It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants, who dodged California ICE raid after Dem mayor's tip-off, re-arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That crazy Mayor of Oakland California who tipped-off hundreds of illegal immigrants hours before an ICE raid might want to re-think her "position".

Looks like a few that got away have been caught committing crimes again !!

She has blood on her hands and she is probably going to face charges as well.

What a NUT 👋

Illegal immigrants, who dodged California ICE raid after Dem mayor's tip-off, re-arrested for new crimes

Three illegal immigrants, who avoided capture after Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf blew the whistle on a raid by federal immigration authorities last month, have since been re-arrested for new crimes including robbery and spousal abuse, ICE officials said.

Schaaf tweeted out a warning ahead of the raid in northern California last month, infuriating Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials and the Trump administration.

“How dare you!” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in California this month, addressing Schaaf. “How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of our law enforcement officers to promote a radical, open borders agenda.”

ICE officials eventually caught 232 illegal immigrants, many of them criminals, in the four-day sweep but said that hundreds more escaped because of Schaaf’s warning.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She should get a minimum of 3 counts of aiding and abetting, aiding a fugitive,...just for starters

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like BS. 3 that were targeted but got away because of the tip-off? How would a general raid have people targeted? If they were targeted then why didn't they just move on them since they were already identified?

They probably would have said the same of any 3 criminals caught after the raid.

edit on 20-3-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Until it hits home with these politicians, nothing is going to change. Whether that be their decisions affect themselves negatively or they are charged and serve time.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dont forget Los Alamitos denied Sanctuary Status. This movement will spread just on the chance Donald Trump is not bluffing. Their political careers cannot be put in jeopardy by being sent to the Federal pokey for 10 years...
Give Schaaf the Schaaft and send her up the river....
The rest will abandon their party lines (lies) .

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

One was a Mexican national arrested for robbery and gun crimes, who was released back into the community for a prior offense despite an ICE detainer request in November.

Another Mexican national was arrested for a DUI, despite having been deported three times and prior convictions for false imprisonment, DUI and battery of a spouse.

The third was a Mexican national who was arrested for corporal injury of a spouse, despite being deported twice and criminal convictions including drug possession, hit-and-run, DUIs, possessions of narcotics equipment and a parole violation.

So number two, if he had killed someone while drunk driving, would the mayor of Oakland have taken responsibility for that death?

Number one, will the mayor apologize to the person that was robbed, and let them know that they had to be robbed because his pissing match with trump was more important than arresting criminals?

How about number three, who was arrested for hurting his spouse. Hey, I guess she deserved to be beaten, because, ummm, it would be racist to arrest illegals criminals.

But no matter! As the grooming child rape case in the UK shows, we can except any amount of victims so long as we get to virtue signal how non racist we are!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

My hypothesis: she won't get in trouble whatsoever. California is all about it!

I disagree.. but then again I live in Vermont (also a very Liberal state, but I don't exactly "fit in" here in that sense... I'm not a "Right Winger" either...)

Nice job Mayor!

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The judge might ask her "What part about Aiding and Abetting known felons don't you understand"?

This is what anyone else would get for doing this kind of thing. This is what SHOULD happen to her or any other of these people helping illegals many of which have committed felonies and are roaming free.

It's unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Sounds like BS. 3 that were targeted but got away because of the tip-off? How would a general raid have people targeted? If they were targeted then why didn't they just move on them since they were already identified?

They probably would have said the same of any 3 criminals caught after the raid.

I can help you with that, if I may.

ICE was targeting specific people for crimes committed. By specific people, they had their names and arrest warrants for them.

A lot got away.

Some on the original list that got away because of the mayor's warning have since been arrested for other crimes as well.

English is not my first language and it seemed that you were struggling with it too, so I hope that helped in some small way.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Sorry, not having trouble with english but multi-tasking.

A 4 day sweep? Illegals would have been alerting each other after the first hour anyway so you will forgive me if I don't buy into this being such a big deal.

edit on 20-3-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Might help if you can point to something that backs that up because it certainly wasn't in the article in the OP.

A 4 day sweep? Illegals would have been alerting each other after the first hour anyway so you will forgive me if I don't buy into this being such a big deal.

It is called a raid. They have suspects in a certain area, round up everyone there, find the ones that they suspect are there, let the rest go, unless of course they round up other criminals in the process.

You may not have been in this country long. I understand... it is a learning process.

However, in America, arresting criminals is actually a big deal. We have whole law enforcement agencies here and it is all they do. Arrest criminals. Well, except in sanctuary cities, where criminals are more important than the citizens.

Odd, is it not?

Edited to add... in America there is no hotline or alienphone where everyone that is an illegal alien knows all the other ones and just puts out an alert on the radio, or a bat signal in the sky or something. Except of course, in sanctuary cities where the mayor appears to have that job.
edit on 20-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

According to this article they were targeting businesses and it seems like they may have tipped the illegals off themselves:

ICE did not identify any of the businesses its agents visited in the Bay Area and the Sacramento region Monday through Wednesday. The businesses were served notices of inspection and given three working days to comply, and no immediate arrests were made.

So yeah, they may not have had a list of people as you would like to believe.

I still don't think it is a big deal. That is called an opinion. Odd, is it not?

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

According to this article they were targeting businesses and it seems like they may have tipped the illegals off themselves:

ICE did not identify any of the businesses its agents visited in the Bay Area and the Sacramento region Monday through Wednesday. The businesses were served notices of inspection and given three working days to comply, and no immediate arrests were made.

So yeah, they may not have had a list of people as you would like to believe.

I still don't think it is a big deal. That is called an opinion. Odd, is it not?

I think your opinion is certainly odd because it doesn't have anything to do with actual reality and the day in and day out workings of an ICE employee, how and why they conduct raids and how they arrest known criminals.

If you are fine and dandy with criminals then that is your business.

However, I don't normally associate with people that are OK with criminals so have a nice night.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
I think your opinion is certainly odd because it doesn't have anything to do with actual reality and the day in and day out workings of an ICE employee, how and why they conduct raids and how they arrest known criminals.

Who said it had anything to do with that?

If you are fine and dandy with criminals then that is your business.

However, I don't normally associate with people that are OK with criminals so have a nice night.

So you couldn't argue against ice handing out notices to businesses before a raid actually nullifying this faux rage?

Figures.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You would think that someone who fought our right to freedom of assembly would do just the opposite with these immigrants. So we are to have our rights suppressed while they are allowed to commit crimes.

I'm glad I am not related to her.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Liberals/Progressives have zero interest when it comes to the actual welfare of illegal immigrants. They are seen as potential Democrat voters. Period.

Countless lives have been ruined by the slave trade coming north from Mexico. Yes, it is SLAVERY (or... indentured servitude for the more PC minded liberal)... rape and murder are commonplace... the illegals are at the mercy of their handlers. When they do get here (if they survive), most end up on public assistance (welfare).

We, the American public (aka voting age citizens)... we get to pay for those on welfare brought here illegally. Americans objecting to this policy of human trafficking, are branded as "racist".

IF the Liberals/Progressives EVER thought that these folks may possibly vote Republican... they would line the border with minefields, and heavy artillery.

edit on 20-3-2018 by madmac5150 because: Politicians and diapers need to be changed frequently, and for the same reasons...

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Until it hits home with these politicians, nothing is going to change. Whether that be their decisions affect themselves negatively or they are charged and serve time.
Yeah, for too long most politicians haven't been held to account for their misdeeds. It won't change until they are

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I see a problem:

ICE officials eventually caught 232 illegal immigrants, many of them criminals

Criminals? Really ?

They are ALL criminals.
Journalism today. Pfft.
edit on 21-3-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Criminals? Really ?

They are ALL criminals.
Journalism today. Pfft.

Actually, not all infractions are criminal infractions.

ETA: For example:

About half of the individuals arrested also have criminal convictions in addition to their immigration violations, including convictions for assault/battery, crimes against children, weapons charges and DUI.

ICE statement on immigration enforcement activities in northern California is a clear example that even ICE recognizes this difference. It isn't just journalists spinning things.

edit on 21-3-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Sorry, not having trouble with english but multi-tasking.

You know I'd be willing to bet that people in Mexico (for example) said the same thing. Well it's just one public officel that's helping the cartel's. It's just one police chief refusing to arrest drug carriers.

I for one would not be at all surprised to find out that those mayor's and governor's here who are doing this are on the drug cartel's payroll. I just can't see them being so stupid as to openly ignore federal law without a reason. I also have trouble believing that their reason is personal belief or getting more votes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join