It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incendiary Device in Austin - Goodwill Store

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

They are reporting a car on fire now, near the scene. Not clear yet if it's related.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
it was a flare

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: raedar

youre telling me they havent been able to lift a fingerprint? A building M.O? ANY link what so ever?

I feel like our tech has gone up but law enforcement has gotten dumber.

Lets hope the know a lot more than they're telling us. It gets frustrating though when even after several weeks and months we know nothing more than at the beginning. Like the Vegas shooting. Or, the Australian woman that was shot in Minneapolis. Will this just be another mystery with no justice?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I hear ya - it was just weird to hear this guy saying how loud the explosion was - to be cut off saying it wasn't a bomb..

Weird

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I updated the the thread title because the media is reporting that ATF said it was not a package bomb but is an incendiary device, likely unrelated. So just another crazy person to add to the confusion and fear!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thanks! Should be a news conference shortly.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Now some are reporting it is related to the bomber. The upcoming press conf will clear it up.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Some guy is on a news thread saying it was a flare inside of donated items. The ceo of Goodwill Central Texas said it was a pipe. Probably a lot of confusion. They HAVE to be able to get something from the mountain of evidence from the two fed Ex package bombs. I wonder who they were addressed to...

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Pearj

They are starting to say it’s unrelated bc it’s an in incendiary device. How does that so quickly become unrelated???? I am uncomfortable about this...

They say its unrelated, but its probably another shift in the MO (like the trip wire), or this might be indicative of a copy cat/ accomplice.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Agree 100%!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Another possibility is that they are saying it's not related to try to get the bomber to claim credit and establish contact.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The news link provided, the reporter was stating when ask about the devices...
"Austin PD would not disclose the materials used in fear the bomber would change tactics"

Also just noticed people talking about the Netflix series Manhunt: the Unabomber.
So not sure if that's pertinent info for inspiration.

edit on 20-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Could be, given they believe he/they are monitoring the news.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You may be on to something, there.

Tx Atty Gen Ken Paxton said on Fox News his law emforcement contacts said they believe it is connected.

The man injured from the Goodwill device has been treated and released from the hospital. Glad he wasn’t severely injured.
edit on 20-3-2018 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I watched that entire thing and I sure hope this ends a lot sooner!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I watched that entire thing and I sure hope this ends a lot sooner!

It very well could. The bomber/s seem to be escalating, whereas Kaczynski would bomb a target here or there and go back into hiding, and bomb again a year or so later.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Not related..
Old military momento?
What are the odds
Artillery simulator device six inches... that exploded.
SMH

So someone dropped off an old grenade?
I'm guessing like this.

edit on 20-3-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Some guy is on a news thread saying it was a flare inside of donated items. The ceo of Goodwill Central Texas said it was a pipe. Probably a lot of confusion. They HAVE to be able to get something from the mountain of evidence from the two fed Ex package bombs. I wonder who they were addressed to...

Possibly to no one.

If after all this time there is no letter or anything from the bomber/s about intent, I have to imagine its all just random and the fed ex bombs were a way of saying "I'm here, and my bombs can show up anywhere".

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What are the odds?? Very strange! It has been very twilight zone around here at least since the last full moon! I hope some little old lady didn’t drop off a box of her husbands keepsakes!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join