarate meaning he isn't scared of being caught. My prediction is one of two outcomes he blows himself up trying to plant a device or suicide by cop. He's not afraid of being caught at all if he did this would be at a much slower pace.

If this was a movie there would be more bombs then the final scene would be him facing off with police wearing a suicide vest and hostages. What scares me is they are trying trying create terror and they will eventually want trying let people know why.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I agree could be one person who's been planning for months. As you can see the pace continues to accelarate meaning he isn't scared of being caught. My prediction is one of two outcomes he blows himself up trying to plant a device or suicide by cop. He's not afraid of being caught at all if he did this would be at a much slower pace.

That or it shows confidence that he wont be caught. He changed to using a trip wire pretty quickly, now this incendiary device comes into play, and investigators have to take time and analyze everything to determine what is and isn't connected. on top of that, if he's stockpiled bomb making materials there's no telling how many different types he could employ, making closing in through purchase records of those materials difficult.

If this was a movie there would be more bombs then the final scene would be him facing off with police wearing a suicide vest and hostages. What scares me is they are trying trying create terror and they will eventually want trying let people know why.

I can definitely see that, though without hostages. As for why, I can only speculate of course. He's targeting the Austin area, which is pretty liberal. So possibly a McVeigh type? I certainly am not going to rule out the other kind of terrorism, or he could just want to cause chaos and fear for no particular reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join